Back To The 70's

The film was released last in 2008 but if you are old enough to remember the topic, then you're definitely from the 70's. I just watched Ron Howard's "Frost/Nixon", his depiction of Davi Frosts interviews with the only American president to resign from office. I was Grade 3 and had just came back from playing basketball during recess when the news came about the resignation. Frank Langella's depiction of Nixon is a marvel to behold. Interesting stuff. I recommend it !

We had a get-together of former block-mates in UP. Reminiscing the good old late 70s.

==============================================================

Ang sayang magkasama ulit nga yung mga friends mo during the 70s. Our batch at Esteban Abada High School 74 had a very first reunion after 32 years last 2006 and it was really emotional. Mga kakalase ko hindi ko na makilala. Iba na faces nila. So hard to organize that reunion (preparation only 4 months - biglaan) but it was all worth it. We are planning to stage our 35th year as graduates this coming November. hopefully mas maraming maka attend.

gusto kong mapanuod ulit ang "The Last American Virgin" kung meron... saw it in '83... great soundtrack... Oh No, Shake it Up, Just Once, to name a few

"The Last American Virgin" was a great movie at that time. Aside dito, I have another fav yung "The Pirate Movie" starring Kristy Mcnichol. I can still remember when the days na pinapatugtug pa sa WTM pag Friday yung theme song of that movie - My First Love - yata yun.

==============================================================

Ang sayang magkasama ulit nga yung mga friends mo during the 70s. Our batch at Esteban Abada High School 74 had a very first reunion after 32 years last 2006 and it was really emotional. Mga kakalase ko hindi ko na makilala. Iba na faces nila. So hard to organize that reunion (preparation only 4 months - biglaan) but it was all worth it. We are planning to stage our 35th year as graduates this coming November. hopefully mas maraming maka attend.

Yeah I agree. Yung iba di ko na rin matandaan. Dyahe namang iadmit. Hehehe. Nag-iba rin daw itsura ko. We're reconnecting because of Facebook!

Heheh!

Maraming kinita sa akin ang Esperanza's. May nililigawan ako sa QC nuon and it was the closest shop to their house. Sa date naman, tuloy ng Luigi's or Italian Village.

Malapit na ang valentine's day.

Flower shops nun

Bechavez

Esperansa's

L Carlos

Flowers by Sylvia in Katipunan

Petals and Twigs

Uso rin nun ang Social Telegram. Hehehe.

Yeah I agree. Yung iba di ko na rin matandaan. Dyahe namang iadmit. Hehehe. Nag-iba rin daw itsura ko. We're reconnecting because of Facebook!

========================================================================

And to top it all, merong dumating sabi sa akin, di mo na ako kilala? Tinitigan ko......sabi ko, sorry pre, cant recall........then, shocking, when he introduced himself.....best friend ko pa during high school. hahaha. embarrasing !!!

Back from MCS, I now have a hefty stash of Steve McQueen films. First I got was THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR. After 40 years, was able to see this film again. Then I got THE GETAWAY, and finally THE SAND PEBBLES. BULLIT na lang ang kulang talaga..

Watching these films, specially THOMAS CROWN, am struck by the wild abandon of the film characters lighting up a cigarette and smoking every chance they get - which is often! When exactly did smoking as depicted in film become politically incorrect?

Hi Guys!

Sorry but a bit off topic lang saglit,

Does anybody have a copy of the MISS SAIGON Soundtrack? Or better yet, a copy of the making of Ms. Saigon DVD?

Willing to sell a copy? Please do let me know...

Thanks so much!

I know Mrs Boomouse does. If you have enough bandwidth, I can PM you a URL from where you can download it. MP4, H.264 video (for Apple TV) is ok?