Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

METROBANK Kalayaan Ave., QC (Near Eunilane Supermarket)

October 27 12:20 pm

I got a number 69. The number served was 51. After 20 minutes it was still at 51. About half a dozen customers left, couldn't wait anymore. There was only one teller in the counter but she was occupied with a customer who paid a lot of bills. Two tellers were there but they were busy with one customer who deposited a lot of cash.

My experience with METROBANKS were never pleasant. They seem to be understaffed. AVOID METROBANK AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO AVOID IT.

Maybe it takes a few visits for them to provide 69 service? Many big banks let you wait and wait and wait. They don't care because it is the big clients that give them the big bucks. Try the smaller savings or commercial banks. Same products but less people in line, sometimes none at all on non-peak days. The days to avoid going to banks are Mondays, Fridays, paydays and especially the day before a long holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

metrobank sa laguna branch sobrang tagal ng pila, usually mga 2hrs to 3 hrs ang hintay. i wonder bakit d nila ito ginagawan ng solution! imagine wasting 2-3hrs of your time para magdeposit? matagal na tong prob ng metrobank (most of the branch) and still ganyan parin cla! sana naman magbukas cla ng minimum of 4 tellers kung marami tlga tao! im sure kayang kaya nilang sweduhan yun xtra teller! pc of advice wag sa metrobank gumawa ng account! mahaba ang pila! sayang oras mu or yun uutusan mung taong mag deposit! and sa mga nagbebenta sa multiply or other online stores na bank transations yun pang bayad, sana wag metrobank ang hassle eh

• 3 weeks later...

BPI tomas morato

PAra makapag encash ng check, pipila ka lagi minimum of 15-20 minutes.

15-20 minutes. Ang kukupad pa kumilos ng mga teller. Tapos they have 5 tellers. 1 is dedicated for preferred clients. 2 are dedicated for bulk transactions 1 is dedicated for deposits only.

It leaves you with only 1 or 2 tellers for regular clients.

PAg maigsi ang pasensya mo don't even bother going to this bank branch.

Stupid manager doesn't even respond to the situation by adding more tellers.

Just idiotic actually.

• 3 weeks later...
BPI treats all its customers badly. They let all their customers stand in line and considering that they have a lot of customers, standing in line can take anywhere from 30 mins to more than an hour. Why don't they adapt the system of other banks wherein customers are given a number as soon as they enter. While there is still the wait, one is at least seated and could pass the time away reading a newspaper for example.

Metrobank. Even if you deposit an in-house check it will take at least 3 days for the check to clear. In other banks, in-house checks are like cash deposits, you can withdraw the cash as soon as you present the check in any branch.

I agree with that, though this is a different scenaryo. My cousin had her account closed, nagamit nya ng sagad yung money nya sa account which led to the closing of her account. May darating dapat sya remittance from abroad, nung chineck nya yung atm, closed na, its natural na ma close yung account. So, I told her na kausapin yung BPI if ever pwedeng buksan uli yung account, sayang naman yung account, pati maganda yung previous record nya sa account, nagkataon lang na gipit lang talaga. Next day punta sya sa BPI then kinausap nya yung "Heavy Built na Lady"sa accounts ang sabi ba naman sa kanya, "3000 para iopen uli yan account, kasi naman, ginagawa nyo kaming sari sari store", sarcastic ang pagkaka deliver, napahiya tuloy yung cousin ko in front ng maraming tao, my cousin's personality was a quiet-shy one, so she just let it pass, recently lang nya naikwento. I told her, if that happens again, I would defintely file a complain.

Personally, I have no angst against BPI branches, I just hope they work on customer service more seriously, it will be their lost eventually.

Branch:

BPI Branch Mayon / Near Mercury Drugs.

halos lahat ng bank lousy services. pansinin ninyo sa dami ng empleyado iilan lang ang teller and mahaba mga pila pag magdeposit ka. minsan almost one hour kang nakapila para ipatago (deposit) lang ang pero mo. dapat during peak hours dagdagan nila ng mga teller.

• 4 weeks later...

Mas ok sana kung reliable ang postal system natin. Kasi dito sa US ang mga tao pupunta sa bangko either magdedeposit or magwithdraw lang ng pera. Lahat ng payment mo sa utility bills, credit card etc. imemail mo na lang. That's one way of avoiding a long line. Pero sa experience ko diyan talagang wala tayong magagawa sa haba ng pila. I used to work for a bank when I was still in the Philippines. Sa main office na nga ako nagwowork at marami kaming teller pero sobrang haba pa rin ang pila araw araw. That's life.

• 1 month later...
BDO Megamall A branch.

I wouldn't say it's the lousiest but it leaves much to be desired.

When I opened an account about a month ago, yung teller na natapat sa kin wasn't smiling all throughout the transaction.

Suplada and very cold ang dating.

