Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

• 2 weeks later...

"metrobank, lousy lousy lousy!!! Deposit ka lang sa ibang bank branch to your or to your relatives' account may charge pang 100pesos."

Dude, baka sa province na yung account? They really charge kung ganun. I think it's a protection for the "money sending" business.

Maiba lang ako. Sa lahat ng banko kahit na Metrobank or BPI kalaki. Lahat talaga sila eh may bad habit na kahit mismo bank officer or manager eh laging nagsisingit!!! Alam na alam mo na yung mga ganun pag pupunta sila sa likod ng mga tellers and may papasingit na transaction! Kaiinis lang talaga!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
the past few weeks, i am having trouble with BDO. most of the time, their ATMs are down, or if they are up, they do not have money...

I don't think this is limited to BDO only. In any case, the larger banks always have the most network problems due to the heavy volume of transactions.

What I find sad nowadays is the lack of "personalized" service. Although I get it from the banks I deal with since normally the senior officers handle my accounts, I just find it sad that most depositors don't get the same type of service. Is this due to the sheer volume of transactions and the fierce competition in the banking industry as a whole ( look at the larger banks extending their banking hours just because BDO started it all)?

When you lose the personal touch, you lose the loyalty of the customer. All customers like to be made to feel special. And if you are made to feel insignificant, then I'd say you won't have good things to say about the bank itself. That's just my two cents.

Edited by lustfortravel
I don't think this is limited to BDO only. In any case, the larger banks always have the most network problems due to the heavy volume of transactions.

What I find sad nowadays is the lack of "personalized" service. Although I get it from the banks I deal with since normally the senior officers handle my accounts, I just find it sad that most depositors don't get the same type of service. Is this due to the sheer volume of transactions and the fierce competition in the banking industry as a whole ( look at the larger banks extending their banking hours just because BDO started it all)?

When you lose the personal touch, you lose the loyalty of the customer. All customers like to be made to feel special. And if you are made to feel insignificant, then I'd say you won't have good things to say about the bank itself. That's just my two cents.

Amen sister! :blush: In addition sa sinabi mo kasi some banks pinapahalagahan ang mga "big" depositos lalo na kapag corporate accounts. Mga ibang small account holders napapabayaan. Which in my view should not be.. as parehas lang naman depositors. Quesehoda maliit man or malaki ang bank account amount nila. I guess some tellers/bank personel do need to practice proper courtesy at respect sa lahat ng mga depositors... indirectly they are being paid by our money anyway. heheh just being bad! :evil:

Amen sister! :blush: In addition sa sinabi mo kasi some banks pinapahalagahan ang mga "big" depositos lalo na kapag corporate accounts. Mga ibang small account holders napapabayaan. Which in my view should not be.. as parehas lang naman depositors. Quesehoda maliit man or malaki ang bank account amount nila. I guess some tellers/bank personel do need to practice proper courtesy at respect sa lahat ng mga depositors... indirectly they are being paid by our money anyway. heheh just being bad! :evil:

the very why I keep telling people to refrain from opening accounts at pcibank......

• 2 weeks later...

my chinese officemate withdrew 400k from metrobank a few years back. he slid the 200k under the drivers sit and the other 200k under the passenger sit. guess what...? they where held up a few kilometers away from the bank. they handed the folds of 200k to the holduper....guess what...? the holduper mentioned ---meron pa!!!! ilabas nyo na!!! 400K ang pera nyo!!!!..... they gave in to the holduper demand and handed the other 200k.

they complained and of course they are alread outside the vacinity of the bank during the incident.

Inside job???? Why does the holduper knew the amount? they did not mention to anyone the amount they are planning to withdrew.

Try to notice this kind of modus operandi when you hear something about it on the news. Since this happen, I always take note of the bank. and yes, you guessed it right, most often than not, its metrobank.

Metrobank - Mayayabang employees. Wag na lang. Ewan ko ba bakt loyal nanay ko sa bankong to.

Unionbank - Bobo ATM's nila yun lang.

BPI - P8, 000 pesos na debit sa account ko. I am dead sure. I have the reciepts.

I called Customer Service about it. Sabi, cge po we will into it. 3 days past, I havent heard a lick from this bank so I called again. Sabi lang sakin, wla daw na debit. I asked her ano yun mga transactions ko for the past days. Ayaw naman ibigay.

