O ano nangyari sa rally matapos mailibing na sa wakas si Marcos?

Akala ko ba people power 4 na? Akala ko ba me pahunger strike, hungerstrike pa! Tutal naman sabi ni PDUTs kahit pa wala permit magrally sila hangang gusto nila.

Ang daming mga bulaklaking prinsipyong kelangan ipaglaban na kaeekekan. Nagkantahan pa mga gago ng handog ng pilipino sa mundo. Me kung ano anong hugot pa.

O ano na pagkatapos? Sang mga pinaglaban nila? Ano napakinabangan sa mga prinsipyong pururut na yan? Bwahahahaha.

Wala na? pagod na? move on na?! Tapos na selfie selfie, sawa na pagusapan kademonyohan ng mga Marcos? Bwahahahaahahahaha!

Akala ko ba desidido mga ito ipaglaban mga prinsipyo nilang pururut.

Mukhang tama nga! Ngayong tapos na libing, at napagod na kakarally mga ito, eh di wala ng ibang pwede gawin kundi move on na.

Sa susunod kasi, dapat gawin nila, magbuhos ng gasolina sa sarili nila, tapos sabay hawak ng posporo. Takutin nila si presidente na sisilyaban nila sarili nila pag di sumunod sa gusto nila. Di gumana hunger strike eh.

sana pangunahan nila penoy, mar at de lima, isama na din si dinky soliman :) ang pagbuhos ng gasolina sa sarili nila at sindihan.

Edited by niceNslow.2
  • 3 weeks later...

SC affirms forfeiture of Imelda Marcos' 3rd jewelry set

http://www.rappler.com/nation/161338-supreme-court-forfeiture-imelda-marcos-jewelry-malacanang-collection?utm_content=buffer230f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court (SC) affirmed an earlier court ruling ordering the forfeiture of a jewelry collection worth as much as $153,089, which belonged to former First Lady Imelda Marcos.

The SC First Division denied the petition for certiorari filed by Marcos and her daughter Irene Marcos-Araneta which sought the reversal of the Sandiganbayan's January 2014 decision declaring the jewelry collection as ill-gotten wealth.

Known as the Malacañang Collection, the jewelry set is the latest of Marcos' 3 collections which were disputed in court and have been stored in a bank vault for decades. The other two collections had already been forfeited in favor of the government.

The collection is worth $110,055 to $153,089, according to the Sandiganbayan. Compared to the other two collections, the Malacañang Collection is made up of smaller, less expensive jewelry that the Marcoses left behind when they fled the country in 1986.

In the decision penned by Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, the SC said the former First Lady and her daughter "failed to satisfactorily show that the properties were lawfully acquired; hence, the prima facie presumption that they were unlawfully acquired prevails."

The court noted that the Marcoses' legitimate income from 1966 to 1986, during which the jewelry were supposedly acquired, only reached $304,372.43.

"We reiterate what we have already stated initially in Republic v. Sandiganbayan, and subsequently in Marcos v. Republic: that 'whenever any public officer or employee has acquired during his incumbency an amount of property which is manifestly out of proportion to his salary as such public officer or employee and to his other lawful income and the income from legitimately acquired property, said property shall be presumed prima facie to have been unlawfully acquired," the SC said.

The SC also found no merit in the Marcoses' arguments that they were deprived of due process, saying "the allegations are utterly baseless."

The Marcoses' jewelry collections, worth at least $8 million, are kept in the vaults of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. The government plans to ultimately auction them off.

In a separate case, the former First Lady on Thursday, February 16, will face her last day on trial over graft charges which stemmed from complaints that she maintained private financial interests in Switzerland from 1978 to 1984 while she was governor of Metro Manila

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • 10 months later...

It is very hard to gather verified information /documents regarding the late President Marcos, Anti-Marcos groups and the Liberal Party either hid/destroyed/twisted and denied some of the facts on what really happened during those years

(heck, even my foreign History book was painting the Late President Marcos as Hitler of Asia (written by a Filipino contributor))..

