Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

Guys, I had a bad experience with both PNB and BDO, I was opening an account but before I went there, I called their hotline first, then I asked for the requirements... I just have my NBI id, and the staff told me that it's ok. So I went there... Then after I waited for almost 1hour and 30 minutes, she told me that NBI are not allowed to open a new ACCOUNT, when she told me on the line that it is ok?! Great Customer Assistance! Geez~!

Hmmmm browsed and tried to read everything and did not ee DBP so does this mean DBP is an ok bank? Anyone there who has an account there?

Security bank, well as far as I'm concerned ung kalengtong branch, freaking slow service. Minsan ang conti conti na nga ng mga cliente nag tagal pa din as compared to other banks in the same area na 2 times more clients and still mas mabilis pa din cla..labo amp!

BANCO DE ORO - Suplada yung teller akala mo kung sino kaya hindi na ako nagbukas ng account. Nagtanong lang, grabe kung ano ano pa sinabi. Ala siya PR skills or nil. Hindi ko sasabihin yung branch and place. Maganda nga yung teller pero ala talaga siya people skills with their soon to be client kaya open ako account sa BPI na lang.

Edited by Dirty_Harry
  • 2 weeks later...

After backreading your comments, it's obvious the problem lies with the typical Filipino work attitude.

I noticed Filipinos rarely seem concerned with customers or clients, be it bank teller, cashiers, sales ladies or sales agents. Go into any bank or store and the first thing you'll notice are the sales ladies making chitchat and they never seem to acknowledge the customers presense, parang invisible yun customer. The cashiers in U**mart and R**tans are even gossiping and joking around with the bag boys RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMERS,nagkukurutan pa, kelangan sigawan mo para bilisan ang trabaho eh. Thay don't care if mahaba na ang pila, tuloy ang satsatan.

I always experience this kind of attitude in BPI.

Unionbank sa Muñoz.

This happened sometime ago, between 12 to 1. Ang daming tao, ang daming nagmamadali. Isa lang teller and alam naman nya mahaba pila but she opted to do something else, nagba-balance ata. Nairita yung first sa pila kasi ang tagal niya nakatayo so she said kung pwede asikasuhin mula siya. Nagkasagutan sila and the teller said bakit di na lang ung customer magbayad sa iba nagmamadali pala siya. Tama ba yun?

Edited by charmed shannen
After backreading your comments, it's obvious the problem lies with the typical Filipino work attitude.

I noticed Filipinos rarely seem concerned with customers or clients, be it bank teller, cashiers, sales ladies or sales agents. Go into any bank or store and the first thing you'll notice are the sales ladies making chitchat and they never seem to acknowledge the customers presense, parang invisible yun customer. The cashiers in U**mart and R**tans are even gossiping and joking around with the bag boys RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMERS,nagkukurutan pa, kelangan sigawan mo para bilisan ang trabaho eh. Thay don't care if mahaba na ang pila, tuloy ang satsatan.

I always experience this kind of attitude in BPI.

or get the attention of their manager... to correct them... i did this to a number of establishment... your the customer and always right... just don't abuse your right...

custmer service here in the philippines is so bad. i hate going to rustans and the stores at greenbelt 4 bec of the sales people.bec they will look at you like if u wer goin to steal something. its very degrading. actually if ul compare cust service frm the u.s., phils way out of par with them. they dont care how expensive theyre selling, theyll just let roam around to feel check out the product.

i always greet back to the employess with a smile and treat them with respect unlike other rich people they act as if those employees are their slaves.,for me i like it to greeted casually.

People,

Here are some STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES of banks that i dealt with so far. they might prove useful to you.

BANK OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS

STRENGTH:

1. Financially stable One of the top 5 banks

2. So far by my experience has one of the best internet banking sites for corporate internet banking their bpiexpresslink has been the most flexible and useful for businesses. While for individuals their bpiexpressonline is superbly done and easy to use. especially for bills payment and account info retrieval

3. Interest rates for loans is usually the lowest

4. Has an exceptional Forex System

5. Offers most of the time the lowest interest rates for all types of loans wether its commercial, housing, auto as well as credit cards

6. Has many ATM sites.

7. Phone banking is very useful.

8. Is heavy on security and requirements for all transactions (For some this is a weakness but in reality if you want your money protected even from you..hehehe this is the bank for you)

9. Takes real good care of valued and preferred clients (So if youre rich, you'll like this bank) They even made a special line for these elite clients...hahah talk about prejudice.