I was so sure, na debit kc I have the reciepts and I could very well add na kulang tlga ng 8k. Hindi ko na pinalow up. I was so mad. Kinuha ko pera ko lahat and ripped into 2 parts yun ATM ko.

BPI "Prefered Clients LANE"

There were 2 lanes (regular lanes) with active tellers .... the line was getting long ....

The teller on the "Prefered clients lane" was doing something else

DAMN when it was my turn a fellow CUT me ..... meaning he went before me ....

Ayaw ko sana magcomplain, but the peopl behind me, said we should not let them do that ..

I Approached the manager and asked WHY that fellow was served before anyone else in the line...

"PREFERED CLIENT DAW"

SO I said, SO LET HIM GO THROUGH THE PREFERED CLIENT LANE .... the manager seeing that he was unreasonable ...

asked the PREFERED CLIENT TELLER to start serving the people in line ....

I said thanks... and i hope BDO buys you too.... the peolple almost clapped for me.... as i leave the bank...

BTW ... I CLOSED MY BANK ACCOUNT withdrawing all my money and even the CENTS ...

they asked "SIR iclo-close nyo na?" ... i said YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT .....

BPI - P8, 000 pesos na debit sa account ko. I am dead sure. I have the reciepts.

I was so sure, na debit kc I have the reciepts and I could very well add na kulang tlga ng 8k. Hindi ko na pinalow up. I was so mad. Kinuha ko pera ko lahat and ripped into 2 parts yun ATM ko.

my chinese officemate withdrew 400k from metrobank a few years back. he slid the 200k under the drivers sit and the other 200k under the passenger sit. guess what...? they where held up a few kilometers away from the bank. they handed the folds of 200k to the holduper....guess what...? the holduper mentioned ---meron pa!!!! ilabas nyo na!!! 400K ang pera nyo!!!!..... they gave in to the holduper demand and handed the other 200k.

they complained and of course they are alread outside the vacinity of the bank during the incident.

Inside job???? Why does the holduper knew the amount? they did not mention to anyone the amount they are planning to withdrew.

Try to notice this kind of modus operandi when you hear something about it on the news. Since this happen, I always take note of the bank. and yes, you guessed it right, most often than not, its metrobank.

I guess it is not an inside job. Juz a tip, everytime you go inside a financial institution like banks try to observe those people who are using cellphones. Pa text2 kunwari but they are already giving tips to their cohorts outside the bank whose clients are withdrawing big and sometimes gives in full detail of the client. The color of the clothes they wear, how many they are, what vehicle are they in, and kapag nka jackpot even how much they withdrew from the bank. As you notice some banks are discouraging the use of cellphone inside. Some are just so stubborn and does not listen to bank personnel and it just gives the culprits the courage to use the cellphone inside the bank.

well eto mga experiences ko.. sa mga banks na ito.. :rolleyes:

Metrobank- mayayabang at arogante mga teller with matching chikahan pa.. while working...kaya mabagal umusad ang pila

BPI- wala wenta. grabe mag charge.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

EQUITABLE PCI- 110 ang charge sa deposit pag sa province.. compare sa ibang banks.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

ng mag merge ang equitable at BDO.. malaking hassle... sa mga clients.... lalo na sa mga.. remittances.. and.. lagi na down ang kanilang ATM's.. especially pag MONDAY!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

RCBC- oks lang.. kaya lang may mga branch na.. wala wenta ang mga teller :thumbsupsmiley:

I guess it is not an inside job. Juz a tip, everytime you go inside a financial institution like banks try to observe those people who are using cellphones. Pa text2 kunwari but they are already giving tips to their cohorts outside the bank whose clients are withdrawing big and sometimes gives in full detail of the client. The color of the clothes they wear, how many they are, what vehicle are they in, and kapag nka jackpot even how much they withdrew from the bank. As you notice some banks are discouraging the use of cellphone inside. Some are just so stubborn and does not listen to bank personnel and it just gives the culprits the courage to use the cellphone inside the bank.

you could be right bro...just saw an article/ news last monday Mar 31, ( Phil Star ) page 18. Same modus as I mentioned, its Metrobank again.

while this is the standard practice in banks, tellers at BDO dont ask for my ID if i am withdrawing over the counter.

maybe the tellers in ur bank knows you well sir kaya hindi ka nila hinihingan ng id. Unless of course may bagong salta na teller dun sa branch, hihingan ka talaga ng any proof of identification..

bpi... may descrimination

may line para sa regular clients

at line para sa preffered clients.

