The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have internet access since Sunday kasi my PC was out for repairs. When I got my PC back yesterday, I discovered that I couldn't connect to the net. Tawag ako sa 173, spoke to a rep and found out that there was an issue with the optical lines of PLDT in the east (Cainta, Antipolo area) since Tuesday. Nag-up lang ang network nitong Friday morning.

I'm wondering if PLDT will give rebates to their customers for time without service? Four days din yun a.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

cguro per branch lang naman ang problem. Kasi dito sa laguna walang problema ang pldt dsl connection. Mga once in every 5 months lang nawawalan ng connection then mabilis din na naibabalik agad. Kapag may problem tawag lang ako sa branch namin and within 3 days may dadating na technician nila. Btw, im using the 999 plan with 1mbps connection. So far so good naman.

• 3 months later...
cguro per branch lang naman ang problem. Kasi dito sa laguna walang problema ang pldt dsl connection. Mga once in every 5 months lang nawawalan ng connection then mabilis din na naibabalik agad. Kapag may problem tawag lang ako sa branch namin and within 3 days may dadating na technician nila. Btw, im using the 999 plan with 1mbps connection. So far so good naman.

Pwede per branch ang problema.. And here in Marikina, their Concepcion branch sucks.. Since January, puros slow-down ang nangyayari sa akin.. I call up 171 and they always tell me that the "area" in Marikina is being worked on.. There's a big problem in the area.. But whenever I check my friend's internet shop in Parang, ayos naman daw.. I wonder wheres that "area trouble" that they always reason out?

Then this April, my connection got cut off, my IPAddress is invalid and I never got connected with DSL for 14 days.. Kung hindi ako nagalit sa Customer Care nila and demanded to speak to a supervisor, hindi tatawag ang Concepcion branch sa akin.. And to compound my woes, they called just now and said that my DSL should be working already.. And why did that compound my woes? I already switched to Globe Broadband..

To make matters worse, my parents (the connection is named under my dad kasi) went to their branch to ask for help but they just promised that would visit our house the following day.. They never came.. Walang problema sa area, hindi kasi sila nagtratrabaho.. The people in their branch in Marikina are lazy I guess, they never do Overtime, and they always complain.. How do I know? When my DSL had a problem a few months back, a technician came in to replace my modem, and he had all these complaints against Manny Pangilinan..

Now, yari sila dahil mag-co-complain ako at gusto ko ipaabot ang incompetency ng mga tao nila dito sa Marikina sa mga higher ups ng PLDT.. Coz if they promise something, they should abide by it.. Ano yun? Lokohan?

Palagay ko nga yung mga sub-contractor ng pldt ang palpak hindi mismo ang pldt co. & staffs, sila kasi yung nagpro-provide ng service eh

lalo na yung mga linemen nila na sub-con, hindi kikilos hanggat hindi mo binibigyan ng pera at gusto bawat gawin me bayad, syempre sideline nila

pag ayaw ka nila puntahan, di ka nila pupuntahan kahit me service order na o scheduled na last month pa, uunahin nilang puntahan yung mga sideline nila o yung pwde silang kumita.

yan ang sama sa tinatawag na sub-con kadalasan puro kita, sideline at pagka kawartahan nasa isip nila imbis na makapag provide ng magandang serbisyo

Palagay ko nga yung mga sub-contractor ng pldt ang palpak hindi mismo ang pldt co. & staffs, sila kasi yung nagpro-provide ng service eh

lalo na yung mga linemen nila na sub-con, hindi kikilos hanggat hindi mo binibigyan ng pera at gusto bawat gawin me bayad, syempre sideline nila

pag ayaw ka nila puntahan, di ka nila pupuntahan kahit me service order na o scheduled na last month pa, uunahin nilang puntahan yung mga sideline nila o yung pwde silang kumita.

yan ang sama sa tinatawag na sub-con kadalasan puro kita, sideline at pagka kawartahan nasa isip nila imbis na makapag provide ng magandang serbisyo

Not in my case, bro. If you read my complaint closely, the problem was the branch here in our area.. Ang mga tao dito talagang tiga-PLDT (regular employees at matatanda na).. Ito ang mga tamad.. They could not care less if I have been getting an invalid IP Address for two weeks straight.. Ito ang masama ang service.. And repair ng DSL nila ay ginagawa mismo ng regular employees even the rebates.. Sa service palpak ang branch ko..

And with Globe and PLDT, I never had a problem with their subcon men.. Kasi pinupukpok sila ng employers nila coz dun kumikita yung subcon company.. My case with PLDT might be isolated, I really do not know, but I will still complain nonetheless..

• 2 weeks later...
^ To add..

At dahil nagsulat ang father ko ng complaint letter.. Biglang tumawag yung tao na dapat pumunta sa bahay.. Nag-re-reason-out pa ang OGAG.. Palibhasa pinapatawag siya ng Area Head nila.. Dapat lang!!!

I laud your father for taking time to WRITE an actual complaint. Maabala yan kaya hinahayaan na lang ng mga customer. People should take time to DOCUMENT complaints otherwise it would appear that their subcon are doing their job <_<

AND don't believe that when you call 171 that everything is recorded. Sometimes they turn off the tracker "history of complaints" just to create an illusion that customer satisfaction is improving. Ibang klase talaga :thumbsdownsmiley: When you complain, they just try to escape from the problem and avoid confronting the customer.

I suppose they just don't have the resources (technical knowhow, time or whatever) to address the concerns of their clients

• 1 month later...

Well, we've been using PLDT DSL for almost 3 years na and so far okay naman... may mga downtime sila pero 3 days lng kadalasan. If I encounter connection problem and then call them, they schedule agad for a technician to check. Pero most of the time, naayos lng ng hubby ko when he arrived home. I ended up calling them again to cancel the schedule.

For me, tolerable lng ang downtime, it's unavoidable naman talaga. If you really need internet connection for your work, then I suggest to have a backup broadband... medyo expensive pero ganon talaga eh. :) I'm using PLDT We Roam as backup and okay naman, especially pag may brownout kasi my connection pa din.

I don't think they do rebates for few days of downtime... pero I haven't really asked abt it pa naman :D

Edited by Seishi
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't like the attitudes of PLDT's technicals staffs. Grabe ang sungit. As if they know everything. Tataasan ka pa ng boses. Nope this didn't happen to me actually it was my staff who experienced it. I'm about to answer back for my staff sana nung maabutan ko yung sumigaw sa kanya pero I just maintained my cool. I'm not talking about one of PLDT's technical staffs but also for the others. I usually get to office at around 1pm kaya I haven't experienced it pero sa staff ko they experienced it maybe for the 6th time already. Iba-iba pumupunta yet lahat masungit.