Marcos earned the Medal of Valor for extraordinary gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty in a suicidal action against overwhelming enemy forces at the junction of Salian River and Abo-Abo River, Bataan, on or about 22 January 1942. This highest Philippine military award came only in October 1958.

• Like (+1) 1

Marcos earned the Medal of Valor for extraordinary gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty in a suicidal action against overwhelming enemy forces at the junction of Salian River and Abo-Abo River, Bataan, on or about 22 January 1942. This highest Philippine military award came only in October 1958.

Thanks for the clarification. He got this when he was still a congressman and not as commander-in-chief as earlier stated.

The Office of the Solicitor General would disagree with you both, mga parekoys.

"The OSG said the Medal of Valor award was given to Marcos in October 1968 (when he was already President) for preventing the decimation of withdrawing troops amid the looming fall of Bataan during World War II."

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/808656/solgen-burial-at-libingan-doesnt-make-marcos-a-hero#ixzz4J152uw9N

My earlier googling pegged the dates at either 1958 or 1974 but I was surprised to learn of the 1968 declaration of the OSG earlier this week. Might be an error on the part of the OSG or the Inquirer, in any case, mas katawa tawa kasi kung 1968 hehe. Yaan, niyo, tanungin ko si Macoy pagluwas niya ng Maynila.

It's not that I don't trust your word. I just don't trust your source. Anyway, pards, you are the only anti-Marcos poster who I can have a decent debate with. Yung iba kasi kung saan-saan napupunta ang usapan. Either strawman argument yung pinopost or totally off topic. ;)

Spread the love, brother. Spread the love.

• 2 weeks later...

History Revisionists. Now they have a term for it na.

Ive been suspecting such underhanded tactics for a while now, and even hinted at it in one of my posts. Eto, nabubuking na. Nasabon sila at natameme sila. So they scramble to revise the article.

Ang dali if you are on the side of truth. Wala nang, prove it, prove it yan! That Marcos is a deposed plunderer et al is history and fact. Even the Marcos family is not arguing that. They are asking for forgiveness, right?

Easy to see which side is desperate in spreading the myths.

Official Gazette? More like Official Bullsh-t.

History Revisionists. Now they have a term for it na.

Ive been suspecting such underhanded tactics for a while now, and even hinted at it in one of my posts. Eto, nabubuking na. Nasabon sila at natameme sila. So they scramble to revise the article.

Ang dali if you are on the side of truth. Wala nang, prove it, prove it yan! That Marcos is a deposed plunderer et al is history and fact. Even the Marcos family is not arguing that. They are asking for forgiveness, right?

Easy to see which side is desperate in spreading the myths.

Official Gazette? More like Official Bullsh-t.

the USec apologized on his personal capacity rather than for the office he is representing for this "blunder" ... won't be surprise if this is a move to shield someone who claims to be a close friend of the losing VP candidate and his family.

• 1 month later...

Marcos did a lot of development for the country, just like a good president will do. It is their sworn duty.

but the ill gotten wealth were already proven, and not yet fully recovered. there are thousands of Martial Law victims which is also a fact. Media suppression is also a fact. Those things are not supposed to happen during the term of a good president.

Paki define nga ang salitang HERO...para sa akin ito yung sumasagip sa mga inaapi at naghihirap

Fact: hindi na uso ang secret marriage dahil mas trending na ang secret burial.

Myth: low budget lang ang marcoses sa burial ni fm kaya secret na lang para konti lang makapunta.

Fact: magaling sa mga diskarte at galawang patago ang mga marcoses.

Myth: si imee, bongbong at imelda ang gaganap sa 3rd sequel ng pelikulang "Now You See Me" at ito ay papamagatang "Now You See Me, Now You Don't...Harhar"

Amf na yan oh. Bwiseeeeet...hehehehe....

Edited by deathscythe0402

Marcos years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data

The notion of a “golden age” of the Philippine economy under the Marcos regime, especially during its latter years, is a big, fat lie especially when pitted against the data during that time. It’s quite amazing (and disturbing) that a single man with absolute power could bring down an entire economy to a lower growth trajectory and set back the march of the country’s economic development by decades.

National Scientist Raul V. Fabella once said, “The annals of underdevelopment are filled with chapters on failures due to wasted opportunities”.

Marcos years marked 'golden age' of PH economy? Look at the data

The notion of a “golden age” of the Philippine economy under the Marcos regime, especially during its latter years, is a big, fat lie especially when pitted against the data during that time. It’s quite amazing (and disturbing) that a single man with absolute power could bring down an entire economy to a lower growth trajectory and set back the march of the country’s economic development by decades.