HELLO!!!! di ba lahat ng CLIENTS should

be considered as preffered!!!

mga GAGO!!!

kung wala yang mga regular clients nila, buhay pa kaya ang bpi?

You have a point sir. Very annoying din naman, kahit sa part ng mga tellers yung singit na transaction ng mga VIP clients. Pero they can't do anything about it kasi those clients must have an at least 2 million ADB in their accounts kaya they are very well taken care of. Pati manager luluhod sa kanila pag nagclose ng account yung mga yun.

For me Land Bank is the worst! BPI follows second.

At Landbank, they have this system of double handling transactions. When encashing checks, you have to queue it first to a verifier before you can actually encash the check. This means two queues, two tellers for a transaction. I do not understand this procedure as it seems to be inefficient. Well its a government bank, government institutions are notorious for inefficiency. Considering their volume of clients, I would think they would care about improving procedures. But they don't! After a really bad experience with them, everytime I get a LandBank check, I will just deposit it to my account and wait for the clearing days.

When encashing a check, the teller must first go to the verifier para iverify ung pirma. remember that your signature is very important in a banking institution. its just a protection for both parties. lots of incidents happened in the past just because the signature has not been accurately verified. kaya po wag naman natin sisihin ung mga tellers dahil lang sa ganitong practice mga sir...

Bro, believe me when I say that once a bank receives the remittance it is immediately credited to the beneficiary account. There is no truth to the saying na ginagamit pa ng bank ang pera bago i-credit. Banks has lots of resources like overnight lending to BSP, existing deposit base etc.

The reason why it would take 3-5 days before the account is credit is due to the correspondent bank used by the sending bank. First, what is a correspondent bank? A correspondent bank is a third party bank used by the sending bank to remit its outgoing remmitances to the beneficiary bank. A correspondent bank is required specially if the sending bank is not a member of SWIFT. Let me give you an example. This is an example of how funds travel from the sending bank to the benficiary bank.

Bank to Bank remittance:

Bank of Jeddah -----> Bank of New York -----> SWIFT -----> Bank of the Philippine Island

Remmitance Center to Philippine Bank:

Remitance Agency in Jeddah ----> Metrobank Remittance Center ----> Bank of New York -----> Swift -----> Metrobank Branch

Correspondent banks and SWIFTs are required to validate authenticity of remittances. Plus ofcourse it monitors Anti Money Laundering.

There is a whole lot of process on how a remittance is sent. Thus, I advice you have your family send the money to huge bank in the country where they are so that there won't be any correspondent banks. Example, a remittance sent thru HSBC to an EPCIB account would be sent by HSBC to its HSBC office in Manila and HSBC Manila will wire it to the HO of EPCIB for crediting to the account.

Hope this helps.

very well said sir! ganun po talaga.

Worst service UCPB

care for an FR sir?

unionbank sucks...

12/31/07

i went out with a friends and nashort kami, so we went to the nearest atm machine we can find.we ended sa bpi sa timog.there i was so sure that im keying in the right pin i have for my unionbank card pero kinain ng atm machine ung card ko.good thing i have my bdo card with me that time kasi madaling araw nangyari yun so i used my dbo card to get some cash.

the next day after i woke up i called cust service to report that thier bank captured my card.tinanong ko pa ung agent nila how many days will it take for them to forward my card to unionbank.3-5days lang daw so sabi ko ok lang.then i called unionbank's customer service to report na nacapture sa bpi timog ung card ko.so sabi nung agent nila they'll gonna tag my card as captures.i ask the same question i asked bpi's agent kung gaano katagal nila makukuha ung cARD ko.3-5days daw.so i said ok lang ill just wait for it since i got the card registered online, i can monitor my account.

after that i keep on calling unionbank for any updates about my card kasi the card was under payroll account.so i had no choice but to widthraw my money over the counter.kapag nago-otc ako i always ask updates about my card cause i was expecting a check from my previous employer.sabi nila wala pa daw.upset na ako nun sobra kasi its already a month since my card was captured and everytime na magootc ako inaabot ako ng almost 2 hours coz ang haba ng pila ang they need to verify my signature pa from unionbank plaza.btw i was doing otc in unionbank picpa.

