Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

Read back my friend lomex. I was out of town. 89-100 was useless. My check was just stuck somewhere in the atm machine. Nobody bothered to double check. I had to talk to the manager personally and show her my receipt (buti na lang kumuha ako ng receipt from the atm).

--------------

But yeah Brutus, I am rethinking my position on the BPI to BPI money transfer via phone. Human error kasi talaga yung 2 cases when my check didn't clear on time -- useless pencil pushers. Siguro naman kung machine na, baka naman walang ganung hassle. But I will try small amounts first. Mga 1K transfers muna.

Edited by skitz

Read back my friend lomex. I was out of town. 89-100 was useless. My check was just stuck somewhere in the atm machine. Nobody bothered to double check. I had to talk to the manager personally and show her my receipt (buti na lang kumuha ako ng receipt from the atm).

--------------

But yeah Brutus, I am rethinking my position on the BPI to BPI money transfer via phone. Human error kasi talaga yung 2 cases when my check didn't clear on time -- useless pencil pushers. Siguro naman kung machine na, baka naman walang ganung hassle. But I will try small amounts first. Mga 1K transfers muna.

just in case if you will still have second thoughts in doing the transfer, BPI also offer a cash card like the smart money card

instead of one day posting when you transfer from BPI to BDO, it will be real time

you can monitor the cash movements from the card online as well

you will know from what location your GF has made her withdrawals

btw, I've done some backreading and most if not all of the complains here are lousy teller and slow service when paying bills

why don't you guys utilize online service when paying bills

I pay all my bills online (Meralco, Skycable, PLDT, Sun, Maynilad, HSBC and Citibank Credit Cards)

never have to fall in line and waste 30mins of my life

I can pay anytime I want

Edited by brutus
  • 3 weeks later...

Such things happen

In this case the manager should have asked for the transaction number .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HSBC, BPI, BDO. Metrobank. Bad.

I closed my HSBC account some time ago because they cancelled my ATM card for a year's inactivity. They did so without any notice, effectively taking my money from me since the card was my only access to the funds. I chewed them out, took my money out, and refused to answer the phone at the times they said they would call to talk to me about what happened.

They're also terrible with their credit cards. You have to choose between email or paper statements. When you choose email statements, notification that your statement is ready may come--or it may not. Many times it didn't, so I had to switch back to paper statements.

Their online application has tricks. You apply for a supplementary card for a relative, and you find out that you've actually applied for a new card. You call to clear things up, and you're told you have to wait five days to know if things are in fact cleared up, and only then can you start all over again. I just told them this morning to cancel my supplementary card application.

Then there's BPI. I always receive my credit card statements days after the due date. You can only complain so many times.

Banco de Oro tells you that you have to replace the old Equitable cards effective immediately. So you go to your branch to have it replaced, and they've run out of cards with embossed numbers. Worse, if you want a card with your name, you have to wait a week, even though other banks can give a named card in minutes. Where its cards are concerned, BDO is still in the 1990s.

Metrobank? They charge the highest annual fees (P1,500 for classic, compared with P1,200 with other banks), but give the lowest credit limit. Payment centers are limited, and the bank culture is to always have a long line. I remember once arriving early at the Loyola Heights branch. Once they opened the doors, the tellers waited 15 minutes before serving the first customer. All the while, the employees were joking around and laughing--as if they were actually waiting for the line to get longer before they did anything.

Bad.

BDO- LONG LINES. MINSAN BINASTOS PAKO NG SECURITY WHILE CHECKING MY ACCOUNT BALANCE SAYING NA WALA NA NGA PERA YUNG ATM KAYA MAY SIGN NA "ACCOUNT BALANCE LANG AVAILABLE".. EH THAT WAS MY ONLY PURPOSE SA ATM MACHINE TAPOS 2 ACCOUNTS PA MERON AKO SA BDO. THEN AFTER MAPAHIYA YUNG GAURD TUMAYO LANG SA TABI KO LOOKING INTO THE SCREEN WHILE i WAS CHECKING MY ACCOUNT SO LALO AKO NAGALIT AND I SAID THE GAURD " ANONG TINATAYO MO DYAN? GUSTO IKAW NA LANG DITO?" THERE WAS ANOTHER INCIDENT WHEN THE ATM WAS NOT WORKING AND I WANTED TO MAKE A WITHDRAWLAL THE TELLERS JUST TOLD ME TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER ATM.. NAMURA KO YUNG TELLER DEMANDING FOR MY MONEY.. BUTI NA LANG NAKITO KO YUNG MANAGER NG BRANCH NA KAKILALA KO BECAUSE HE VISITS OUR OFFICE TO OFFER MY BOSS DEALS THEN INAYOS NYA YUNG WITHDRAWAL.. PWEDE NAMAN PALA GAWIN AYAW PA!