During my vacation in PH last 2006, I interviewed most of our Barangay's Elders that lived from the later years of Japanese occupation and Marco's Era for my Class' History Presentation back abroad. According to some of them (8 to be exact including my grandparents on both of my Parent's side of families), they were present during EDSA people power, however they didn't knew that it was a rally for the President to step down. "Ang sabi sa amin ay para sa dagdag sweldo ng mga guro yung pupuntahan namin" - Lola Paring.

However, one Elder said that abuses from the Police and Military were really happening but in isolated areas / cases only. "Sa kabilang baryo may inarestong babae noon na hindi na nakabalik sa pamilya nya hanggang sa ikinamatay na ng mga magulang nya, kaya hindi na kami lumalabas pasado 7 ng gabi. Pero doon sa baryo ng kapatid ko, wala naman silang ganoong kinatatakutan, mababait naman daw ang mga sundalo sa kanila." - Lola Aida. After that interview, I came into a realization that those abuses done by men in uniform were isolated cases only and not a direct order from the President, opposite on what our book informed us.

I was trying to collect Reports / papers / anything that will link to the story of Lola Aida but to no avail.

In the end, I presented my research during our class, and at that time me and my very beautiful English instructor had a very long argument.

I only got a grade of C after all that effort. Oh well, at least Pasado parin ako.

• Like (+1) 1

It is very hard to gather verified information /documents regarding the late President Marcos, Anti-Marcos groups and the Liberal Party either hid/destroyed/twisted and denied some of the facts on what really happened during those years

(heck, even my foreign History book was painting the Late President Marcos as Hitler of Asia (written by a Filipino contributor))..

Excactly what facts where hidden/destroyed/twisted by the anti-Marcos and Liberal Party? Please enlighten us on the missing details. ...And please back it up with credible sources.

You said that "It is very hard to gather verified information / documents regarding the late President Marcos" I think you need to brush up on your research skills because contrary to what you say, there are numerous information/documents out there regarding the late President Marcos both locally and internationally. I think maybe you're just choosing to dismiss news and articles that you don't find pleasing.

Excactly what facts where hidden/destroyed/twisted by the anti-Marcos and Liberal Party? Please enlighten us on the missing details. ...And please back it up with credible sources.

You said that "It is very hard to gather verified information / documents regarding the late President Marcos" I think you need to brush up on your research skills because contrary to what you say, there are numerous information/documents out there regarding the late President Marcos both locally and internationally. I think maybe you're just choosing to dismiss news and articles that you don't find pleasing.

which is probably why he got a C for his “research work”...

o baka naman sabihin dilawan kasi yun teacher?

I still give credence to the guy who gathered primary data. Is that all you can say? That he needs to brush up on his research skills? Another warped ad hominem since you can't controvert what the guy said. Gathering primary data is more credible than research because you get it straight from sources who have first-hand knowledge.

You give credence to anyone who shares your warped sense of history.

You don't believe history books and news articles (dismissing it as yellow controlled) and you would rather believe some unknown guy on the internet claiming to have interviewed some unknown woman who says that she went to people power not knowing what it was about. And because of this one person's experience, you will immediately conclude that EDSA1 was all a sham. And that all international and local media were duped into believing this "yellow scam". And that even decades later, all the international and local courts who prosecuted and are prosecuting the Marcoses are still clueless about this farce. And only the Marcos loyalist, in this era of fake news rampant throughout the internet, are the only ones smart enough to realize the "real truth".

natatawa ako sa mga nag focus lang sa achievements. sure, FM did contribute a lot during his time, but he gained more in the process. kumbaga mas malaki sana ang positive contribution if he and his family and friends were clean.

we must evaluate both the good and the bad. then determine the net effect if it's positive or negative. kulang na lang sambahin ng iba si marcos, which i find funny and sad at the same time.

