Back To The 70's

Ano kaya ang itsura ng Boracay nung 70s?

yun din ang iniisip ko.....kaya am asking if somebody has pictures of Boracay during the 70s and 80s, post naman dito. I am a photographer and videographer by profession and has several clients sa Boracay. Puro kwento lang, wala namang pictures na makakita. All they could say is that wala talagang resorts nuon. Kapag nasa long beach ka, kita mo yung other side mas lalo dun sa view hill na pinakamataas na lugar, during the 70s daw, kitang kita mo na halos ang buo ng Aklan. Puro mangingisda ang nakatira sa Boracay at ang daming Aetas. Diretso pa raw ang long beach, now parang half moon na because of erosions. Man, I would like to go back in time and take a look at that "future" paradise. What it looked during the 70s. (tawaga pa nga nila Puka Shell Island)

Uso noon ang Puka shells necklace!!! Meron ako nun. Glows in the dark kapag may black light. Hehehe.

First time naming makapunta was in 91 or 92. We were invited to go there in 81 pero kj tatay ko eh. Hanggang Binirayan Festival lang kami napunta nun. Sayang talaga.

We'll be there next week. Sana walang ulan. Pray!

in the 70s, boracay is a tourist destination of many foreigners mostly

from Europe. topless was a common sight and nudity was common during

late afternoon till evening. At the same time, majority of visitors are from

foreign land. No electricity during that time so we used torch as we stay in a

small hut.

Uso noon ang Puka shells necklace!!! Meron ako nun. Glows in the dark kapag may black light. Hehehe.

First time naming makapunta was in 91 or 92. We were invited to go there in 81 pero kj tatay ko eh. Hanggang Binirayan Festival lang kami napunta nun. Sayang talaga.

We'll be there next week. Sana walang ulan. Pray!

I was there 1993 October. It was my first time and really marvelled at the quality of sand duon. Documentation ang pakay ko kasi one of the resorts requested our company to make brochures. Since then parati na ako at nakita ko ang pag lago, or shall i say, ang pag bagsak ng Boracay. Not too many resorts then (1993) pero now they have na golf course, malls, and too many resorts. Nuon tricycle ang mode ng transoprtation sa island pero now, nagulat ako may mga vans na. Its self destructing.

in the 70s: pare, inum tayo sa egg n eye...tapos tawid tayo maalikaya! :goatee:

today : pare, mag classmates ktv tayo...tapos tawid kremlin! :upside:

buhay pa naman ang maalikaya. got the better of my younger colleagues when I picked the best looking mpa from their facebook. the kiddies still need experience in how to pick and choose from facebooks, erferferf

I was there 1993 October. It was my first time and really marvelled at the quality of sand duon. Documentation ang pakay ko kasi one of the resorts requested our company to make brochures. Since then parati na ako at nakita ko ang pag lago, or shall i say, ang pag bagsak ng Boracay. Not too many resorts then (1993) pero now they have na golf course, malls, and too many resorts. Nuon tricycle ang mode ng transoprtation sa island pero now, nagulat ako may mga vans na. Its self destructing.

Nung 91 wala pang tricycle. Angkas ka sa likod ng motorcycle. Walang koryente, pulos generator. Kung sabagay panay brown out din noon sa NCR. :thumbsdownsmiley:

PACMAN won! Congrats!!! So I was thinking, sino ba ang sikat na boksingerong pinoy during the 70s? Salavarria?

How about Ben Villaflor? Hope you still remember him?

Btw, all our prominent boxers have been left-handed....hmmmmmm, maybe I could create a new discussion for this....

• 2 weeks later...

pareng storm musta na ?

RIP David Carradine, he was a big part of the 70s when he starred in Kung Fu as Kwai Chang Caine. I grew up watching David Carradine and I remember watching the show late at night on IBC 13 practically I like the show because Bruce Lee was so popular in that period. Warner Bros. TV producers picked David Carradine over Bruce Lee for reasons that Bruce Lee wasn't a bankable actor and was simply a chinese guy. Heartbroken Bruce Lee instead went to HK to film HK movies which became blockbuster hits which resonated to the US thus a movie offer from Warner Bros. to star in Enter The Dragon.

pareng storm musta na ?

RIP David Carradine, he was a big part of the 70s when he starred in Kung Fu as Kwai Chang Caine. I grew up watching David Carradine and I remember watching the show late at night on IBC 13 practically I like the show because Bruce Lee was so popular in that period. Warner Bros. TV producers picked David Carradine over Bruce Lee for reasons that Bruce Lee wasn't a bankable actor and was simply a chinese guy. Heartbroken Bruce Lee instead went to HK to film HK movies which became blockbuster hits which resonated to the US thus a movie offer from Warner Bros. to star in Enter The Dragon.

Kaya pala Bill killed. Sorry to hear that. :(

I have an ongoing exhibit at Alliance Francaise until June 15. Glad you drop by bro!

wacky race cartoon, partridge family, jaworski (in his very prime), arnaiz, andy fields,

bruce "sky" king, toyota-crispa, atoy co, fabiosa, cezar, mon fernandez, cyruss mann,

cisco oliver, u-tex wranglers, led zepellin, kiss, deep purple, boston, scorpio, pink floyd,

dante silverio, black sabbath, fair and smooth skin (wala pa kasing butas ang ozone layer),

very pleasant summer kahit tanghaling tapat hindi nakakaitim ang init di gaya ngayon less

than 5 minutes nangingitim agad, last full show movies hanggang past 1:00am, halos solo

mo ang kalye kung nag drive ka ng sunday afternoon, rizal theatre (rustan's glorieta na ngayon),

"for adults only" sa public movie theatre (di pa uso rated R noon), fort acuna, abe king,

cleofas, tito eduque, rudy lalota, larry pounds, otto moore, disco, john travolta, hardy boys

nancy drew mysteries, pamela sue anderson, shaun cassidy, roger moore, chew chew junction

sa greenhills, QUAD theatre (glorieta one ngayon), walang bayad ang parking kahit saan ka

magparking kahit saan kalye sa bandang glorieta pwede mag parking, walang towing kahit

saan mag parking ok lang kahit sa mga shopping complex, and of course - enjoy mag drive

ng sasakyan kasi nga maluwag lagi ang kalye - walang pedicab, tricycle (meron din tricycle

pero hindi bastos), walang kahit anong bike (dirtbike, scooter, bisikleta, big bike) na biglang

cut sa harapan mo, walang jeepney and taxi na biglang cut sa harap mo, chinese movie every

sunday 9am, the marathon man (dustin hofman), shazam! - captain marvel, 8 track cassette tapes

na naka display sa harap ng jeepney, red baby bus, walang LRT, Jai-Alai sa Taft Avenue,

black vinyl records, "giant sized" speakers...........

Sa mga mahilig maghanap ng mga 70's movies....ang latest nakita ko sa Makati Cinema Square is yung complete set ng Planet of the Apes...5 DVDs all in all for only 300 bucks. Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Battle for the Planet of the Apes.

After watching them all, ayaw ko ng makakita ng matsing.