WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

I admired Chris Benoit since his WCW days.. I felt that his style is similar to Bret Hart who is also one of my favorites..

I just can't believe that he is now dead.. a suicide at that.. or to make it worse.. double murder-suicide.. The thought sickens me.. Can't wait for the investigation to unfold.. The story behind Benoit's death.. What really happened? What pushed him if he did murder his wife/son?

Whatever the investigation brings to the table, WWE should just keep their mouths shut and should not comment at all on the deaths.. They should just focus on Benoit as a wrestler.. I believe that as great as Benoit was, the wrestling world should not forget his contributions to the sport.. If he did k*ll his wife and son, he should be condemned as a person but not as a wrestler..

A tribute was already done (as posted by SevenZeroFive) by WWE.. And I think it is befitting of Benoit's contributions as a wrestler.. We can not erase the fact that if he did murdered his wife &/or son.. This scenario will haunt us forever and will forever etch Benoit's character.. As such, a quiet tribute like what WWE did is the best thing to do in this situation..

I'm kinda torn over the whole thing. I admired Benoit's in-ring capabilities and I do believe that he deserves a tribute. But as Larry said, since its a murder-suicide, how can they glorify a murderer?

As I said over at East Side Boxing forum: I think they're paying tribute to Benoit the wrestler and colleague of theirs. The word's still out on what actually happened.

ABC News

Wrestling Champ Chris Benoit Found Dead With Family

Death Comes a Day After Wrestler Missed Pay-Per-View Appearance

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but he would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons.

A native of Edmonton, Alberta, Benoit was known in the ring as the "Canadian Crippler."

Following the announcement of the deaths, World Wrestling Entertainment issued a statement: "Chris was beloved among his fellow superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and toward his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss. WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

WWE announced that it would drop its planned Monday night line-up on the USA Network to air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

In a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston's Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn't be there, they chanted, "We want Benoit!"

From Sports911.com

Chris Benoit Dead: McMahon "Death" Storyline Ends

Maybe there is something to the idea of "fooling death", although the saying was not intended for how Professional Wrestling icon Vince McMahon is doing it. Following an elaborate "hoax" where McMahon allegedly faked his own death comes word that Professional Wrestler Chris Benoit has passed away.

The "death hoax" has already received a degree of backlash since it was conceived just prior to the sudden death of popular professional women's wrestler, Sherri Martel. Autopsy reports concluded that Ms. Martel did not die of natural causes, however, foul play was not suspected.

McMahon's camp was quick to end the "Vince McMahon is Dead" storyline on Monday.

Now comes word that Professional Wrestler Chris Benoit is dead and this one is especially alarming.

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. Authorities are investigating the deaths as homicides.

Benoit, 40, was scheduled to spar against C.M. Punk in a pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston for the Extreme Champion Wrestling title. But Benoit canceled before the event, citing personal reasons.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check."

When sheriffs arrived at the Benoit home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There was no sign of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. But they are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope noted he was not confirming any of these causes — just not ruling them out at this time.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

Following the announcement of the discovery, World Wrestling Entertainment issued a statement: "Chris was beloved among his fellow superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss. WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

WWE announced that it would drop its planned line-up on the USA Network to air a three-hour tribute to Benoit.

Two weeks ago, a WWE storyline had Chairman Vince McMahon step into a limo and presumably get blown up though the story was quickly deemed a "hoax" by mainstream media (not necessarily so by the Professional Wrestling circuit).

Considering the recent demise of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit and his family, and the live showing of McMahon in the empty arena of the canceled June 25th, 2007 edition of RAW, McMahon appeared Monday to break the news, thus ending the "Vince McMahon is dead" storyline.

WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live RAW show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks DVD and comments from wrestlers and announcers.

swiped from another board

nothing official (and could be just pure heresay), but :

"A Cousin of a GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) has heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

this is just bizzare.....a PR nightmare indeed :(

Five alive

By Louie Dee

June 24, 2007

HOUSTON – Vengeance was the Night of Champions, and on this night, it was THE Champ who stood tall once again with the WWE Championship around his waist. Just as he always seems to do, John Cena survived horrendous odds to win the WWE Championship Challenge Match and retain the gold.

Facing the task of having to take down four hungry former World Champions, Cena’s chances of winning were a mere 20 percent heading into the match. Even worse, there were no eliminations, disqualifications or count-outs; the first man to gain a pinfall or submission would walk out of Houston as the WWE Champion.

Action was fast and furious as all five combatants battled inside and outside the ring. Each man looked like they would be victorious late in the bout, only to have their championship dream shattered by one of the other three competitors as they attempted the winning pinfall.

Early on, it was a fired up Bobby Lashley who looked like a lock to claim that right. The new Raw draftee, who was stripped of his ECW World Title upon being drafted to Raw, decimated all four competitors. He even stood toe-to-toe with Cena, providing our fans with a momentary glimpse of a dream match in the making. Unfortunately, Cena ended up winning the intra-match war with Lashley, smashing him through the ECW announcers’ table with a thunderous FU.

Late in the bout, there was a flurry of action that saw Mick Foley clobber everyone with a steel chair; but just when it looked like the sadistic Hardcore Legend would claim another WWE Championship, long-time nemesis Randy Orton spoiled the party. Ultimately, it would be Foley who would end up as the one who actually tasted defeat.

With the other three competitors knocked out of the ring, an exhausted Cena hoisted Mrs. Foley’s baby boy onto his shoulders. With a yell, he drove Foley into the mat with an FU and covered him to take the winning pinfall, a result that even surprised Cena.

“That was truly like betting the farm on roulette and hitting…one in a million,” an amazed Cena said after the match. “You could see the chaos out there. I’ve said it before: I hate those kinds of matches. I’m just glad I came out clean on the other side.”

Already in 2007, John Cena has had to endure a brutal Last Man Standing Match with Umaga, an epic clash with Shawn Michaels, a Fatal Four Way and a tripleheader with The Great Khali. Yet after surviving a schedule that would make most ordinary men crumble, The Champ once again dug down deep and “came out clean” against four men who have reached the top of the sports-entertainment mountain.

Ladies and gentlemen…The Champ is still here.

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

Sya ba talaga pumatay or ganon gusto palabasin nung tunay na gumawa?

we don't know yet.

it could be him that killed his wife and kid

it could be the wife that killed him and the kid

He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

this story might not be true early reports said that Chris was found in the weight room of his home. Not the foyer. my bad

Edited by Larry

Why don't we just remember him as a great wrestler? Yeah he might have or might have not murdered his own family but remember, this guy did almost everything just to entertain his fans. Let's just remember him as the Rabid Wolverine that he is. Not the prime suspect in a murder case.

Why don't we just remember him as a great wrestler? Yeah he might have or might have not murdered his own family but remember, this guy did almost everything just to entertain his fans. Let's just remember him as the Rabid Wolverine that he is. Not the prime suspect in a murder case.

We'll just have to wait for the final results of the investigation. Cuz if he really killed his wife & son, I can't condone this. I'm a fan of Benoit, but this is not entertainment. It soils his reputation

This is so surreal. I'm still in shock over the whole thing