02/13/08

i went to ibank makati to get my last paycheck from my previous employer.as usual takilya nanaman ang haba ng pila.then i got my check.then nung papaencash ko na they refuse to encash it kasi daw ung company id ko walang pirma.it was so ridiculous cause ibank and unionbank may hawak ng payroll namin.so iritable na talaga ako.sabi ko sige ill just go ahead and deposit the check to my unionbank account and do otc again sa picpa the next day.since the teller said ok lang daw un nga ginawa ko. the next daw i went to unionbank picpa again to do otc kasi i was planning to transfer the money i got to bdo.my check was for 45k and when i was about to widthraw it all sabi ba naman sakin nung teller ng picpa hanggang 20k lang daw pwede ilabas!dun nako nagsimulang mangaway ng teller.i ask why i wasnt informed about that when the teller in ibank makati gave that suggestion to me.pero syempre as thier policy may magagawa paba ako.i asked info about my card kung nasan na.we called customer service ng bpi and they said naiforward na daw.the stupid assitant barch manager made a few phone calls pero ala padin ung card.so umalis nanaman ako sa bank na walang sagot.

03/15/08

i went back again to unionbank picpa to do otc.again i ask about my card kung nasan na.sabi nila lost in transit nadaw.since ubos na pasensya ko pati ung manager nila na si joy malabanan tinatarayan ko na asking what am i suppose to do.they were asking me to pay 150para mastate na lost ung card and another 100 for otc transaction.dun na talaga ako napikon cause i did not lost the card.and kung alam nila na bulok ung systema nila why they did not made that suggestion that almost 3mos ago.i refuse to pay the fees though its not rili a big thing.kasi kung susumahin lahat ng time na sinayang ko its not enough to compensate all the inconvenience that they put me through.and hindi naman ako ung nakawala nung card ah.bakit ako magbabayad!nagrarason pa nga ung isang teller.sabi pa nya "di ba di ka naman namin chinarge for your previous transactions right?".i answered him back sabi ko "tanga ka ba?kaya nga ako nagootc kasi di nyo mahanap ung card ko eh!".

03/29/08

after 3mos arguing with them tsaka lang napalita ung card ko.imagine 3mos?!one quarter of a year!! eto pa sakit sa ulo, since i pay my bills online with my unionbank account, nung napalitan ung card ko i didnt know that i need to reregister a new account with the new card i got from them.so it means lossing all my previous transaction records.badtrip talaga.i keep them for payment verification.pasalamat sila walang nagkaaberya sa bill payments ko for the month of march.hay nako talaga... i forwarded my complain sa hr namin..sana lang magpalit na kami ng payroll bank... that stupid bank is from hell.. <_<

unionbank sucks...

12/31/07

i went out with a friends and nashort kami, so we went to the nearest atm machine we can find.we ended sa bpi sa timog.there i was so sure that im keying in the right pin i have for my unionbank card pero kinain ng atm machine ung card ko.good thing i have my bdo card with me that time kasi madaling araw nangyari yun so i used my dbo card to get some cash.

the next day after i woke up i called cust service to report that thier bank captured my card.tinanong ko pa ung agent nila how many days will it take for them to forward my card to unionbank.3-5days lang daw so sabi ko ok lang.then i called unionbank's customer service to report na nacapture sa bpi timog ung card ko.so sabi nung agent nila they'll gonna tag my card as captures.i ask the same question i asked bpi's agent kung gaano katagal nila makukuha ung cARD ko.3-5days daw.so i said ok lang ill just wait for it since i got the card registered online, i can monitor my account.

after that i keep on calling unionbank for any updates about my card kasi the card was under payroll account.so i had no choice but to widthraw my money over the counter.kapag nago-otc ako i always ask updates about my card cause i was expecting a check from my previous employer.sabi nila wala pa daw.upset na ako nun sobra kasi its already a month since my card was captured and everytime na magootc ako inaabot ako ng almost 2 hours coz ang haba ng pila ang they need to verify my signature pa from unionbank plaza.btw i was doing otc in unionbank picpa.

