Back To The 70's

when i'm feeling really down, i listen to the songs sa saturday night fever para maalala ko yung happy days ko nuong high school. john travolta, the bee gees, yvonne elliman are great pick-me-ups...

nuon yata Sicogon sa THE beach to be during the 70s. if i'm not mistakes duon ginawa yung photo shoot para sa Playboy German edition appearance ni Tetchie Agbayani....

haaayy. those were great times...

I fondly remember Farrah Fawcett in the 1970s here in the Philippines, in fact she was popularly known as Farrah Fawcett-Majors then when she was married to the Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors.

Posters of Farrah Fawcett with her iconic hair style were tremendously popular here in the Philippines, I got mine at Harrison Plaza. Charlie's Angels TV Show won't be as popular if it weren't for Farrah Fawcett. Charlie's Angels was a tremendous hit here in the Philippines alongside with Starsky and Hutch, Donnie and Marie and the Muppet Show which were all shown on the 'Where You Belong' Network GMA-7 (a pre-Kapuso days).

I also remember another iconic 70s film 'Saturday Night Fever' where Tony Manero, John Travolta's character in the film, had a Farrah Fawcett poster in his room.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/DCRJReloaded2/farrah_fawcett_main.jpg

This is the iconic poster from the 70s I fondly remember while growing up during my testesterone years

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/DCRJReloaded2/RiveraFamilyCirca1985.jpg

I also had a Farrah Fawcett photo torn out from the pages of Playboy magazine circled in red on the photo above (left to right - my mother Daisy, brother Demy, brother Darwin and me!)

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Farrah Fawcett has died after a long battle with cancer, Access Hollywood has confirmed.

Farrah died at 9:28 AM on Thursday at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif.

She was 62.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Farrah's longtime companion, Ryan O'Neal, said in a statement to Access. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

The actress, best known for her role in the '70s TV show "Charlie's Angels" and her iconic hair, was in the hospital earlier this month and a source close to Farrah told Access Hollywood at the time that she was not doing well.

While her condition was deteriorating, those closest to Farrah wanted to take her home for her final days.

Her death comes just days after O'Neal revealed he had asked Farrah to be his wife.

"If she's feeling a little better, I've asked her to marry me again and she's agreed," Ryan said in a new interview with Barbara Walters for ABC's "20/20," set to air June 26.

"We will as soon as she can say, 'Yes.' Maybe she can nod her head. I promise you, we will."

However, a source has confirmed to Access that Ryan and Farrah did not get married prior to her death.

In addition, Access has learned Ryan and Farrah's son, Redmond O'Neal, did not get to see his mother a second time on a court-allowed visit from jail. The last time Redmond saw Farrah was during his first and only court-allowed visit on April 25.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department told Access no requests had been made to transport Redmond to see his mother before she died.

Following her diagnosis with anal cancer in 2006, Farrah waged a very public battle against the disease, documenting her fight in "Farrah's Story," which aired in May on NBC and will re-air on June 26 at 8 PM.

After several rounds of chemotherapy treatments, Farrah announced that she was cancer-free, but in May 2007, the cancer had returned and she underwent further treatment in Germany.

The star was born on February 2, 1947, in Corpus Christi, Texas. Even at a young age, Farrah caught people's attention - she was given the title "Most Beautiful" in high school.

She became an icon for her role as Jill Munroe in "Charlie's Angels" in the mid-'70s, inspiring fans to imitate her feathered blonde hair. She rose to sex symbol status thanks in part to a now-legendary swimsuit poster that sold over 12 million copies.

Farrah left the popular show after a single season, going on to star in a number of films, television shows and made-for-TV movies such as 1984's "The Burning Bed," which earned her an Emmy nomination.

The actress made further headlines in 1995, when she posed for Playboy at age 48.

Farrah is survived by her father James, longtime partner Ryan O'Neal, their son, Redmond O'Neal, who has dealt with numerous legal issues over the last few years, including most recently, an arrest for allegedly trying to bring heroin into an LA-area jail facility on April 5.

another 70s icon , well not only 70s but 60s, 80s, 90s as well, has died just minutes ago...'don't stop til you get enough' music was borrowed to be the theme song of john en marsha in the 1970s

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/DCRJReloaded2/mj.jpg

Another icon............Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest. Well, I remember fond of hearing their group's (Jackson 5 with him as lead) Xmas song "Give Love on Christmas Day". Pati Ben, Got to Be There (the hit nuon when there was continous rains for almost a month-September nuon), I'll Be There. The 70s was the year when Michael was still Michael. No freak show then. May he rest in peace! Thanks for the memories.

I fondly remember Farrah Fawcett in the 1970s here in the Philippines, in fact she was popularly known as Farrah Fawcett-Majors then when she was married to the Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors.

Posters of Farrah Fawcett with her iconic hair style were tremendously popular here in the Philippines, I got mine at Harrison Plaza. Charlie's Angels TV Show won't be as popular if it weren't for Farrah Fawcett. Charlie's Angels was a tremendous hit here in the Philippines alongside with Starsky and Hutch, Donnie and Marie and the Muppet Show which were all shown on the 'Where You Belong' Network GMA-7 (a pre-Kapuso days).

I also remember another iconic 70s film 'Saturday Night Fever' where Tony Manero, John Travolta's character in the film, had a Farrah Fawcett poster in his room.

This is the iconic poster from the 70s I fondly remember while growing up during my testesterone years

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/DCRJReloaded2/RiveraFamilyCirca1985.jpg

I also had a Farrah Fawcett photo torn out from the pages of Playboy magazine circled in red on the photo above (left to right - my mother Daisy, brother Demy, brother Darwin and me!)

