What is preplexing is, a lot of international books that say Marcos was a theif are authored by americans, which were based here. But america saved marcos, they were the one who evacuated marcos. Everytime marcos would asko for us support, us would always blink.

During the time of marcos, the whole world is being taken over by communist. (Vietnam war, korean war, russia, china). It has been proven that communist in the Phils, was being funded by China, Marcos did just what he was supposed to. He cut off and put the pressure on the communist, that is why I think although they would say Marcos did bad, he did it for the good of the Phils.

I have been to Bangladesh several times to work on a Power Plant Project.

It was during the time when anti-Marcos propaganda was harping that the Philippines is only comparable to Bangladesh.

I like Bangladesh, its culture and quiet simplicity in the city and countryside. I like the kindness and hospitality of Bangladeshis. But Bangladesh is nowhere near the status of Philippines in terms of infrastructure, technological development, urban development, etc...

If you compare their capital, Dhaka to Metro Manila, it's like comparing one of our small provincial city to Makati City.

Only a person who hasn't travelled outside his own hometown would ever believe the Philippines has deteriorated so low to the level of Bangladesh.

Don't believe the yellow media and propagandists.

Edited by camiar

So if Google said that Marcos is faster than a speeding bullet and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, you'd believe it? :lol:

If google alone says it,i wont believe it. But if google and The Guiness Book of World Records says it, then there must be at least some truth to that.

Im not a Marcos devotee nor a Marcos hater, im just stating facts.

Edited by bigbert23

Google is a search engine and it brings up the top read or top searched/opened links, so if you read all the googled articles, not all of it are against marcos. That is if you did READ ALL. As far as guiness book of records it is as per record indeed but that is all it is. If it was recorded then it will be written there. But how it came to be they do not care how. If guiness said the fastest beer drinker can drink 10 bottles in a minute would you believe that of ALL the people in the world he is the fastest? He is the fastest on record, but to say that he is the fastest period, I dont think guiness is that credible. Back to marcos and guiness, about being the theif, well it was on record that he stole, because who gave the record? It was the next adminustration that gave the record of what happened. Are you familiar with the saying that history is written by the victors.

Just saying.

I try not to be a loyalist of a certain person. If he is doing good for the country, thats ok. i try to support him. Yung mga loyalista kasi ng certain person, yun yung mga handang makipagpatayan maipagtanggol lang yun kanilang idolo. May masabi ka lang na di nila magustuhan patunkol sa idolo nila, dedebatehin ka agad. To the point na para na silang deboto. Its better to be objective and think whats good for a country instead. If an opinion differs from another, its because diversity is part of our freedom. May freedom ba nung Martial Law? Just kidding.

Kapag loyalist ka naman ang ibig sabihin lang nun e you believe in what the person stood for and fought for, kaya nga madalas kaakibat nito e explination kung bakit kami bilib kay marcos.

Sabi ni salonga ata yun o si osmena, they EDSA people failed to educate the younger filipino. Hindi yun ang kakulangan nila. They failed to do better than Marcos.

I think this is the main reason why Duterte is leading, its because people are longing for the next Marcos, a strong man who is willing to lead through discipline. A person who will actually lead the people. Hindi ung kung ano lang ang gusto ng tao un nlng. E cyempre iba iba ang gusto ng tao kaya puro tyo kaguluhan.

Example. C erap was ousted through edsa 2, tumakbo ulit bilang presidente e nag number 2 pa. Kung hindi namatay c cory at tumakbo si noynoy e malamang presidente ulit c erap. So what we need now is someone who will be firm in what he believes in. Kaya buhay na buhay c Marcos at hindi mamatay matay ang debate na ito. Kasi EDSA people failed miserably to prove that Marcos was a bad president through actual public service.

Kaya nga sabi ko, ung maka duterte na ayaw kay marcos dahil sa "human rights" violations niya, e you better look again kasi duterte will be going in exactly that path. Freedom is good but too much freedom is bad. Lalo na kpg ang epitome mo ng freedom ay ang press. Press na owned by oligarchs. Media men that are paid hundreds of thousands by their oligarch bosses. Maniwala ako kung ang sweldo ng journalist natin ay minimum wage, pero kung ang bayad sa kanila ay hundreds of thousands, I see them only as glorified actors or actressea or story tellers, not an objective journalist.

• Like (+1) 1

Yan naman parati ang sinasabi. 20 years, but after 5 presidents and 30 years, what changed really? (Iikot nanaman to). Kung kulang pala ang 6 years para tapatan ang ginawa ni Marcos e dapat pala may charter change. Charter change which was initially proposed by Marcos, but because it was Marcos' idea e walang gustong gumalaw. Yun lang un kung ang problema ng length of service ng pangulo e d ibigay.wala lang maglakas ng loob kasi nga too much freedom. Wala lang dn gustong magsimula kasi gusto nila kapag tumatakbo sila kapag natalo biglang ayaw na pala nila. Gusto nila pag in power ang manok nila, pero pag kalaban ang in power pag aabutin ang langit at lupa para hindi matuloy ang charter change.

Edited by Kingkongphils

Dude, lets not focus or blame the succeeding presidents. Marcos was in power for 20 years. Thats 2 decades. He was topple out of power by a peaceful revolution. Walang kinalaman kung mahusay o palpak yung mga sumunod na naupo. The issue is about him. Im from Ilocos and my family is a Marcos supporter. Pero one thing i learned,hindi ako pwede maging deboto. Yung people power, kaya nangyari yan may dahilan yan. Kung 20yrs na sya sa pwesto at sapilitan na syang pinaalis may dahilan din yan. Kung sya ang greatest thief in human history according to Guiness Book of World Records, may dahilan din yan. Hindi ako pepwedeng magalit o awayin ko mga tao dahil may nakikita silang dahilan kung bakit inalis si Marcos sa pwesto pagkaraan ng 20 years nyang naupo.