02/13/08

i went to ibank makati to get my last paycheck from my previous employer.as usual takilya nanaman ang haba ng pila.then i got my check.then nung papaencash ko na they refuse to encash it kasi daw ung company id ko walang pirma.it was so ridiculous cause ibank and unionbank may hawak ng payroll namin.so iritable na talaga ako.sabi ko sige ill just go ahead and deposit the check to my unionbank account and do otc again sa picpa the next day.since the teller said ok lang daw un nga ginawa ko. the next daw i went to unionbank picpa again to do otc kasi i was planning to transfer the money i got to bdo.my check was for 45k and when i was about to widthraw it all sabi ba naman sakin nung teller ng picpa hanggang 20k lang daw pwede ilabas!dun nako nagsimulang mangaway ng teller.i ask why i wasnt informed about that when the teller in ibank makati gave that suggestion to me.pero syempre as thier policy may magagawa paba ako.i asked info about my card kung nasan na.we called customer service ng bpi and they said naiforward na daw.the stupid assitant barch manager made a few phone calls pero ala padin ung card.so umalis nanaman ako sa bank na walang sagot.

03/15/08

i went back again to unionbank picpa to do otc.again i ask about my card kung nasan na.sabi nila lost in transit nadaw.since ubos na pasensya ko pati ung manager nila na si joy malabanan tinatarayan ko na asking what am i suppose to do.they were asking me to pay 150para mastate na lost ung card and another 100 for otc transaction.dun na talaga ako napikon cause i did not lost the card.and kung alam nila na bulok ung systema nila why they did not made that suggestion that almost 3mos ago.i refuse to pay the fees though its not rili a big thing.kasi kung susumahin lahat ng time na sinayang ko its not enough to compensate all the inconvenience that they put me through.and hindi naman ako ung nakawala nung card ah.bakit ako magbabayad!nagrarason pa nga ung isang teller.sabi pa nya "di ba di ka naman namin chinarge for your previous transactions right?".i answered him back sabi ko "tanga ka ba?kaya nga ako nagootc kasi di nyo mahanap ung card ko eh!".

03/29/08

after 3mos arguing with them tsaka lang napalita ung card ko.imagine 3mos?!one quarter of a year!! eto pa sakit sa ulo, since i pay my bills online with my unionbank account, nung napalitan ung card ko i didnt know that i need to reregister a new account with the new card i got from them.so it means lossing all my previous transaction records.badtrip talaga.i keep them for payment verification.pasalamat sila walang nagkaaberya sa bill payments ko for the month of march.hay nako talaga... i forwarded my complain sa hr namin..sana lang magpalit na kami ng payroll bank... that stupid bank is from hell.. <_<

I could agree with you mam, coz even their credit card bills always comes in late.

I could agree with you mam, coz even their credit card bills always comes in late.

I used to have a Union Bank credit card din. Same experience - billings come in late, so hindi ko nababayaran on time. Come next billing may penalty charges na. Buti na lang i got the card for free (i.e. no annual dues) so i had no qualms nor second thoughts cancelling the card even after only 6 months of use. :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Metrobank sucks. They charge you 50 bucks for depositing into an account not belonging to their branch. Ito lang ang na-experience ko so far sa mga banks na nagkaroon ako ng transaction. I've deposited in different branches of BPI, PS Bank, HSBC, BPI-Family Bank, Union Bank and they didn't charge me anything for making a deposit to a non-branch account.

Metrobank sucks. They charge you 50 bucks for depositing into an account not belonging to their branch. Ito lang ang na-experience ko so far sa mga banks na nagkaroon ako ng transaction. I've deposited in different branches of BPI, PS Bank, HSBC, BPI-Family Bank, Union Bank and they didn't charge me anything for making a deposit to a non-branch account.

Is the account from their provincial branch? Banks usually charge us P50 for deposit up to P50,000 if we make a deposit to their provincial branches. Which is quite wierd since all their branches are linked to the same server and doesn't pass through any clearing house.