Biglang pumasok sa isip ko ang movie ni Ryan O'Neal na "Love Story" :( .

She had the most famous hairdo then. Most of the young girls then sported the hairdo.

goodbye farrah! dating crush ng bayan

Another 70s icon died today...Karl Malden

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/07/01/arts/02malden_600.jpg

I remember Karl Malden in 'Streets of San Francisco' with a youthful looking sidekick named Michael Douglas...Michael Douglas hairstyle then was a brushed-up style and Michael Douglas was known as 'Kirk Douglas' son back then.

Karl Malden's prominent feature is his crooked double bump nose , I still remember the theme song of 'streets of san francisco' playing in my head, the cop series was shown on RPN-9 in the early and middle part of the 1970s

Edited by Anaheim

70's? hmmm, mahahalata na ang edad ko ... hehehe.

well, kabubukas lang ng virramall (where i'd open a store fifteen years after), saw singer tillie moreno (daughter of justice moreno, whom became one of my close friends in virramall); katatapos lang din ng quad (ancestor of glorietta), where there's an aviary park nearby. ba't kaya di na nagkaron ng aviary park kasing-ganda nun? well, 70's is 70's.

oh yes, 4 kami sumakay sa taxi sa quiapo tanghaling tapat. know what? di kami pinagpapawisan. now, it's impossible to ride a cab, even alone, without an aircon turned on. what with manila's pollution and population tenfold increase!

Edited by remoteworld
70's? hmmm, mahahalata na ang edad ko ... hehehe.

well, kabubukas lang ng virramall (where i'd open a store fifteen years after), saw singer tillie moreno (daughter of justice moreno, whom became one of my close friends in virramall); katatapos lang din ng quad (ancestor of glorietta), where there's an aviary park nearby. ba't kaya di na nagkaron ng aviary park kasing-ganda nun? well, 70's is 70's.

oh yes, 4 kami sumakay sa taxi sa quiapo tanghaling tapat. know what? di kami pinagpapawisan. now, it's impossible to ride a cab, even alone, without an aircon turned on. what with manila's pollution and population tenfold increase!

My Civil Eng professor did the structural design of Virra Mall. I remember I bought some European made t-shirts like Sergio Tacchini, Australian, Fila (the ones worn by Bjorn Borg), etc. in one of the stores (forgot the name) at the ground floor.

Edited by storm
wala pang mga scooter na nanggugulo sa kalye, kadalasan

maluwag ang kalye. wala rin mga bus na nanggigitgit noon,

edukado rin mag drive karamihan sa mga taxi drivers noon.

Meron nang DM transit nun. Grabeng manggitgit. Mas mabilis lang nga ang byahe nun pero loko na ring mag-drive mga public utility vehicles - taxi, jeep, bus. Hindi na natutong tumino. Mga pulis nun kumokotong na rin. Mas mura lang nga.

Matino nun ang mga pedestrians. Takot sa jaywalking.

Meron nang DM transit nun. Grabeng manggitgit. Mas mabilis lang nga ang byahe nun pero loko na ring mag-drive mga public utility vehicles - taxi, jeep, bus. Hindi na natutong tumino. Mga pulis nun kumokotong na rin. Mas mura lang nga.

Matino nun ang mga pedestrians. Takot sa jaywalking.

yung DM transit - yun ba yung baby bus, red at yung entrance & exit nasa likuran at gitna?

1) Ling Nam sa QUAD (Makati)

2) movie house - Rizal Avenue maganda pa - State, Ever, Universal, Jennet, Lords,

Roxan, Galaxy, Capri, Odeon, Alegria sa kanto ng tayuman & rizal avenue

My Civil Eng professor did the structural design of Virra Mall. I remember I bought some European made t-shirts like Sergio Tacchini, Australian, Fila (the ones worn by Bjorn Borg), etc. in one of the stores (forgot the name) at the ground floor.

virra mall was built the old way: the right way, no wonder it survived all earthquakes.

there were only a few stores that sell general goods in the ground floor. most of them were in the same side where gym equipments (owned by my hindi friends like don, who's still active selling at the 2nd level) were. those were the days, the english-speaking store owners were the ones who manned their stores, you could make kwento and tawad without problems, business was so personal! nowadays it's their tinderas whom you talked to: "ano yun, dong?" the english-speaking greenhills tinderos/tinderas are rarity nowadays.

virra mall was built the old way: the right way, no wonder it survived all earthquakes.

there were only a few stores that sell general goods in the ground floor. most of them were in the same side where gym equipments (owned by my hindi friends like don, who's still active selling at the 2nd level) were. those were the days, the english-speaking store owners were the ones who manned their stores, you could make kwento and tawad without problems, business was so personal! nowadays it's their tinderas whom you talked to: "ano yun, dong?" the english-speaking greenhills tinderos/tinderas are rarity nowadays.

I also remember a theater inside Virramall, sa third floor. I forgot the title of the movie watched but I am sure it was a tagalog movie

remoteworld, sir...kilala nyo ba si Revin, yung indonesian guy na nagtitinda ng mga cd games sa third floor ng virramall, his shop I remember was called 'coffee shop'

yung DM transit - yun ba yung baby bus, red at yung entrance & exit nasa likuran at gitna?

1) Ling Nam sa QUAD (Makati)

2) movie house - Rizal Avenue maganda pa - State, Ever, Universal, Jennet, Lords,

Roxan, Galaxy, Capri, Odeon, Alegria sa kanto ng tayuman & rizal avenue

DM transit was an all-white regular sized bus like the Manila Transit/Love Bus.