Back To The 70's

Howdy all, Bods, Storm, et al! Was anyone able to watch Dianne Reeves at Rockwell or Ivan Lins? EB on Fri the 13th?

Was planning to watch Mike Stern the guitarist kaso the way the scheduled the jazzfest, you have to shell out P2000 to watch 2 acts. Problem was I did not want to see the act paired with Mike Stern, so there....

Just text pare and let's see what happens on Friday hehehe....

• 2 weeks later...

We had wine instead in our friend's house.

In the 70s di pa uso ang wine. Pale Pilsen and Punch (made of juice and gin or vodka) were the party drinks of choice.

Favorite cocktails

Screwdriver

Tequila sunrise

Margarita

Sangria

Tom Collins

Zombie

Weng weng

Piña Colada

Vodka Tonic

Gin Tonic

Gimlet

Vodka martini

Rum coke

Thirty years ago naglalakad tayo sa Session road, medyo antok antok pa sa kaka party sa Crystal Cave kagabi. Every 10 minutes or so you see someone you know from Manila, "uy pare! saan kayo naka stay? kelan kayo babalik Manila? Saan kayo mamaya?"

Aaaaah Holy Week in Baguio...those were the days!

Holy week nuong 70's sa Baguio with the barkada. Hangout was Fireplace Disco & Bar with Juan dela Cruz Band and Pepe Smith performing Pilipino Rock music. Wala pang Boracay nuon, so Bauang La Union beaches ang swimming destination. Matabungkay was the second choice. Puerta Galera in Mindoro was an off the beaten path destination yet. Oceanography/Science Class lang ang nagpupunta duon.

Matabungkay and Baguio ang puntahan kapag Holy Week but the "missing link" was that when Friday comes, tahimik ang kapaligitan, walang tawanan, harutan, lasingan all day. Well-respected ang Good Friday unlike nowadays, like the one showing now sa boobtube, puro tismisan ning Boy Abunda, Kris Aquino, Ruffa Gutierrez kung saan saan sila nag spend ng Good Friday. I remember we used to go to the "Grotto" sa Bulacan and meditate. Now, majority meditate by drinking and make merry (parang scene sa Ten Commandments when Moses went down after receiving the tablets of stone-he was shocked!).

Matabungkay and Baguio ang puntahan kapag Holy Week but the "missing link" was that when Friday comes, tahimik ang kapaligitan, walang tawanan, harutan, lasingan all day. Well-respected ang Good Friday unlike nowadays, like the one showing now sa boobtube, puro tismisan ning Boy Abunda, Kris Aquino, Ruffa Gutierrez kung saan saan sila nag spend ng Good Friday. I remember we used to go to the "Grotto" sa Bulacan and meditate. Now, majority meditate by drinking and make merry (parang scene sa Ten Commandments when Moses went down after receiving the tablets of stone-he was shocked!).

yeah...

dati pa nga nun, Black Saturday, sarado pa din lahat - walang malls, sinehan, lakwatsahan. Now the lure of commerce and greed has overtaken everyone. All are in a hurry to make money kaya pati Black Saturday na kasama pa sa meditation wala na. Nasa mall na - nagmemeditate kung ano panonoorin at kung saan kakain..

Mas maganda ang Baguio noon kaysa ngayon.

==============================================

Naku, tama ka, Storm. What shocked me was a few years ago, I tried to revisit Crystal Caves. Found out later in the day that its now located sa loob ng isang subdivision ! Nang makita ko, ang panghi panghi na! Cant imagine then that rows of houses will be permitted to be built above those caves. Overpopulation? Corruption? Maybe both.

==============================================

Naku, tama ka, Storm. What shocked me was a few years ago, I tried to revisit Crystal Caves. Found out later in the day that its now located sa loob ng isang subdivision ! Nang makita ko, ang panghi panghi na! Cant imagine then that rows of houses will be permitted to be built above those caves. Overpopulation? Corruption? Maybe both.

Nakakalungkot talaga!

Camp John Hay na lang yata ang matino jan. Buti na lang nagkaroon ng BenCab Museum.

Talking about Baguio, nawala na rin yung mga pine trees sa bulubundukin. Ang marami, bahay! Dont know why nagkaron ng titolo ng lupa ang mga yun. About Boracay naman, baka naman meron kayong picture ng early Boracay during the 70s maski 80s, pa share naman. Na intrigue lang ako kasi sabi ng resort owner na ginagawan ko ng brochure, ang lawak lawak daw ang lupain sa harapan ng beach. Baka lang meron kayong natatago sa baol na pictures :-)

pag nalate kasi, after midnight, stay in party na yun. sleep over na kasi may curfew.

Nung '76 ay wala ng curfew kaya lumakas ang mga disco gaya ng Where Else, Delirium and Coco Banana (pero di ako napunta dun kahit minsan).

Pag maganda date ko or magaling sumayaw, tuloy sa Where else!