The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

Been hearing about the pldtweroam issue, thats why i didnt subscribed to it. There are several options to connect you mobile device(eg laptop, pda, pdaphone, pocket pc, etc.) One connectivity that should be present in all of you mobile devices if you're buying one is the WIFI. Readily, WIFI can give you connect speed of up to 54mpbs to any hotspot and internet speed of up to 512kbps higher depending on the internet connection speed of the hotspot(usually broadband).

Now if you want to connect to the internet on non-hotspot areas, this is where pldtweroam, GPRS, 3G, 3.5G, EDGE technology comes in. Depending on your application, there is an appopriate technology that you can use. If you simply want to surf the internet and not worried about speed and usual disconnection, you can use weroam/gprs/edge capable PC cards that you can install on you laptops. But if you are using VPN applications and other business related application where security and speed is important then you might want to use 3G/edge that can give you up to 1.5mbps of internet speed.

The cost? You pay for weroam/3g/edge cards and subscription on a monthly basis. This is on top of your other monthly connectivity bills(e.g. postpaid mobile, landline, etc.)

But you can actually consolidate your internet connectivity with you montly postpaid mobile subscription. You can buy a 3G or HSDPA capable phone and use your existing post paid sim card. Connect you phone to your laptop and configure it to be used as you internet modem. This can give you internet speeds between 200kpbs upto 1.5mbps. Charges are P10/30mins charged to your postpaid.

Just my 2cents.

Been hearing about the pldtweroam issue, thats why i didnt subscribed to it. There are several options to connect you mobile device(eg laptop, pda, pdaphone, pocket pc, etc.) One connectivity that should be present in all of you mobile devices if you're buying one is the WIFI. Readily, WIFI can give you connect speed of up to 54mpbs to any hotspot and internet speed of up to 512kbps higher depending on the internet connection speed of the hotspot(usually broadband).

Now if you want to connect to the internet on non-hotspot areas, this is where pldtweroam, GPRS, 3G, 3.5G, EDGE technology comes in. Depending on your application, there is an appopriate technology that you can use. If you simply want to surf the internet and not worried about speed and usual disconnection, you can use weroam/gprs/edge capable PC cards that you can install on you laptops. But if you are using VPN applications and other business related application where security and speed is important then you might want to use 3G/edge that can give you up to 1.5mbps of internet speed.

The cost? You pay for weroam/3g/edge cards and subscription on a monthly basis. This is on top of your other monthly connectivity bills(e.g. postpaid mobile, landline, etc.)

But you can actually consolidate your internet connectivity with you montly postpaid mobile subscription. You can buy a 3G or HSDPA capable phone and use your existing post paid sim card. Connect you phone to your laptop and configure it to be used as you internet modem. This can give you internet speeds between 200kpbs upto 1.5mbps. Charges are P10/30mins charged to your postpaid.

Just my 2cents.

so how much would these things cost?

so far so good naman PLDT DSL sa akin, kaso wala pang one week sana di ko ma-experience mga naging problema nyo hehehe PLAN 990 kinuha ko, 384kbps with landline na yun... check ko sa speed tester umaabot 600+kbps sya... kaya so farso good, baka depende rin cguro sa area yung mga nagkaka-problema

• 2 weeks later...

pldt has scheduled my "old analog" telephone line for migration to the nxgn line in my house... they cut the service last april 25 and haven't restored it since... both telephone line and DSL service. they restored that for my neighbors april 27 but have not restored mine as of this writing.

i also applied for their plan 995 landline-tel bundle for my office. they did hook it up after 3 weeks of my having paid the advance monthly fee.

well i think pldt we roam its still in its beginning.......as most of the comments here describe it as slow....in the US my friend subscribe to an internet connection just like we roam and it is fast....bout 300-400kbps....on a remote area.....and i think that we roam should be able to come up with that speed to give it a sense of public appeal. wi fi service in the US costs about 60USD per month on average...plus the wifi card installed in the laptop which costs another 100USD.

my dsl has intermittent access problems, biglang namamatay in different times of the day, sometimes for a few minutes, other times for hours. one time wala siya ng access for 3 days. hirap mag-follow up sa customer hotline nila. di naman nila masabi sa akin kung bakit ganyan. i'm on plan 999, btw.