National Scientist Raul V. Fabella once said, “The annals of underdevelopment are filled with chapters on failures due to wasted opportunities”.

forgot to include the link:

http://www.rappler.com/views/imho/124682-marcos-economy-golden-age-philippines

What fact are you talking about? The fact is that Marcos has never been convicted of anything. Yes, it matters where it went. I asked you that a couple of months back, puro articles yung sagot mo sa akin but I quoted an excerpt from an article that you showed. Magbackread ka.

To ask where it went is futile. The recovered amounts go to the National Treasury where it is pooled with all other government funds, which is thereafter appropriated by Congress through the General Appropriations Act. To ask where it went is like asking what project specifically did my income tax fund.

The more relevant question is from who and how the amounts were recovered. Conviction is a legal term specifically reserved for criminal cases. The term is not used in civil cases. For example, a civil case for damages is filed against me and the court found for the plaintiff. The court essentially ruled that I in fact caused the damage but I am not "convicted" of anything. The same applies to administrative cases. Conviction in a criminal case is not the sole manner by which the court determines whether a person did or did not do what others say he/she did or did not do.

Anyway, di ba pag-uusapan dito yung myths and speculations on the size of the Marcos coffin? Even before there were speculations that the corpse displayed in Ilocos is just a replica and that FM had already been buried elsewhere long before. Then comes the secret burial, it was reported that while the secret burial was taking place, the supposed corpse in Ilocos was still there. Later on a representative of the Marcos family explained that the "corpse" in Ilocos was just a wax replica to serve as a decoy for purposes of the secret burial. Now, the observation is that the coffin appears to be too small to hold the preserved body of a grown man. If indeed the coffin holds the remains of FM, then the speculations that the preserved "corpse" in Ilocos was just a replica all along and all that could fit in the coffin are the bones of an already buried Marcos. Another theory is that the coffin does not contain the remains of FM at all and that it is just a symbolic gesture of his burial in the LNMB. So the new fact or myth question is whether FM is really buried in the LMNB.

Why does it matter where it went? Will it change the fact that it was stolen by Marcos?

It does matter. Malamang ninakaw din o na divert sa campaign funds ng mga Aquinos.

Much of the so-called ill-gotten wealth were sequestered from businessmen and political personalities associated with Marcos.

Up to now there's no proof that they are indeed Marcos's ill-gotten wealth.

What you say as PhP170 Billion "recovered" (read:sequestered) wealth were based on assessed value at the time they were sequestered and were probably overstated for publicity. Since it's not proven who the real owners were, these sequestered properties just sit where they are now, rotting away.

(excerpt from Wikipedia) -- Enrique Zobel, founder of Makati Business Club and former chairman and president of Ayala Corporation, in his sworn statement, alleged that PCGG officials wanted a cut of any recovered wealth

http://news.abs-cbn.com/nation/01/05/09/corruption-power-struggle-mar-pcgg-work-2008

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/405885/pcgg-execs-employees-have-p67-m-unliquidated-cash-advances

It does matter. Malamang ninakaw din o na divert sa campaign funds ng mga Aquinos.

Even if those funds were diverted to the Aquinos, how does that absolve Marcos?

Much of the so-called ill-gotten wealth were sequestered from businessmen and political personalities associated with Marcos.

Up to now there's no proof that they are indeed Marcos's ill-gotten wealth.

What you say as PhP170 Billion "recovered" (read:sequestered) wealth were based on assessed value at the time they were sequestered and were probably overstated for publicity. Since it's not proven who the real owners were, these sequestered properties just sit where they are now, rotting away.

So why then are the Marcoses fighting tooth and nail on cases against them to keep these assets? Ano pakialam nila jan kung hindi naman pala kanila yun?

(excerpt from Wikipedia) -- Enrique Zobel, founder of Makati Business Club and former chairman and president of Ayala Corporation, in his sworn statement, alleged that PCGG officials wanted a cut of any recovered wealth

http://news.abs-cbn.com/nation/01/05/09/corruption-power-struggle-mar-pcgg-work-2008

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/405885/pcgg-execs-employees-have-p67-m-unliquidated-cash-advances

Again these are irrelevant because it does not disprove plunder by Marcos.

...And over P170 Billion of ill gotten wealth recovered to date is only a figment of our government's imagination.

wow... recovered? that's good.

...And over P170 Billion of ill gotten wealth recovered to date is only a figment of our government's imagination.

who recovered it should be in questioned now... Maybe the previous administrations should be questioned.. not the Marcoses