WEAKNESSES

1. Most staff are rude and inconsiderate (unless youre a valued client) and most are old (maybe thats why) Old staff and officers here are original BPI employees and from Cititrust, and the relatively younger ones are from Far East Bank. These are banks that BPI bought from the last 2-3 decades or so

2. Plenty of walk in clients w/c results in slow service (thats why this bank is so aggressive in promoting their internet and phone banking, so traffic in the branch would loosen up.

3. The bank doesnt have chairs for their clients.

METROPOLITAN BANK AND TRUST

STRENGTH:

1. Most financially sound as MBTC is the biggest bank in the country

2. Interest rates are competitive.

3. Forex rates are good.

4. Has complete banking services.

5. Internet Banking is good - Metrobankdirect is simple and easy to navigate offers convenience to your account info retrieval needs, fund transfers, as well as bills payments.

6. Time Deposits and other instruments are very competitive

WEAKNESSES

1. Charges for basic banking services are relatively higher than most banks

2. Their Auto Transfer account is ok but some transactions are hard to trace as their system posts some transactions in lumpsum, you need to coordinate w/ a bank staff to get details.

3. The bank has no/limited phone banking facility

4. Plenty of walk in clients so the bank usually has long lines.

INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE BANK

STRENGTH:

1. Compared with all the banks ive dealt with this bank has the best service. The bank trains all staff even the janitors and the guards how to greet and talk to customers. Ive seen their training, Although not all their workers become ideally good, at least this bank goes the extra mile to teach their staff whats the right thing to do.

2. The Bank has flexibility, you can encash your check with any branch. This is possible due to the banks investment in digital imaging of your signatures from their accounts. (so far i think Ibank, BDO, not sure with Unionbank are the only ones who have this facility). Other banks are starting to develop this except that they have to update all their existing records and thats whats slowing them down...hahaha sorry na lang sa BPI and Metrobank sa dami ng clients na dapat i-update it will be a behemoth project for them to do this. but admirably these big banks are already starting to have this.

3. Managers and Officers are empowered. Officers in this bank are given budgets to do marketing gimmiks, spend some to get some. They can beautify branches and some officers and staff do go the extramile for special requests and banking accomodations.

4. Relatively they treat all depositors the same, but if youre a super depositor youre a vip hahahah

5. This bank has the best coffee. (So far from the branches i visited and they are several...they have fresh brewed coffee)

6. Staff are relatively young and beautiful.

7. This bank has security cams on their ATM's...hahah

WEAKNESS:

1. Ibank is gone and was recently bought by Union Bank. talk about weakness...haha

2. The bank does not offer leasing facilities

3. compared to other banks they have relatively few branches.

4. Still most branches have long lines.

ALLIED BANK

STRENGTH:

1. Very conservative and has sound banking values.

2. Rates on loans are very competitive

3. Old fashioned, in most aspects from the systems, the service, I think thats a strength because it does offer a different kind of charisma. "If it works, stick to it and use it" I think the owner Lucio Tan thought of it that way.

4. Very strict in requirements and documentation

WEAKNESSES

1. Very Low Tech.

2. Has very old people working for them...masungit din minsan. Not all are old and ugly pero madami eh. Malaking bagay ito sa mga manyak.

3. Forex system is not flexible

4. Basic banking services....meron, yun lang. other facilities are there pero not impressively marketed by their officers and marketing staff.

WILL MAKE WRITE-UPS OF OTHER BANKS SOON..... :evil:

Note: These write-ups and comments about the banks are based on personal experiences for several years. Having seen both sides as a banker and as now a client of a bank.

• Like (+1) 1
sorry i dont agree with this. meron kasi akong napuntahan na bangko small bank talga

parang ang name eh island bank pero nasa gitna ng makati, d ko bangko to napagutusan

lang akong magwithdraw. pag dating ko dun napansin ko AKO LANG ang client so inaassume

ko mabilis lang ako dun kc nga ako lang ang client.

eh nak ng pitong kalbo, inaabot ako ng lampas kalahating oras para tawagin ako ng teller. :grr:

ano kayang pinaggagagawa ng mga tellers dun??? :angry:

I meant a small commercial bank or a large savings bank. Small compared to the big five universal banks. Some of them are Chinatrust, Maybank, Robinsons Bank, Manila Bank etc.

Hmmmm browsed and tried to read everything and did not ee DBP so does this mean DBP is an ok bank? Anyone there who has an account there?

Development Bank of the Philippines is more of an investment bank. It primarily funds development projects and most of its accounts tends to be corporates and NGOs so you won't hear any complaints about them here.

• 3 weeks later...