Bro..i had that problem..i thought we have no access.pero when i tried to reset it a couple of times..meron pala...nawwala...

though extreme problems are DSL sucks at downloading with p2p networks...PLDT is in the list of Worst DSL providers do you know that? ^_^

yung sa amin kapag tinaas ang telepono nawawala internet...hay...
scoobydoo32, do you have that splitter type thingie that PLDT is supposed to issue with their DSL so that you can use the phone without interfering with the DSL?

Also, if you have extensions that doesn't have that doohickey ... yeah, your connection is so screwed.

Bro..i had that problem..i thought we have no access.pero when i tried to reset it a couple of times..meron pala...nawwala...

though extreme problems are DSL sucks at downloading with p2p networks...PLDT is in the list of Worst DSL providers do you know that? ^_^

I'm not surprised. They still have the monopoly mentality, and esp. since you're tied up with a year-long contract, they feel they have you by the balls anyway, so why bother with good service?

tried resettting it several times, to no avail. minsan pag nakaka tsamba, pag tumawag ako sa phone, babalik pagkatapos ung dsl. minsan naman, pag ok ung dsl ko, tapos may tumawag sa phone, napuputol ung dsl.

i also noticed that kapag nagloloko ung DSL ko, whenever i pick up the phone, maingay ung linya. yet the pldt people told me wala naman daw problema. they must think i'm neurotic and just imagining all these.

I'm not surprised. They still have the monopoly mentality, and esp. since you're tied up with a year-long contract, they feel they have you by the balls anyway, so why bother with good service?

tried resettting it several times, to no avail. minsan pag nakaka tsamba, pag tumawag ako sa phone, babalik pagkatapos ung dsl. minsan naman, pag ok ung dsl ko, tapos may tumawag sa phone, napuputol ung dsl.

i also noticed that kapag nagloloko ung DSL ko, whenever i pick up the phone, maingay ung linya. yet the pldt people told me wala naman daw problema. they must think i'm neurotic and just imagining all these.

Not all of the PLDT lines have been converted to the new tech, some are still old, and if your connection is routed through them ... forget trying to d/l anything.

kami 5 weeks na walang dsl sabi pupuntahan daw ng technician araw araw kinukulit na namin awa n Diyos ganun pa din wala pa din nagpupunta....
Write a letter of complaint with a received copy and bring it to any PLDT business center. Have them sign the received copy and date it. If, after that, their repair crews don't show up, you can pretty much avoid paying your DSL fees for the period that DSL is down. After you do that once, your records are flagged that you will indeed raise a ruckus for poor service, the next time you complain they will act upon it PDQ.

yeah to think that destiny sucks....mas okay pa nga yn minsan eh...well sa downloading..walang sinabi yng pldt eh...^_^

Mabilis nga that is kung connected ka.

Most of the time patay sinde patay sinde ung ilaw ng modem ko parang christmas light. Nakakabadtrip

Minsan may kausap akong client tapos namamatay. Wala na luge nako sa ibebebenta ko

Tapos pag tinawagn mo customer service sabi nila baka pc ko daw may virus or what amf!

Inaantay ko nalan gmatapos ung plan namin lilipat ako defintely bulok PLDC.

I have no problem with speed. I have a few ocassional hang ups, but they are very rare.

One thing I hate though, is that if you transfer houses, PLDT charges you SEPARATELY for transfer service. Meaning, you pay 1200 for your line transfer, and an additional 1500 for the DSL transfer. And that is WITHIN THE SAME FRIGGIN' BUILDING

Which is totally LUDRICROUS. I called them, complained, and told them I won't pay the 1500, since once you transfer a phone line to another unit, the DSL remains active.

I have been a long time PLDT subscriber, and it would have cost me nothing if I had my line disconnected and applied for a new line instead.

Stupid, 'no?

Kami naman we wanted our dsl phone line transfered to another location. When the linemen came in they saw that the location was gong to be an office so we have to upgrade the phone line from a residential line to a business line even though it is a home/office. Then when I was applying for the upgrade, the person on the other end told me that they cannot go through with the phone upgrade unless the transfer has been completed or when the order for the transfer has been canceled. Then they're gonna charge us the transfer fee nga. Since we're a small office lang and the business line would cost PhP1,600/month plus the DSL for PhP3,000/month, we've decided to use Globe broadband for PhP998/month and a Bayantel Span for the extra phone line for PhP749/month. Screw you, PLDT!