History books which can be twisted to the author's liking? To quote the great British statesman, Winston Churchill: History is written by the victors. Regarding Edsa 1, I consider it one of the biggest jokes in Philippine history so go ahead and delude yourself that it was a fight for freedom.

The fact of the matter is not one of the Marcoses is in the slammer or was ever in the slammer. Live with that incontrovertible fact.

Fact 1: Marcos died while awaiting trial.

Fact 2: You cannot prosecute a dead person.

History books which can be twisted to the author's liking? To quote the great British statesman, Winston Churchill: History is written by the victors. Regarding Edsa 1, I consider it one of the biggest jokes in Philippine history so go ahead and delude yourself that it was a fight for freedom.

The fact of the matter is not one of the Marcoses is in the slammer or was ever in the slammer. Live with that incontrovertible fact.

Fact 1: Marcos died while awaiting trial.

Fact 2: You cannot prosecute a dead person.

Funny thing is most of us were made to believe what those Elementary History Books have in them, not pro marcos here but that guy must be very good that no amount of brainwashing could could overcome his accomplishments.

Martial law victims exist, but by god even those who are caught for jay-walking are crying as if they where tortured.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny thing is most of us were made to believe what those Elementary History Books have in them, not pro marcos here but that guy must be very good that no amount of brainwashing could could overcome his accomplishments.

Martial law victims exist, but by god even those who are caught for jay-walking are crying as if they where tortured.

While it is true the guy had many accomplishments, those accomplishments, however, came with high costs. Kickbacks, malversation of public funds, plunder, etc. Our national debt grew to staggering amounts to which up to this day we are paying for with our high taxes.

Jay-walkers crying as if they were tortured??? Really now. Imbento AMF! Thousands were abused during that time and you marginalizing them with your idiotic comments.

Again, how sure are you that he would have been convicted had he lived?

By the way, there are 900 hundred cases filed against the Marcoses. Why hasn't one of those cases even sent any of the Marcoses to jail? I don't expect an intelligent counter post to this because this is an incontrovertible fact.

30 years, 2 Aquino presidents, 0 convictions. Live with that.

You cant put a dead man in jail.

You cant put his wife in jail for crimes her husband committed.

You cant put his children in jail for crimes their father committed.

We can, however, go after the stolen assets this corrupt family possesses.

To this date, $4 billion US dollars of ill gotten wealth have already been recovered by our government from the Marcos estate. That is a fact! But you, JC, already know that. You just like going on and on with your deceitful statements and half truths.

What fact? Has it really been recovered? Are you privy to the recovery or are you just believing whatever the news feeds you?

Yes, it has really been recovered. Its been all over the news and yes I believe the news. I take it you don't. Which goes back to my previous comment about you - "You only give credence to articles that share your point of view."

fact 1 - Ferdinand marcos topped the bar exams twice. -that means he's that smart.

fact 2- there were a lot of human rights abuses during his time, during martial law. -due to the high standards during that time, where law and order is paramount. where one murder is magnified and makes a country in outrage, things went south. martial law and mass arrests and abuses were done to quell the anti government people. (its not really new. happens also today. just that nobody gives a s@%t nowadays) when someone dies, its just part of daily news nowadays... and I think no one can control it. being strict is part of governance, but not everyone understands or appreciates it. ask singaporeans about it, they will appreciate and understand. that's the reason why their country is secured and peaceful due to strict laws and enforcement. while in our country, lopsided rules, lousy police, stupid magistrates makes the law inferior and weak. making people escape a lot of crimes, petty or grave. sayAng lang. we need a strongman. someone who will enforce the law. 100% that's the way, that's the standard this country should hold.

