Back To The 70's

Mighty Mike Ampon for tennis ??

Ral Rosario for swimming (scion from the now-defunct COD)

Magaling:

Yup! I play golf bro. Haven't played in a while due to my schedule but I'd like to go for a round soon. Matter of act, I just bought myself a new set of clubs but I have not used yet.

Aguinaldo is fine with me. Ok din Intramuros. Let me know when you want to go for 18 holes and I'll join you.

I started to play golf when I was 10 years old- in the early 70s.

Back then, Philippine golf ( like basketball ) was tops in Asia. The big names then were Ben Arda, Rudy Labares, Boy Legaspi, Paterno Braza and a few more. Frankie Minoza was just starting out then. For the amateur golfers, Tommy Manotoc was always a contender.

The 70's for the Philippines was a pretty good decade for sports. I remember the following:

1. Eugene Torre

2. Paeng Nepomuceno

3. Bong Coo

4. Ben Arda

5. Ben Villaflor

6. Dante Silverio

7. Pocholo Ramirez

8. Ral Rosario

@16 track: Pards, anytime you want to play a round at Aguinaldo, I'd make time. Anyway, in my industry, work tends to slow down in December except for the parties :rolleyes: But since mukhang dalawa lang tayo and the others seem to be bent to join us even if just in the clubhouse, here's an idea...para (1) hindi sila masyado matagal maghintay at (2) we don't miss out on the kwentuhan, let's just hit a few buckets sa Citigolf at Julia Vargas? There are a couple of restos (Barcino's comes to mind) just a few steps away. The others can take a bite and have a few beers and we join them after?

How does that sound?

Anytime this week mga chong!!! At huwag kalimutan ang mga cd, mp3, vcd at dvd! Para na rin tayong nag exchange gift in keeping with the season. Hahaha!.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Magaling:

I'm ok to play a round at Aguinaldo. Let me kmow when you prefer. Ok lang naman kahit dalawa lang tayo although you can bring a friend if you want. It's a social game so meeting new people is always welcome.

Magandang maglaro ngayon as hindi maiinit.

Unfortunately, I go to the range only during the morning weekends lang.

Thanks!

@16 track: Pards, anytime you want to play a round at Aguinaldo, I'd make time. Anyway, in my industry, work tends to slow down in December except for the parties :rolleyes: But since mukhang dalawa lang tayo and the others seem to be bent to join us even if just in the clubhouse, here's an idea...para (1) hindi sila masyado matagal maghintay at (2) we don't miss out on the kwentuhan, let's just hit a few buckets sa Citigolf at Julia Vargas? There are a couple of restos (Barcino's comes to mind) just a few steps away. The others can take a bite and have a few beers and we join them after?

How does that sound?

Anytime this week mga chong!!! At huwag kalimutan ang mga cd, mp3, vcd at dvd! Para na rin tayong nag exchange gift in keeping with the season. Hahaha!.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by 16track

Is there room for third person in your flight?

I'm good this week except Tuesday and Thursday.

Pareng Storm, sorry to intrude in you thread.

Para hindi OT, during the 70s, plaid pants of yellow and blue and a yellow Munsingwear was the fashion in golf courses.

Teka, parang ganyan na ulit ang mga suot ng European PGA players!

Edited by masi

I'm good to go as well. Let me know bros when you prefer top play.

Medyo libre na schedule from this week up to after Christmas.

Timing is very right as I just got myself a new set of clubs-- Nicklaus Irons and Driver. I have not even hit them at all. May plastic pa. heheh.

Will send you my cell number via PM just in case you want to hit the links as I am alright Friday this week and the next few weeks.

Magaling, free to play this Friday? Masi will make three for the flight.

Speaking of 70's fashion-- I also see many of the young golfers these days wearing low waist pants with wide white belts. The white golf shoes are also making a comeback as these young golfers make their own statement. Heck man, I even see 70's style long hair.

Check out this guy Camilo Villegas - one of the more popular players on tour today:

http://camilo-villegas.hotinfolive.com/Golf_Picture_3.php

and compare it to 70's golf icon Seve Ballesteros:

http://golf.about.com/od/golfersmen/ig/Sev...llesteros-5.htm

Cheers!

Para hindi OT, during the 70s, plaid pants of yellow and blue and a yellow Munsingwear was the fashion in golf courses.

Edited by 16track

Ooops, sorry for a slight change in schedule. My Friday just got booked without my knowledge!!! My wife moved the date of our office Christmas Party from Thursday to Friday. That leaves only this Wednesday free. Anytime next week is ok, even Monday!

