WWE Wrestling/Usapang Wrestling

After this incident.

Would John Cena self distruct???? Obviously he is on Roids. How about Batista, Lashley etc....

I hope the others Wrestlers would not have the same fate.

Atleast with Eddie Guerrero, he had a nice life and we have good memories of him.

I think only Mick Foley and Edge are the only Wrestlers who doesn't SEEM to use steriods ever. Maybe Shawn Micheals is not using steriods today, but 10 yrs ago it seems he was using it.

Another controversy for WWE and the Wrestling industry.

Edge used roids. he even admitted it on TV but sabi nya d n daw.

Im trying to block the image of benoit as killer but i cant. nkkhinayang that it has to end like this. i would still remember benoit as a great killer but i do not tolerate what he did. Putsa i even had goosebumps when he won the title nung WM20. Sayang tlaga.

The WWE is now washing their hands of this incident. Clearly, they don't want to talk about the tragedy anymore and they don't want to be associated anymore with Benoit.

I don't blame them. He's really screwed up, and talking about it and posting it in their site just (unintentionally) glorifies him. Even though they would want to remember him as one of the greatest mat technicians of all time, this tragedy has obviously smeared his reputation.

Don't expect any Hall of Fame induction soon. Probably never.

I'd still like to know why

The WWE is now washing their hands of this incident. Clearly, they don't want to talk about the tragedy anymore and they don't want to be associated anymore with Benoit.

I don't blame them. He's really screwed up, and talking about it and posting it in their site just (unintentionally) glorifies him. Even though they would want to remember him as one of the greatest mat technicians of all time, this tragedy has obviously smeared his reputation.

Don't expect any Hall of Fame induction soon. Probably never.

I'd still like to know why

Same here, ang bang ang latest news bout the tragedy? :huh:

Edited by Candy®
have you guys read the article, how some of our wrestling idols had real life tragic endings.to name a few are rick rude, mr. perfect, big boss man etc. either by freak accident or drug overdose. and i even thought eddy guerrero died of car accident. i was proven wrong. read this http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6964262?MSNHPHMA.

Daming palang namamatay ng maaga, hindi ko alam patay na si Crash Holly

So do I. Since it has been established that Benoit killed his family, the big question now is WHY he did it, if there are any other explanations aside from being high on roids.

Maybe all that family man image was all for show. Looking at Chris Benoit compete, he's a pretty angry guy, it's hard to imagine that gets left behind at work and he's a good guy at home. But until the facts are revealed, which is probably up to two weeks away, we'll never really know. I think all wrestling fans deserve to know the truth especially considering so many people looked up to Chris as a hero.

Me, I was always a fan of Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. the Rock and Steve Austin and I always loved it when they had matches with the Rabid Wolverine.

I just wanna know one thing, if he worships his 7 year old mentally retarded son, how could he have killed him?

PS: I took out my Benoit poster in my room....I just don't wanna remember him as a murderer.

Good for you dude. When it was proven that he really murdered his kid and wife, I was in shock. Wrestlemania XX is one of the best Wrestlemanias for me, now I don't think I can ever watch it again knowing that a murderer walked away a champion that night.

Chris Benoit...geez...one of the greatest technical wrestlers ive seen and even "played" on WWE video games

But with what happened? arggh... a murderer...WTF...thats your wife and child.....

at least Duke Nukem or Jill Valentine of Resident Evil kills aliens or zombies :lol:

Hey guys update lang from Fox Sports News:

Benoit, wife argued over care for son

Associated Press, Updated 14 minutes ago

ATLANTA (AP) - In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday.

"I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.

He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.

Over the past weekend, authorities said, Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine cable in the couple's suburban home. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release Tuesday saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." It also added that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.

Also Wednesday, Benoit's personal physician said the wrestler did not give any indication he was troubled when he met with the doctor hours before the start of the weekend.

Benoit had been under the care of Dr. Phil Astin, a longtime friend, for treatment of low testosterone levels. Astin said the condition likely originated from previous steroid use.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of their meeting.

"He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," Astin said. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

"I'm still very surprised and shocked, especially with his child Daniel involved," Astin said. "He worshipped his child."

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on the child's neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.

The Benoits' argument over their son was not the only friction in their marriage. Nancy Benoit had filed for a divorce in 2003, saying the couple's three-year marriage was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment." She later dropped the complaint.

Meanwhile, authorities in Georgia were investigating a link between Benoit and a Florida business that may have supplied him with steroids.

Prosecutors in upstate New York who have been investigating the company's drug sales said Benoit received deliveries from Signature Pharmacy and MedXLife.com, which sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet.

Six people, including two of the pharmacy's owners, have pleaded guilty in the investigation, and 20 more have been arrested, including doctors and pharmacists.

"That's something that sounds like we ought to be investigating," Ballard told the AP on Wednesday.

A lawyer for MedXLife co-owner Dr. Gary Brandwein scoffed at allegations that his client's company sold steroids to Benoit.