fact 3 - riches- this one is subjective. someone get a hold on the marcos documents. even before the presidency, the marcos clan is rich, during ferdinands time, he got rich via investments in gold mines. again its subjective. not unless we have documents here. his riches are not in peso nor from the government for it is gold bars in this house in ilocos and gold bars deposited in UBS. his gold is more than the treasury. that's what allegedly was shown during the trial in the US. a bank document stating mr marcos total balance before the presidency. its in gold bullions. actually just the interest of those gold is enough to fund the governments yearly budget. just the interest alone. no need to get even one percent. just the interest... the government should aim to get those interests. by God its annual interests.

fact 4 - assassination - there was a book published by the vice president doy laurel regarding mr marcos dying words to him, a partisan opposition, he did not admit to the assassination. he said he was willing to give 90% of his possessions, but was denied by the president cory aquino. quite shady...

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1036706

an article from the manila standard written by the vice president Salvador laurel.

http://manilastandard.net/opinion/columns/back-channel-by-alejandro-del-rosario/140961/doy-laurel-s-letter-to-cory-aquino.html

for arguments sake, I think the marcoses are too rich to delve in politics. the intentions and motives are not there to begin with. they contributed a lot. fortitude and strength in governance. in return now they are the worst people in our country. I cant see the reason why they should suffer. for human rights abuses, provided. cronies? they should be tried one by one. they have their own motives. the strongman did try to merge the nation. honestly.

now decades after. as we look back. we did not progress as much... dirty politics. mass protests. dirty streets. unemployment etc. our people still are suffering. there was really no progress, regress is more of a better term. we are now lawless.

in my 5 cent opinion, the democracy that we enjoy today is paid dearly by everyone for the few. who benefited from this democracy? we are free... to throw garbage everywhere. we are free... to s@%t everywhere. we are never free... for there are laws. but we became free to s@%t on those laws. we have become a lawless society. nobody is in control now... our dear mr duterte is trying hard, to a strong opposition is draining him dry.

in my humble opinion. my own view, my own reservations, I do think Ferdinand marcos is still far better than cory Aquino or any president that came after him. its all about money after the marcoses. each and every president after him. the stench can be seen, smelled, tasted everywhere.

the Filipino people deserves better. I do not believe that the Filipino is poor. its the improper governance of the wealth of this nation. its distribution and how it is being used. (ever saw the same road being destroyed and rebuilt over and over, year after year?) where there should be a warranty period for that thing right? its designed for 50 years, and should last a minimum of 25. then why does the government ask the contractor to rectify? because of kickbacks. its not even a secret. but no action. this is our democracy. everybody is free. to k*ll, to steal and to plunder. this democracy is very expensive to all of us. that's why during the marcos era, they fear only one man. now everyone can be bribed. what a democracy... for me, democracy has been tainted. we are not in a real democratic country. its a country controlled by money taken from you and me and being used against you and me.

really sad. the late dictator was right. we have fallen deep deep down. mas mayaman na ang korea, israel, Vietnam and Singapore sa atin, samantala noon, tayo ang tumutulong sa kanila. sayAng tayo. sayAng ang Pilipino.

fact 1 - Ferdinand marcos topped the bar exams twice. -that means he's that smart.

I will not disagree with you there.

fact 2- there were a lot of human rights abuses during his time, during martial law. -due to the high standards during that time, where law and order is paramount. where one murder is magnified and makes a country in outrage, things went south. martial law and mass arrests and abuses were done to quell the anti government people. (its not really new. happens also today. just that nobody gives a s@%t nowadays) when someone dies, its just part of daily news nowadays... and I think no one can control it. being strict is part of governance, but not everyone understands or appreciates it. ask singaporeans about it, they will appreciate and understand. that's the reason why their country is secured and peaceful due to strict laws and enforcement. while in our country, lopsided rules, lousy police, stupid magistrates makes the law inferior and weak. making people escape a lot of crimes, petty or grave. sayAng lang. we need a strongman. someone who will enforce the law. 100% that's the way, that's the standard this country should hold.