BPI NAMAN IS OK PERO I NOTICED THAT THEY NEED TO ADD MORE TELLERS FOR FASTER SERVICE AND i LIKE THE PAPERLESS TRANSACTIONS YOU DONT NEED TO FILL UP A LOT OF DATA JUST PUNCH IN TO THE SCREEN AND YOU GET A NUMBER TO KNOW WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN.. AND IF YOU DEPOSIT A BPI CHECK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT YOU CAN WITHDRAW IT IMMEDIATELY..

• 2 weeks later...

Bank of Commerce. When I withdraw from their ATM machine, walang pera na lumabas tapos biglang nag offline. I went to one of the branches and they told me to GO to the main branch in the city, pwede namang tumawag lang sila or i-email yung report. Umabot pa ng 1 week before nabalik yung pera ko. And they never followed-up, not another week or so. Amp talaga.

• 2 weeks later...

BPI NAMAN IS OK PERO I NOTICED THAT THEY NEED TO ADD MORE TELLERS FOR FASTER SERVICE AND i LIKE THE PAPERLESS TRANSACTIONS YOU DONT NEED TO FILL UP A LOT OF DATA JUST PUNCH IN TO THE SCREEN AND YOU GET A NUMBER TO KNOW WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN.. AND IF YOU DEPOSIT A BPI CHECK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT YOU CAN WITHDRAW IT IMMEDIATELY..

Ok yun service ng BPI tellers lalo sa makati. Especially sa Salcedo Village branch na si Camille Oregas. Super Hot.

Ok yun service ng BPI tellers lalo sa makati. Especially sa Salcedo Village branch na si Camille Oregas. Super Hot.

Hahahaha makapunta nga....joke!!

btw, one of the lousiest banks I know is PHILIPPINE BUSINESS BANK PASO DE BLAS BRANCH........yung branch manager nila tamad, ayaw mag asikaso ng MGA CUSTOMERS, yung mga bigatin lang ang kinakausap....but their other brances are good specially the SAMSON ROAD branch, their branch manager is Mr. Action....hahahaha also, their KAYBIGA branch is also good...

just a reminder to those from valenzuela who are depositors / clients of this branch...

• 2 weeks later...

louiest in order

1) Metrobank even more than 10 tellers , you have to more than 25 mins to be served , halos lahat ng branches ganun !

2) BDO used to be my fav kso mahigpit then ang dami ka ekekan , everytime fill-up forms needed , ang haba din ng pila be it in the teller side or the desk accts

BEST as of the present

BPI the best no forms needed to fill , just punch a comp to get a stub and wait for your turn & ii's quick

Edited by profX

BDO is the worst.

Managers from several branches doesn't have credible knowledge about UITFs, MFs, and sovereign bonds. In three branches I have to wait while they consult their corporate email. Talk about incompetence.

I was so disappointed that I transferred ALL my investments to another leading competitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Worst on my list is Metrobank. Had a very bad experience with the service and I decided to close my not so big account. Di ka nila papansinin kasi di ka naman kawalan eh.

PNB is second placer, obviously, henyo ang nagpapalakad eh , gobyerno kaya wala ka ng masasabi pa.

Had a very nice experience with BPI. Na debit ang ATM ko sa machine nila , I called their hotline, no hassle, my money went back to my account. :rolleyes:

nice bro. ok nga yang si camille oregas. hot na hot. kaya pag nagdedeposit ako diyan umiikot mata ko. it's a good thing katabi lang ng office namin iyan

hi miss cam! cute nyo po.. :wub:

BDO laging mahaba pila... <_<