• 4 weeks later...

He never admitted it has he?

Same here re: your idolatry of Marcos.

Actually I do believe Tiglao did admit it. If you follow his opinion columns, you might have spotted in several of them, he admitted that he was an idealist while younger and had in fact been part of the propaganda team of the communist even while still in college.

• 3 weeks later...

The US disowned Marcos. Jesus Christ wake up guys.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1986/01/23/world/marcos-s-wartime-role-discredited-in-us-files.html

A bit OT maybe, but you people might also want to look for Bongbong's Oxford degree. Oh right, he never had one. He did get a special diploma, which is something similar to a participation medal.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/119383/in-defense-of-bongbong-marcos-and-his-oxford-fantasy

Look here people, that curse of a family is all about lying, stealing, and the occasional killing, but you choose to ignore these because none of these affected you or your loved ones. Talk about lacking empathy. As far as your lot is concerned, you're happy about the debt-fuelled infra Marcos built to lull you to stupidity.

Here's a story that probably never happened to anyone you people know. My dad got jailed back in 1977. He spent a few weeks behind bars in Camp Crame for being a few hundred yards away from a bunch of protesters. Policemen bludgeoned the living s@%t out of him before throwing him to jail. During his stay in Crame, Dad was made to weed the lawns during daytime. Some nights, he endured some exotic interrogation techniques the police employed on him, while being forced to answer questions regarding his Communist leanings (he wasn't one). After seeing that Dad really wasn't some Leftist lackey, the police decided to let him go, minus his wallet (which contained a little over two pesos) and his shoes. Screw Marcos, and screw you if you love him.

The US disowned Marcos. Jesus Christ wake up guys.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1986/01/23/world/marcos-s-wartime-role-discredited-in-us-files.html

A bit OT maybe, but you people might also want to look for Bongbong's Oxford degree. Oh right, he never had one. He did get a special diploma, which is something similar to a participation medal.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/119383/in-defense-of-bongbong-marcos-and-his-oxford-fantasy

Look here people, that curse of a family is all about lying, stealing, and the occasional killing, but you choose to ignore these because none of these affected you or your loved ones. Talk about lacking empathy. As far as your lot is concerned, you're happy about the debt-fuelled infra Marcos built to lull you to stupidity.

Here's a story that probably never happened to anyone you people know. My dad got jailed back in 1977. He spent a few weeks behind bars in Camp Crame for being a few hundred yards away from a bunch of protesters. Policemen bludgeoned the living s@%t out of him before throwing him to jail. During his stay in Crame, Dad was made to weed the lawns during daytime. Some nights, he endured some exotic interrogation techniques the police employed on him, while being forced to answer questions regarding his Communist leanings (he wasn't one). After seeing that Dad really wasn't some Leftist lackey, the police decided to let him go, minus his wallet (which contained a little over two pesos) and his shoes. Screw Marcos, and screw you if you love him.

Same here. A close family member was also a victim of Martial Law from the Marcos days as he was a political prisoner. And he also endured torture at the hands of the police. We used to visit him in Bicutan during those times.

Because you've been sheltered your whole life and haven't really experienced the atrocities committed during Martial Law years that all your information are based on what your imaginary dragon tells you. "Kaya nakulong kasi may kasalanan" Pfft.

Because you've been sheltered your whole life and haven't really experienced the atrocities committed during Martial Law years that all your information are based on what your imaginary dragon tells you. "Kaya nakulong kasi may kasalanan" Pfft.

Have you experienced the atrocities committed during Martial Law, or have you just read or heard about it?

How do I know? Because everything about ML years to you was magical.

Sige, sabihin na natin nakulong nga ang iba dyan dahil sa may nalabag na batas (or not), does that justify torture of prisoners?

Name the torturer and what they did to those prisoners and file a complaint to the Commission on Human Rights. You know nothing. You probably know what Anti-Marcos tell you.

Name the torturer and what they did to those prisoners and file a complaint to the Commission on Human Rights. You know nothing. You probably know what Anti-Marcos tell you.

Actually already did so. Our family already got monetary compensation for abuses conducted during Martial Law, as I'm sure many other families already have.

But still doesn't make it right, does it?

Actually already did so. Our family already got monetary compensation for abuses conducted during Martial Law, as I'm sure many other families already have.

But still doesn't make it right, does it?

Monetary compensation? Who gave you the compensation? The Marcoses? Haha!

Edited by will robie

Hahaha. Typical retort from someone who doesn't know any better.

Nabara lang eh. But tell you what our family did with the money: we donated it to a human rights group, instead of keeping it.

Go on with your fairy tale. Ok lang yan. Pinapatawa mo naman ako and laughter is the best medicine. Paano ako nabara? Tinanong kita kung binigyan kayo ng compensation ng mga Marcos at sagot mo "yes". If the Marcoses gave alleged human rights victims compensation, believe me, it will be all over the news.

Edited by will robie

Have you experienced the atrocities committed during Martial Law, or have you just read or heard about it?

Backread ka kaya.

OK, I back read.

You did not experience the atrocities.

You heard about it.

Your relative was a political prisoner. By implication, he was not exactly an innocent bystander. Was he a communist activist? Then don't tell me about him being a victim. If he wa an activist, he was a willing participant in the struggle between ideologists supported by capitalist USA on one side and by communist China on the other. Pare-pareho lang silang nagpaloko sa ideology, which we are realizing today as mere follies.

OK, I back read.

You did not experience the atrocities.

You heard about it.

Your relative was a political prisoner. By implication, he was not exactly an innocent bystander. Was he a communist activist? Then don't tell me about him being a victim. If he wa an activist, he was a willing participant in the struggle between ideologists supported by capitalist USA on one side and by communist China on the other. Pare-pareho lang silang nagpaloko sa ideology, which we are realizing today as mere follies.

...and that justifies torture of prisoners?