I dont understand what you are saying here. You seem to agree that there were abuses, but you justify them as part of enforcing the law. There is no room for abuse in governance.

fact 3 - riches- this one is subjective. someone get a hold on the marcos documents. even before the presidency, the marcos clan is rich, during ferdinands time, he got rich via investments in gold mines. again its subjective. not unless we have documents here. his riches are not in peso nor from the government for it is gold bars in this house in ilocos and gold bars deposited in UBS. his gold is more than the treasury. that's what allegedly was shown during the trial in the US. a bank document stating mr marcos total balance before the presidency. its in gold bullions. actually just the interest of those gold is enough to fund the governments yearly budget. just the interest alone. no need to get even one percent. just the interest... the government should aim to get those interests. by God its annual interests.

This is NOT fact. This is fiction. Marcos and his gold bars are just part of the fake news spread throughout the internet to deceive people into thinking that his wealth was earned and not stolen.. and you nuthuggers buy it hook, line and sinker.

fact 4 - assassination - there was a book published by the vice president doy laurel regarding mr marcos dying words to him, a partisan opposition, he did not admit to the assassination. he said he was willing to give 90% of his possessions, but was denied by the president cory aquino. quite shady...

Talk is cheap. If he wanted to give 90% of his possessions, he does not need cory aquinos permission. He can just give it.

And how much excactly is that 90%? Baka mamaya sabihin niya "ito yung kinita ko as president (more or less $13,500/yr), you can have 90% of it. Tapos hindi pala kasama dun yung $10 billion na tagong yaman niya.

Even Imelda has been quoted as saying she wants to give their riches to the Philippines, but yet they keep fighting in court to prevent the government from sequestering the stolen assets.

Please lang wag shushunga-shunga. Wag magpabola.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1036706

an article from the manila standard written by the vice president Salvador laurel.

http://manilastandard.net/opinion/columns/back-channel-by-alejandro-del-rosario/140961/doy-laurel-s-letter-to-cory-aquino.html

for arguments sake, I think the marcoses are too rich to delve in politics. the intentions and motives are not there to begin with. they contributed a lot. fortitude and strength in governance. in return now they are the worst people in our country. I cant see the reason why they should suffer. for human rights abuses, provided. cronies? they should be tried one by one. they have their own motives. the strongman did try to merge the nation. honestly.

now decades after. as we look back. we did not progress as much... dirty politics. mass protests. dirty streets. unemployment etc. our people still are suffering. there was really no progress, regress is more of a better term. we are now lawless.

in my 5 cent opinion, the democracy that we enjoy today is paid dearly by everyone for the few. who benefited from this democracy? we are free... to throw garbage everywhere. we are free... to s@%t everywhere. we are never free... for there are laws. but we became free to s@%t on those laws. we have become a lawless society. nobody is in control now... our dear mr duterte is trying hard, to a strong opposition is draining him dry.

in my humble opinion. my own view, my own reservations, I do think Ferdinand marcos is still far better than cory Aquino or any president that came after him. its all about money after the marcoses. each and every president after him. the stench can be seen, smelled, tasted everywhere.

the Filipino people deserves better. I do not believe that the Filipino is poor. its the improper governance of the wealth of this nation. its distribution and how it is being used. (ever saw the same road being destroyed and rebuilt over and over, year after year?) where there should be a warranty period for that thing right? its designed for 50 years, and should last a minimum of 25. then why does the government ask the contractor to rectify? because of kickbacks. its not even a secret. but no action. this is our democracy. everybody is free. to k*ll, to steal and to plunder. this democracy is very expensive to all of us. that's why during the marcos era, they fear only one man. now everyone can be bribed. what a democracy... for me, democracy has been tainted. we are not in a real democratic country. its a country controlled by money taken from you and me and being used against you and me.

really sad. the late dictator was right. we have fallen deep deep down. mas mayaman na ang korea, israel, Vietnam and Singapore sa atin, samantala noon, tayo ang tumutulong sa kanila. sayAng tayo. sayAng ang Pilipino.

Edited by juan t

This is NOT fact. This is fiction. Marcos and his gold bars are just part of the fake news spread throughout the internet to deceive people into thinking that his wealth was earned and not stolen.. and you nuthuggers buy it hook, line and sinker.

It may be fiction to you. But I personally believe that Marcos really have gold bars and bullion in UBS.

I have a friend whose father was a Philippine Air Force pilot. We were "Army brats" - children of military officers living in a military reservation.

She nonchalantly confided to me at one time that her father used to fly to Switzerland monthly in a private Lear jet to bring Marcos's gold to be deposited in Swiss banks.

This information is hearsay, but I can assure you it's not fake news.

Edited by camiar

It may be fiction to you. But I personally believe that Marcos really have gold bars and bullion in UBS.

I have a friend whose father was a Philippine Air Force pilot. We were "Army brats" - children of military officers living in a military reservation.

She nonchalantly confided to me at one time that her father used to fly to Switzerland monthly in a private Lear jet to bring Marcos's gold to be deposited in Swiss banks.

This information is hearsay, but I can assure you it's not fake news.

That story may be true but the question is, where did that gold come from? If it was acquired legally, why would it have to be shipped to Swiss banks? ( By the way, Swiss banks are the favorite venues for criminals who want to hide their stolen wealth).

Edited by juan t

That story may be true but the question is, where did that gold come from? If it was acquired legally, why would it have to be shipped to Swiss banks (which by the way are the favorite venues for criminals to hide their stolen goods).

Now, that's for you to find out. From what I heard, they are from Benguet.

Wealthy people would put gold and money in Swiss banks because it is not taxed there.

The Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Rothchilds, Sauds, Cargills, Macmillans, Bettencourts, and many rich families and businessmen put their money in Swiss banks, out of good financial management practice. Great majority of Swiss bank clients are not criminals, but astute businessmen and financial management agencies.

Now, that's for you to find out. From what I heard, they are from Benguet.

Wealthy people would put gold and money in Swiss banks because it is not taxed there.

The Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Rothchilds, Sauds, Cargills, Macmillans, Bettencourts, and many rich families and businessmen put their money in Swiss banks, out of good financial management practice. Great majority of Swiss bank clients are not criminals, but astute businessmen and financial management agencies.

Sorry but having gold in your possession is not taxable here in the Philippines either. Unlike cash in banks, gold is non interest bearing.and therefore not taxable.

Sorry but having gold in your possession is not taxable here in the Philippines either. Unlike cash in banks, gold is non interest bearing.and therefore not taxable.

But dealing (buying and selling) gold is covered with excise and income tax. Unlike in Switzerland where it is tax free.

Even so, I won't hold that amount of gold bars in the Philippines. I would also put it in Switzerland if it were mine.

My point is, you don't have to be a criminal to put gold in a Swiss bank. You do it because it makes financial sense.

Edited by camiar

But dealing (buying and selling) gold is covered with excise and income tax. Unlike in Switzerland where it is tax free.

Even so, I won't hold that amount of gold bars in the Philippines. I would also put it in Switzerland if it were mine.

My point is, you don't have to be a criminal to put gold in a Swiss bank. You do it because it makes financial sense.

Please, wag na tayo mag lokohan dito. Do you even know the mechanics of trading gold or other precious metals? Normally, it is traded in an exchange like the stock market- all electronic transactions. But the way you describe it, parang alahero si Marcos na nag bebenta ng alahas. By the way, what was the name of his business again? Oh you dont know, thats funny, a multi-billion dollar business being run like a mom-and-pop operation with no trade name and no office, and no documentation whatsoever other than unverified stories from the internet.

And your only basis is the story of your friend saying that her father regularly flew gold for FEM to Switzerland.

And you didn't even bother to question where the gold came from!