I dont get it. First your issue was to a loyalist to one perso to which I said kaya loyalist kasi we believe in what he stood for and fought for. To which I explained why kasi nga ung sumunod e walang kwenta, kaya ang baseline ko e sa Marcos and what he did, I explained further how his presecessor failed. And the you say 20 years in service to which I said Marcos already knew that there is a problem with limited years of service but since it was his idea that may solve this e walang gustong gumalaw.

I am not trying to convince you to like marcos, its just seems that from your posts you tend to say that you are very objective and impartial but the essence of your post is sarcastically against Marcos.there are always two sides kung ayaw mong magalit sa mga taong ayaw kay marcos, e dapat wag ka din magalit sa mga taong gusto kay marcos. E kung ayaw mong magalit sa taong galit kay marcos pero galit ka sa mga "loyalista" e talagang matatawag ka na "yellowtard". Everything happens for a reason talaga. He was toppled yes, but what I believe e he may have stayed too long but he did what he thought was best for the Philippines. (Take note of the Philippines and not the filipno: take it from the saying ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country). So how is it that you dont have a quarel with people who wants Marcos out but you have a quarel with those who wants Marcos?

Sound Bites
"The bottom line: Marcos left such an economic hole that it took the country another 14 years (since 1986) before we could regain the real per capita income levels we were enjoying, such as they were, before the Philippine collapse in 1983. That was, unarguably, the Marcos Legacy. And arguably he left us also a culture of impunity and world-class corruption that is even more difficult to erase. To top it all, the Marcos who wants to be vice president is unapologetic about martial law."
~Prof. Solita Monsod

Solita Monsod has always been anti-Marcos. I would take her words with not only a grain but a pound of salt.

There is a post about this on the Aquino-Cojuangco thread.

Not only is she an anti marcos, she is an aquino lap dog. I cant forget how she used her news segment to bash villar and defend aquino regarding villars c5 scam and aquino-cojuangco hacienda luisita scam...

Simple lang yan.

Fact #1 - $ reserve at the end of the Marcos dictatorship was < a billion.

Fact #2 - Comparison of GDP & Per Capita (both PPP & nominal) before, during and after the Marcos dictatorship. Not to mention other economic factors such as debt, FX, etc.

Fact #3 - As an 8 year old kid, I saw the police summarily killing a person in our neighborhood.

Sino-sino ang nakinabang? Ano ang napala ng majority? Its true that there are still a lot of Filipinos living in poverty but the reality is mas naghirap ang buhay natin under Marcos.

• 2 weeks later...

What made you say that our life was harder under Marcos?

Compare the economic situations before edsa 1 and before edsa 2.

EDIT: And also compare the economic situation before edsa 3 with the two edsa's preceeding it

Edited by NooB

Actually si Gringo Honasan mismo ang nag sabi na maganda naman ang martial law, sabi nya san mo makikita na ang pilipino e maayos na pumipila.

If you read books about marcos you would see na during his time marami cyang nabangang businessmen and international businesses then. Admitedly since he would change some rules in the middle of the game. However, these rule changes would benifit more filipinos. Ung meralco takeover lang, e at first thought e akala mo hindi fair but if you would look at it closely, e mad maganda sa isang country na ang utilities e run by the state. Kita mo nung nabenta ang petron sa private, walang ng control ang governmwnt sa oil price.

My point here is, these are the power of people with money. If the freeze their accounts, wala na ang economy and it will yield temporary recession. IMF froze their lending to the Phils, and the moment Marcos stepped down opened again, so what does that mean? Kaya nga these stats may mean poor but the filipino life says the opposite thing. I think and I believe Marcos was just a victim of economic sabotage, which would not have happened if he was not ailing. Kaya nga akala mo mahirap ang filipino noon but really pag mag tanong ka sa bahay bahay e okey ang buhay nila, mas okey kesa ngyn. These figures doea not really reflect the life of filipinos back then. Lalo na ang agriculture, which was one of the pride and joy of the marcis era.

^^ san ka nakakita na "bagsak" ang economy tapos after 1 year sa pag stepdown ni Marcos angat agad ang stats ng economy? San ka nakakita ng ganun? For the sake of arguement marcos took 20 years to put down economy tapos pag pwesto ni cory angat agad ng mataas??? Tpos ngyn na hindi maka usad sisishin pa dn si Marcos na madami kasing utang. The way I see it, dinoctor lng nila ang stats para sabihing napakasama ng econony ng pinas nung marcos regime at dinictor ulit nila for improvement para patotohanan. E hindi pala ganun kadali, KAYA... what we have know are misleading economic stats. Proof... one president will always say na nag improve ang economy kesa nung previous administartion pero ang buhay, ganun pa dn. Mahirap pa dn. Proof again. When PNoy became president he said malayo na raw ang narating, he compared how far the economy has grown since the GMA admin... ngyn na visually at ang kahirapan ay damang dama pa dn.. unemployment, gap ng mahirap sa mayaman. Lack of education, he sings the tune na napakaraming utang kasi na iniwan ng marcos regime... now tell me how are these economic stats reliable? Simple lang naman ang measure dyn ang employment rate, education, at foreign investors lang ang tignan mo para malaman kung umuunlad tyo. E kung ung bigas lang at asukal na DAPAT tyo ang nangunuguna e nag iimport pa tyo tapos sasabihin mo na unuunlad ang pilipinas e dapat questionable na un.