Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

• 2 weeks later...
equitable pulilan branch ang bagal ng service .....nag telebabad ang teller huh it might sound weird but hey its a fact!!!!!

For me, Equitable sucks. Their people are not accomodating and slow. I don't remember getting even a smile or a nice greeting from any of them. The atmosphere in their branches are just not as pleasing as the other banks.

People,

Here are some STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES of banks that i dealt with so far. they might prove useful to you.

BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS

STRENGTH:

1. Financially stable One of the top 5 banks

2. So far by my experience has one of the best internet banking sites for corporate internet banking their bpiexpresslink has been the most flexible and useful for businesses. While for individuals their bpiexpressonline is superbly done and easy to use. especially for bills payment and account info retrieval

3. Interest rates for loans is usually the lowest - try the other commercial or saving banks by my experience PSBank and some times MBTC has the lowest interest rates... that's why di nananalo BPI sa quotations nila...

4. Has an exceptional Forex System - try BDO!

5. Offers most of the time the lowest interest rates for all types of loans wether its commercial, housing, auto as well as credit cards

6. Has many ATM sites.

7. Phone banking is very useful.

8. Is heavy on security and requirements for all transactions (For some this is a weakness but in reality if you want your money protected even from you..hehehe this is the bank for you) - passbook nga wala sus! how can you monitor? yung isang account namin lagi na lang may mga anonymous debits and credits! pano panay sablay sila!

9. Takes real good care of valued and preferred clients (So if youre rich, you'll like this bank) They even made a special line for these elite clients...hahah talk about prejudice. - not as much as I enjoy being pampered by HSBC (free parking ticket pa!) and Citibank!

WEAKNESSES

1. Most staff are rude and inconsiderate (unless youre a valued client) and most are old (maybe thats why) Old staff and officers here are original BPI employees and from Cititrust, and the relatively younger ones are from Far East Bank. These are banks that BPI bought from the last 2-3 decades or so

2. Plenty of walk in clients w/c results in slow service (thats why this bank is so aggressive in promoting their internet and phone banking, so traffic in the branch would loosen up.

3. The bank doesnt have chairs for their clients.

Edited by kLique

here are the banks that I have transacted:

1. BPI-Family - Blumentritt: long lines during Mondays. made a mistake of not informing me of my balance just before the weekend. result - they immediately closed the account without my knowledge. too bad, their personnel was accomodating.

2. Metrobank-Blumentritt: Long lines during Mondays. service is ok. But I'm going to close it since it's a bit far from where I live now.

3. Banco De Oro - West Ave.: relatively new Account. haven't experience long line inside their branch. Becasue I usually go ther at around 4pm. :P . one thing I like with them is that, as one of the poster here said, i can bank during Sundays at any SM Mall. just to avoid the Monday deposit. Just a tip. It's a good idea if you can pay your bills AND make a deposit at the same time. because, you can avoid the long lines of depositors since paying bills is at the Customer Service area and they accept deposits too. :cool:

4. Phil. Business Bank: newly opened account. This will replace my Metrobank account. (high Interest)

• 4 weeks later...

banco filipino?

may account ako jan, ATM / Saving Account.

humihingi ako ng statement of account para makita ko lang kung nag e-earn ng interest ung savings ko

ke maliit ke malaking interest okey lang sana. just wanna see lang.

hinihingian ba naman ako ng charge ng 50.00 para sa statement of account.

di bale na lang, baka wala pang 50.00 ung interest na na-earn ung saving ko kahit na malaki yung laman ng ATM ko.

No Way...

Banco Filipino Guadalupe Branch.... gahaman kayo!!!

hinde ka pa agad agad makakapag bukas ng Personal Check mo..dami pa tse tse buretse!

UCPB - after six months ng account ko sa kanila .. malaki or maliit lang ung savings ko, nakapagbukas agad ako ng CHecking Account hehe

Edited by mimi

As for your comments:

"3. Interest rates for loans is usually the lowest - try the other commercial or saving banks by my experience PSBank and some times MBTC has the lowest interest rates... that's why di nananalo BPI sa quotations nila..."

Youre right MBTC and BPI do go head to head in rates. try canvassing your credit facility requirements between the two banks. As for auto loans and housing consider PS Bank also they have been aggressive with their marketing.

"4. Has an exceptional Forex System - try BDO!"

Yes try BDO, they have good forex system and policies. Very customer friendly. But its all the same with most banks when you try to buy dollars from them. Tons of documentary requirements will be asked from you. Outward remittances are cheapest with BDO and BPI. USD10.00 for BDO and USD20.00 with BPI last time i checked - irregardless of amount to be remitted.

