Back To The 70's

I was half-expecting there'd be a Christmas get-together among the 70s group. Seems busy lahat.

@16track and masi: We're long overdue for another round of golf mag pards!

@storm: I will give you a copy of "The Cheech and Chong Anthology" next time we meet.

@bods: I've been visiting your resto often the past few months. Always had the temerity to drop your name. Always managed to get a discount. Hahaha!

@Para a todos: Os deseo un feliz navidad y un año nuevo llena de gracia y virtud. Saludos y un abrazo mis amigos!

Sounds good to me bro!

I was half-expecting there'd be a Christmas get-together among the 70s group. Seems busy lahat.

@16track and masi: We're long overdue for another round of golf mag pards!

@storm: I will give you a copy of "The Cheech and Chong Anthology" next time we meet.

@bods: I've been visiting your resto often the past few months. Always had the temerity to drop your name. Always managed to get a discount. Hahaha!

@Para a todos: Os deseo un feliz navidad y un año nuevo llena de gracia y virtud. Saludos y un abrazo mis amigos!

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean. Traffic then was so hassle free.

Yun nga lang, meron na nung mga scooters back then. Many of them were the Vespa types and the Honda Super Cub bikes. However, their number was considerably less than what it is now. So few that you can actually recognize those who rode them. I remember those bikes as I actually got run over by one careless scooter rider when I was in early elementary and had to get stitches on my head because of it. I remember also the mini-trail motorcycles then.

My neighbor was big bike fan and he a couple of BMW R69 types and an old Yamaha RD400.

Remember those nice sexy BMW bikes that Chiquito use to feature in his movies? Those were darn classics!

Heheh. next to those BMWs, I had often wished my father would get mea Dune Buggy! A yellow one!

masarap mag drive pag sunday, basta mula umaga hanggang gabi

walang traffic, at maluwag sa kalye sa metro manila.

at walang scooter na ka-cut sa iyo. Oo nga pala naalala ko,

wala pang mga scooter noon, walang pedicab na biglang

tatawid sa harapan mo.

Edited by 16track
  • 2 weeks later...

Nauso rin yung mga motocross bikes. Hindi ako pinayagang bumili ng motor nun kasi naaksidente yung cousin in law ko and naputol yung left arm nya. He had a big bike then, a 750cc, forgot kung Honda or Susuki. Another friend naman almost died in his motocross bike accident. Kaya hanggang tingin na lang ako. I was into pedal power nun, pero angas din kasi Italian racer. Hehehe.

Happy O-ten!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest megalodon

Being a kid in this decade, the only lifestyle I had then was, every after school, watching Mekanda on Mondays, Daimos on Tuesdays, Mazinger-Z on Wednesdays, Grendaizer on Thursdays and the immortal Voltes V on Fridays.

Edited by megalodon

the 70's was great. things like the internet was a halo, a dream, now we're using it.,,,,,,,,,mind you I did study pascal programming.....which is now obsolete!!!!!!!, sta. cruz, manila, conned by a hussler ,,,......elevator shoes....25 pesos!!!!!! the inside of the shoes was made basically of CARTON, and flimsy glue paper!!!! our barkadahan was into neil young, led zep, hotdog ( pinoy ) watched their movie at new frontier cubao, saturday night fever, dune.. was a great thing, i'm glad we had that. martial law was fun for us young kids!!!!! no classes, some strikes, student riot before that and basically a carnival atmosphere for us!!!!!!! of course the major SECTORS were serious about the possibility of war, of JOMA, of TARUCS the huks, ( i eventually became a compadre to the grandson's first born as godgather) this is too much info.

i must have had a brain fart. Anyways, I did lived through the 70's mostly in PI. It formed the basis for where we are right now. Some of these people, mind you rubbed shoulders ( and ideas ) with some people. Indeed it was an era that now we cherish. I AM REALLY , REALLY GLAD I AM PART OF IT....AND PROUD OF IT. We are now recognized as the MIND ALTERING EXPORTER OF HUMAN MANPOWER TO MOST OF THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD!!!!!! ThaT IS not ALL PROVERTY...that is talent..... I have been in so many different countries and GOT SURPRISED OF THE SO INSCOPICOUS PINOYS WORKING!!!!! IN THESES PLACES. I am really glad i was a part of the seventies in pinas. I wish i could have done more, but i was limited by time, not money. ( I once had a face to face talk with a secretary of something min pinas) . eventually, the pinoy spirit lives on, eventhough I have 3 different nationalities.... I AM PINOY ALWAYS...THROUGH AND THROUGH!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
pareng storm, nice to see you in this video

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Hehehe. Tagal ko na ring hindi nakadalaw dito!

Nice thoughts knoll1234. I learned fortran and completely forgot.

Edited by storm
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nung 70s you can survive summer without aircon

Right! And when you took noon time nap-- somehow for some strange reason, there's always seem to be an AM radio playing nearby-- filling the air with faint sounds of Matt Monroe or similar artist. It was a good combination to getting anyone to fall asleep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...