I'm good to go as well. Let me know bros when you prefer top play.

Medyo libre na schedule from this week up to after Christmas.

Timing is very right as I just got myself a new set of clubs-- Nicklaus Irons and Driver. I have not even hit them at all. May plastic pa. heheh.

Will send you my cell number via PM just in case you want to hit the links as I am alright Friday this week and the next few weeks.

Magaling, free to play this Friday? Masi will make three for the flight.

Speaking of 70's fashion-- I also see many of the young golfers these days wearing low waist pants with wide white belts. The white golf shoes are also making a comeback as these young golfers make their own statement. Heck man, I even see 70's style long hair.

Check out this guy Camilo Villegas - one of the more popular players on tour today:

http://camilo-villegas.hotinfolive.com/Golf_Picture_3.php

and compare it to 70's golf icon Seve Ballesteros:

http://golf.about.com/od/golfersmen/ig/Sev...llesteros-5.htm

Cheers!

Same here, 16track. I don't play as much as I used to. I'll be luck to put in a round per month. No driving range din!

Hope to see you soon.

Edited by masi
Same here, 16track. I don't play as much as I used to. I'll be luck to put in a round per month. No driving range din!

Hope to see you soon.

That's what "sandbaggers" always say...kinakabahan na tuloy ako makipaglaro sa inyo! :unsure: Hahaha! Guys, I'm already on leave starting Thursday. Monday will be fine with me....

If in case sa Aguinaldo tayo, maybe bods, storm, gadalej, etc can join us later for lunch?

That's what "sandbaggers" always say...kinakabahan na tuloy ako makipaglaro sa inyo! :unsure: Hahaha! Guys, I'm already on leave starting Thursday. Monday will be fine with me....

If in case sa Aguinaldo tayo, maybe bods, storm, gadalej, etc can join us later for lunch?

hahaha! Monday sounds good, either in the morning or afternoon tee off time.

Magaling and Masi:

Monday it is then for us at Aguinaldo ( malapit lang iyon ).

So we are a go then! Great!

Shall we say 06:30 Registration then tee off? I'll wait for you both of you at beside the first tee.

Fore!

Magaling and Masi:

Monday it is then for us at Aguinaldo ( malapit lang iyon ).

So we are a go then! Great!

Shall we say 06:30 Registration then tee off? I'll wait for you both of you at beside the first tee.

Fore!

much as i hate being a party pooper i have to be this time!

an important meeting originally scheduled for thursday morning was unceremoniously moved to monday.

this is the story of most golf invites i got during the year!

if you guys don't mind, can we move tee off to tuesday morning? this is definite.

sorry again guys!

Basta ako okay lang makikain! Hehehe. If sa driving range, maybe you can help me hit the ball.

Okay lang Masi. Dito basta nabuhay ka ng 70s, anything goes na!

Next week will be good for me. Busy ako this week. Maraming naghahabol ng pangregalo. Ang bibigtime nila. Hehehe.

I'm fine with Dec. 23 Tuesday morning.

Cheers!

See you guys then! Lets have lunch na rin there with Storm or Bods and the others if they can make it.

:thumbsupsmiley:

much as i hate being a party pooper i have to be this time!

an important meeting originally scheduled for thursday morning was unceremoniously moved to monday.

this is the story of most golf invites i got during the year!

if you guys don't mind, can we move tee off to tuesday morning? this is definite.

sorry again guys!

Basta ako okay lang makikain! Hehehe. If sa driving range, maybe you can help me hit the ball.

Okay lang Masi. Dito basta nabuhay ka ng 70s, anything goes na!

Next week will be good for me. Busy ako this week. Maraming naghahabol ng pangregalo. Ang bibigtime nila. Hehehe.

salamat pareng storm see you tuesday. pwede na rin namin kayong turuan nina pareng bods mag-golf para sabay-sabay na tayo sa susunod.

I'm fine with Dec. 23 Tuesday morning.

Cheers!

See you guys then! Lets have lunch na rin there with Storm or Bods and the others if they can make it.

:thumbsupsmiley:

See you at the clubhouse Tuesday noon! I'm quite sure we'd be done by then (maikli lang ang Aguinaldo).

thanks for the adjustment. see you on tuesday @ 6:30a.m. at Aguinaldo!

Sige punta kami para makikain. Hehehe.

Paging Bods and the rest of the Martial law babies.

pwede na rin mag-beer!!!!

if you want a "quick and dirty" lesson, i guess magaling, 16track and i could offer you one.

next time we play, kasama ka na namin.

see you tuesday, pare!