And when asked on some things parang tinatamad pang sumagot, as if saying "di mo pa ba alam yan at kailangan mo pa magtanong?"

When I called up their branch (recently as instructed by her to follow up on my transaction) WALANG SUMASAGOT SA PHONE.

2 numbers na yung binigay and umaabot ng up to 8+ rings and no one is picking it up.

Called up after a few minutes again and after again a number of rings, may sumagot din.

And again walang ka amor-amor yung pagsagot sa phone.

What's with this bank, or their tellers?

Hindi ba pinapaswedlo ng maayos mga ito kaya ganyan humarap sa customers nila?

BTW, the teller's name is Rian.

Petite, with braces, eyeglasses, thin/frail bodied, lousy-looking fingers as if sumasideline as labandera pag linggo.

no, it's just their signature customer relation. ganyan talaga pag BDO.

The BDO by-line:

'We find ways.....

.... to irritate you.'

• 3 weeks later...
BDO Card sucks bigtime!!!

I was a long time Equitable Bank Visa Card holder who's account got transferred to BDO when they bought Equitable. My Equitable Bank Visa Card expired end of July and it took BDO a month to send me my new card. Prior to this, I was being billed for annual and extension card fees which I requested and was granted waiver to. Was surprised when I got a call from BDO's collection unit asking me to pay for the fees plus finance charges incurred and to settle my balance in full immediately. I was being billed for 30k plus of purchases which I contested immediately as I do not recall spending that much the previous month. Also, it has been a practice of mine to settle in full the previous month's bill so it's next to impossible for me to incur that much balance. So I requested their Customer Service for a Statement of Account and was told that they would be emailing me my SoA in a few days time. They also asked me for my contact no. so that they could inform me on any updates on my query. Never did I receive any emails or updates from them and all this while, their collection unit kept on calling and asking me to pay-up immediately. So when I finally got my latest SoA, I found out that a lot of my purchases have been double posted! I was being billed for almost twice the amount of my actual purchases. Called their Customer Service, specifically asked to speak with an officer and gave him a piece of my mind. Again no action was taken - why do I say this? 2 days after I talked to this inept officer, their collection unit was at it again. Frustrated with the whole situation, I was finally able to get the email address of the head of BDO's consumer loan division. Emailed him on October 17 about all this and got an immediate response. Oct 21, after deducting their incorrect entries and charges, I paid my balance in full. Received a call from BDO and was told that everything has been checked and corrected. Thought that everything was OK already after this, but again BDO managed to surprise me. A few hours after the last call, their collection unit called again and was asking me if I have already settled my account. Asked him the amount that I should pay and once again he informed me to pay them P30k+ immediately IDIOTS! Had to send a 2nd letter to the head of consumer loans to ask him to tell his collection unit to stop calling and asking me to pay. Sheesh!!! They can't even coordinate between themselves!!! No one bothered to inform the collection unit that their bank made an enormous mess of my account. f#&king IDIOTS! I am thankful to the head of consumer loans for helping me resolve this but not once did he apologized for their crappy service!!!

PART 2

How can one be charged with Finance Charges and Late Payment Penalty Fee when one always pays in full on or before the due date??? Well it seems anything IS possible when you do business with BDO!!!

Received my CC statement today and what do I find? Finance Charges and Late Payment Penalty Fee being charged to my account. They posted my payment 11 days late so I was immediately charged. Talking to a CSR, I found out that a lot of their clients were erroneously charged this month. And again, the bullshit reason being given is that the error was caused by the migration of accounts from Equitable to BDO. :grr:

PART 2

How can one be charged with Finance Charges and Late Payment Penalty Fee when one always pays in full on or before the due date??? Well it seems anything IS possible when you do business with BDO!!!

Received my CC statement today and what do I find? Finance Charges and Late Payment Penalty Fee being charged to my account. They posted my payment 11 days late so I was immediately charged. Talking to a CSR, I found out that a lot of their clients were erroneously charged this month. And again, the bullshit reason being given is that the error was caused by the migration of accounts from Equitable to BDO. :grr:

The BDO by-line:

'We find ways.....

• 1 month later...

I have also experienced how lousy is the service here in BDO.

It happened last April when we tried to upgrade my son's savings account to a

checking account. They would'nt let us.

The teller told us that we need to have a "constant" deposit of at least 25k for at least

6 months before they can upgrade it.

WHATTT!!!!

was my reaction.

Kailangan palang may naka-depositong pera na 25 libo na hindi ginagalaw sa

loob ng 6 na buwan?

The teller realizing how strange their policy was, whispered "Im sorry Sir"

Dito sa Dubai, kahit na anong bangko, pwede kang magbukas ng kahit anong account basta

may pera kang idedeposito.

Putsa, 250,000 ang ipapasok ko, Sorrry daw. tsktsktsk