"8. Is heavy on security and requirements for all transactions (For some this is a weakness but in reality if you want your money protected even from you..hehehe this is the bank for you) - passbook nga wala sus! how can you monitor? yung isang account namin lagi na lang may mga anonymous debits and credits! pano panay sablay sila!"

BPI the bank who removed their Passbook system from the regular CA/SA. Well, for the old timers there its a curse but for those who have internet access the bpiexpressonline website can provide all your account monitoring needs. Pretty, courageous move in my opinion. I suggest for those who have anonymous debits and credits is that you demand your copy of the debit or credit memo for your enlightenment from the branch. Its really a bummer if you have to go to your branch to ask for these. no doubt about that. s@%t talaga yun if you see debits and credits you dont understand.

"9. Takes real good care of valued and preferred clients (So if youre rich, you'll like this bank) They even made a special line for these elite clients...hahah talk about prejudice. - not as much as I enjoy being pampered by HSBC (free parking ticket pa!) and Citibank!."

Nice for you to be pampered by your numerous banks. Youre the son of god, Youre one lucky dude to have free parking tickets so you wont pay that small amount for parking c/o of your HSBC and Citibank friends. I guess you have lots of money thats why your banks treasure you to give you those perks. :-D

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope we can enjoy the philippine banking system, just like you do.

I read the entire thread from first to last page and can't help but wonder....NO Philippine bank has good service since all banks here were mentioned to have bad service.

Siguro, a few insights:

1. When a bank is big, definetly people place their hard earned money on them for reason of security. Bank's selling point is their huge network and financial power. If banks has these, it attracts people. Therefore, with lots of depositors, there would be lots of transactions, thus the many people you see queing over the counter.

2. Banks are strict in opening accounts because they are mandated to "IDENTIFY" the would be depositor. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas mandates banks to require various identification documents of clients for purpose of AMLA or the Anti-Money Laundering.

3. Systems are not perfect, so are leased lines thus the occassional OFF-LINE.

4. Banks develop their own Electronic Banking facilities to lessen transactions over the counter. So, if you don't wanna wait just to pay your credit card, apply on your bank's internet or phone banking facilities, so you can pay your bills at the convenience of your office or home and avoid the long lines.

At the end of the day, no bank is perfect. Big or small, the thoughest job of bank personnel is pleaseing their customers.

i see a reason why philippine banks suck in service..it is because the small regular depositors are not given importance and that we are not a customer service demanding country....when and if the big clients come, they go directly to the branch manager and just chit-chat while they process whatever he may needs, so need to complain...but when his messenger comes and takes forever, he doesnt complain one bit to the branch manager because he does not personally experiences it...

i have one very good suggestions to the senior (executive) level bosses of any banks in the philippines...go and try to transact with your branch as if you are a messenger or a individual depositor who has no personal relationship with the tellers (which i believe are the majority), then i am sure something will get done.....

PNB bank.. na debit kc un money na suppose to be withdraw ko then tumawag ako sa costumer support nila ..sabi nila next day daw.. then another day tawag ulit ako.. sabi tawagan ko daw un debit credit nila.. ni wala clang binibigay ng number..so i call it again un staka pa lang nila binigay un number for that debit credit .. and it took then 1 week to process the said debit.. grabe un customer service nila..dahm!.

Guest Dennis®
Hmmmm browsed and tried to read everything and did not ee DBP so does this mean DBP is an ok bank? Anyone there who has an account there?

i do. i don't have any problem with that bank.

I have been working in the banking industry for quite sometime....Currently I am a consultant in a foreign bank. There are some important points I want to highlight why banks have long lines and slow service. For big banks like BPI, Metrobank and Equitable PCIBank. About their client base , one reason why they have long queues is that they have a large client base. Just try to go to a very small bank and I don't think you will encounter a long queue. But of course aside from the service, you also have to think of your deposit with the bank. Although big banks can give you the worst service that you can encounter, rest assured that your deposit will definitely not go down the drain. Some small banks have no lines on their counters... fine... they give you very high interest... fine.... but the next day... you will end up falling in line with PDIC and trying to recover your deposit since the bank that you have chosen was closed due to bankruptcy. Come on guys. think about it. Even in other Asian countries like Malaysia and Singapore where banks are much bigger than the Philippines, believe it or not, there is a long line especially on Mondays, Fridays, Paydays and Month-ends. So relax, if you don't want to fall in line, I suggest you maximize the use of the alternative channels being offiered by the big banks such as ATM, Internet Banking, Phone Banking, etc. I hope this will be an eye opener for all of us complaining about bank's lousy service.