"I've only read that in the paper. I have no direct information about that whatsoever," Terence Kindlon said Wednesday, adding that prosecutors in Albany County, N.Y., were trying to "distract everyone's attention from the fact that their case is disintegrating."

Brandwein, a 44-year-old osteopath from Boca Raton, Fla., has pleaded not guilty to six counts in New York state court related to the criminal sale of a controlled substance. He was accused of signing and sending prescriptions without ever seeing patients.

Telephone messages left for attorneys for Brian Schafler and Greg Trotta — two other co-owners of MedXLife — were not immediately returned Wednesday. The two men have pleaded guilty to felony third-degree diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions, admitting they helped get drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them.

McDevitt said the drugs found in Benoit's house were legitimately prescribed. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies," he said.

In addition to causing paranoia and explosive outbursts, steroids can also contribute to deep depression, according to experts.

"Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

And this thing just keeps unravelling and unravelling.

Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome; speculation over whether pressure was too much

Written: June 27, 2007

WWE.com learned from an interview conducted Tuesday by Vancouver’s News1130 that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel possibly suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed-on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities, to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.

In the interview with News1130, Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X Syndrome, recounted how she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.

“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in B.C. and in Canada; we only have a couple of them,” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”

A source close to Benoit recalls similar conversations with him, where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism.” This source quotes Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone, which was another symptom of his disability.” Benoit also claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.

Winthrope discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News1130, she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrope added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy -- they don't tell you."

A co-worker and long-time friend of the Benoits speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniel’s illness had gotten to him, causing him to snap and take the lives of his wife and son before taking his own.

“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason), he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead? Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state, did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing, but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this.”

And I said it before, and I will say it again...this is getting sicker and sicker!

Heck, I didn't know the son is retarded.

Great. He killed a little boy, his own son, who also happens to be mentally-retarded.

Despicable.

curiosity can be a curse.

alam nyo yung feeling na you don't really want to know anymore but you need to because you need to make sense of it all?

i feel like that.

but the more i find out, the more this whole thing just doesn't make any sense. creepier and more disgusting by the minute.

sino bestfriend ni Chris Benoit sa WWE that's living?? is it Chavo??? vicky?? JBL??

the two closest to him were Chavo and William Regal

i doubt it was roid rage

he was lucid enough to spread the murders over the weekend and not only that he even found it in him to tie Nancy up and leave bibles by their sides.

roid rage is just that rage, uncontrollable fits of rage where everything goes black.

he was obviously in a really dark place.

hell I don't even think he really wanted to k*ll nancy.

Why tie her up if you really wanted to k*ll her?

What I think is that Nancy and him fought over custody of the child, he tied her up just to shut her up I presume, she mouths off, he loses it and chokes her to death and leaves her.

He sits around pondering what to do after killing his wife, then realizes the horror that he did and remembers his half retarded kid and how it would be really f*cked up growing knowing that his dad offed his mom. so he smothers his kid, and finally decides to k*ll himself after he realizes how seriously f*cked the situation is.

The first one was a fight gone out of hand

the second was more an act of desperation and deppression.

the suicide was more of a last shot at redemption or contrition (hence the bibles by their side)

Edited by Larry

Chris Benoit may have been so depressed that he believed his family would be "better off in heaven" when he allegedly murdered his wife and son before killing himself, says an expert on murder-suicide.

WWE wrestler Benoit, his wife Nancy and son Daniel, 7, were found dead Monday in their suburban Atlanta home.

Local police are treating the case as a murder-suicide. Dr. John Bradford, associate chief of the integrated forensic program for the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, said murder-suicides that wipe out a family are most often carried out by the father.

"The most usual cause is a major depression, normally a severe one with psychotic features," said Bradford, also a professor of forensic psychiatry at the University of Ottawa.

"They sort of start to think, in this psychotic thinking, that the whole family would be better off in heaven ... that, 'This is a horrible place, I think we'd all be better off dead.' "

Psychiatrists commonly refer to murder-suicide as "extended suicide," when the killer decides life is not worth living, he said.

Police in Georgia say they will be investigating whether steroid use was a factor in the case. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the home.

Bradford said steroid use carries "a lot of baggage" when it comes to psychiatric health because the drugs alter brain and body chemistry.

"People that abuse steroids carry with them an increased risk of rage and rage attacks. There's also an increased risk of depression, so it's kind of a double whammy."

Dads who decide to k*ll their kids often turn to methods such as smothering because they don't want the children to suffer, said Bradford.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Benoit...294340-sun.html

Edited by Larry

tapos natalo si edge ni santino marella :upside:

Go CM Punk! Go kick Nitro's ass! Hahaha :cool:

Sayang, natalo si Batista sa Vengeance. Sana matalo ng iba si Edge para magkaroon ulit siya ng chance na mabawi un World Heavyweight Championship title. :rolleyes: