The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

kami sa bahay 1 month na walang dsl...araw araw na lang nirereport namin sabi pupuntahan daw busy lang daw mga tao nila etc...nakakapanginig na sila ng laman kahapon sinugod ko na yung business center nila sabi kokonte lang naman daw report namin di daw pinapasok ng 172...inis talo talaga mangyayari satin niyan

Guest freyja

i really hate their effing service. kung meron lang globe broadband sa location namin...matagal na akong lumipat. imagine, i've been paying P8k regularly just to get connection speeds of 2.7 mbps...for the past three years 'yan ha. recently, their roving technician told me that the tech support people intentionally limited my connection to only 700 kbps kasi i was under their old plan daw! idiots talaga! i was never under their old plan! gave their tech support people hell. i was asking for credit because they didn't fulfill what was stated in the contract i signed. did i get even a fraction of what i diligently paid all these years? WALA!

my advice: switch if you have globe available in your area. pldt dsl really sucks. bigtime.

I'm paying up nearly 4k just to get a 2mbps speed pero the other people who are also paying that same amount already has 4mbps speed. Sabi daw ng pldt kasi naka fiber optic cable na yung umaabot sa 4mbps at yung samen eh luma pang telephone line. If that's their analogy then I think kasalanan nila yun kasi di naman kami yung nakakabit ng linya ng phone at dapat may discount kami coz were not getting the intended speed.

I subscribed before for a PLDT WeRoam Direct, it was actually working fine until Typhoon Milenyo hit the country. The service was not cut-off but it was a little bit slower than it was before the typhoon struck.

Everything seemed fine until I asked for a change of my public IP address, because those I have are being blocked by an online Open-Relay Blocking website (SORBS). I cannot do anything about it because some of our clients using Fedora have incorporated SORBS into their system, so I really need to get a new range for our public IP. If I don't, our emails will keep on bouncing back. Unfortunately, it took me more than 2 weeks before they actually succumb to my presistent yelling over the phone. The technical people didn't even know what I was trying to explain to them, as if they don't know anything about these types of problem. With a lot of help from them I got plenty of scolding from my boss for the downtime.

• 5 weeks later...

had a landline installed a few months ago. during the 1st few weeks it was ok but then the line went bad e.g. no dial tone when there is one the connection was noisy.

i continuously reported this to 173 but the reports fell to deaf ears. what's worse is they billed me even though i wasn't able to use it.

To be fair, overall, positive naman ang experience ko with PLDT though I did have a problem with them at the beginning.....That time, I had just applied for PLDT broadband services and asked for an upgrade since I felt mabagal yung plan 999 nila.....wanted my DSL to be upgraded to the 2,500/month plan which is the 2nd highest na for residential plans...Anyway, after I asked for the upgrade my service got cut so I called PLDT to inform them about it. After a week or so, I called to follow up with them what's wrong and why am I not back online. The customer service told me that it is scheduled to be fixed the next few days so I made another follow up call after a day or so and I made sure they took down my mobile number just in case I'm not home, they could make an appointment with me as to when my internet service will be fixed......After not hearing from them the next couple of days, I decided to make another follow up call and was told that someone called the landline number that came with the DSL a couple of days ago and of course, since I live by myself and obviously have to work during the day, nobody was home to pick up the phone. I was obviously pissed since I made it a point to leave my mobile number with them just in case they decide to pop by my place to fix my internet service. So I told the customer service rep that since this is a residential account they can't expect people to be there during the day especially during office hour. I asked her if she can at least tell me when and approximately what time they can pop by my place to fix my internet so I can make sure someone is home to let them in. The answer I got was they can't tell daw when or what time the technicians will pop by since the technicians make their own skeds.....what kind of service is that???? That does mean I have to stay in my house all the time hoping the PLDT technicians will show up???? What kind of BS is that???? Isn't the service provider supposed to accomodate the needs of their clients instead of the other way around....and this is a residential account. If this is a commercial account, it is expected that there is always someone there to answer phone calls during office hours. Anyway, I ended uo contacting someone high up in PLDt and my problem was quickly addressed......Buti na lang may kakilala ako.....I mean for such a big company you'd at least expect some form of professionalism from these people.......

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's the story, last July and August, during the time that my computer was down I had purchased IDD Budget cards to call my GF overseas, I know sometimes we called direct IDD but most of the times through the budget card as I keep my cards that I use.

Now, after that billing date, I was sent a bill for 26k pesos.CRAZY (that was including my parents bills and internet) I had told my girlfriend about it and as it turns out the same thing happened to her when she was here in Manila and would call her family over in Australia.

I called the PLDT customer service and I had them give me the mintutes of the call etc and the first time I called, I was given the wrong details this was the detail given to me

1082 - minutes

1434 - minutes=

_______

2516/60= divided by 60 minutes

________

41 - hours

________

19php x 2516 minutes

47xxx

I was told that the calls would be at 19 pesos a minute IDD to Australia and 19 x 2516 is 47+++ thousand. So I had called him out on that and he said to hold as he'd re check

As I guessed around 10 minutes later I was told that 'Sir, nag cracrash yung computer namin eh, tawag nalang kayo bukas' To which I had no choice as they would not connect me to anyone else.

I had called the next day and another agent answered my call and I had asked about these incidents as it happened to my gf, I was then told by the agent (my fault for not getting the name) that they do sometimes overcharge and there was a high possibility that instead of my PH being charged with the IDD card it was charged directly to our phone. (she was able to tell me this as I had told her problems I'd run into when I would call)

The uncontested amount of 11k worth of calls I made I have already paid for. however the rest I was instructed not to pay first as they will run checks on it.

about 2 weeks after I re emailed them asking for updates on the case as I was about to leave for Australia for a visit. By then my dad had gotten pissed and took over emailing the guy as the line is under their name. After my dads email still no 'solid answer'.

And today I got a letter saying they will not honor any of my contested calls as they had it checked with their anti fraud support division whatever BS

1.they said that based on call records completed budget card calls were different from my contested dates. (Now I have about nearly all my cards. I keep them all. Ofcourse I have no idea which date I used each and every one of them but I always bought them to call my GF)

2. They said that calls to US Main and Australia were not placed via budget card, they said the dialled access code is ( 00 ) hence they are ligitimate calls. Now this is what I explained to the agent way back during my 2nd call. I asked about if they had problems with that and they said they did because after you dial the number on the card, it asks you to dial 00. So she said it's possible they stuffed up and directly charged it.

3. they said that the charge category for my calls is under (01) which is apparently calling to another telephone number while it should be (19) for outgoing free phone call.

The problems I told the agent before were the FF

1.When I'd dial the 00 + country code + area code + destination, it would only go blank for about a minute then I would be asked to dial again.

2. Same as 1 but there would be no 2nd voice prompt. When I'd press the plunger of the phone and dial 10 10 11 it would tell me to re dial the number

3. when I'd press the plunger it would tell me to dial the number right away.

4. The PH would ring on my end but never on my girlfriends phone. AND after it rings on mine it deducts on the card or I suppose in my case, adds directly to the phone bill.

Has anyone ever experienced this with them? It's so stressing and time consuming :grrr: I've just about run out of patience with them. :grrr:

I guess my only next step is to go back to one of their offices to file yet another complaint. If there are members here with PLDT please PM me so as to keep you anonymous. I would just like some clarification. Thank you!

hay tama na english. haha. nakaka inis lang kasi

Guest Leviticus

not exactly a complaint but my experience with PLDT.

when I was living in baguio I had a pldt line connected to our house. ok.. but napansin namin that there were a surprising amount of wrong numbers asking for a certain lawyer's office. me and my brother just deduced that some @sshole lawer got his advertising wrong or he just printed his business card wrong so we let it pass.

after a month the bill arrived. lo and behold! we were charged 12k for a month! there was even a long distance call to Aparri and Tuguegarao! sheesh! ni wala nga akong kakilala sa mga lugar na yun, let alone know where those places are. aside from that ay sangkatutak na cellphone calls ang nakalagay.

daladala ang bill I went to the pldt office to complain, and asked them the specific dates when the long distance calls and cellphone calls from our phone was made (baka sakaling may pinsan akong nakigamit ng phone; but that's impossible). they did a check and told me that the phone calls were made THREE MONTHS ago. I told them that's impossible as our phone line was just installed that month. how in the world did we incur charges three months ago?!?

turns out what we had was an old number that was reassigned to us. the previous owner of the number was (you've guessed it) a law firm.

but they still asked us to pay for the phone bill! WTF!!! asked them bakit kami magbabayad, ang sagot ba naman ay dahil nakalagay na sa amin ang name ng phone line so therefore sagot na namin ang bill. sh3t! (just remembering it makes my blood boil). ano yun pinatransfer ko ba ang number ng previous owner and pumirma ako ng contract na babayaran ko ang bill nya from three months ago?!? no f@cking way!

after a month of going to the pldt office almost on a daily basis we finally won the charges. maybe a retarded pencil-pusher finally realized the discrepancies of the dates and dropped the charges. they even offered us a new number but no f@cking way (put@ng ina ninyong PLDT!!!) pinaputol na lang namin at once ang telepono! tutal naka cellphone naman kaming lahat, dagdag load na lang instead of a monthly bill that would arrive.

never again did we consider the services of PLDT (except Smart pre-paid, but that's another story).

Edited by Leviticus

Kuwento ko lang din experience ko sa PLDT DSL.

Plan 999 ako at wala naman problema for the first few months. Pero lately,around 2 or 3 months ago, bigla na lang napuputol ang DSL ko for a few seconds to minutes then magkakaroon ulit. Nakakainis kasi I work at home sometimes and I use the internet for it. Isa pa, I talk to my Dad via voice service ng Yahoo Messenger. Everytime naguusap kami, napuputol ang DSL, namamatay yung lights na "DSL" and "internet" sa modem ko. Tawag ako ng twag sa 171 and puro bullsh*t answer na "gagawan ng report" ang binibigay sakin. Eventually, nagpadala ng technician sa bahay. Di man lang tiningnan modem, sinabi agad kailangan daw ng "filter." Kawawa naman ako, di naman ako marunong sa mga ganyan so naniwala ako. Later sinabi ng friend ko na may-ari ng net cafe na naloko daw ako ng technician at hindi daw filter ang dahilan. Ewan ko, pero bibili na ako ng filter.

Oh, and I was at first polite to the CSRs pero eventually, I became almost abusive to them. Kawawa naman pero sila lang ang puwedeng ko pagbuntungan ng galit ko eh. Their company is teh suck. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Guest Leviticus

^^hehe.. filter. ano yan, aquarium? if there was no problem before and then a problem developed, you are not obligated to add another hardware to compensate for their inefficiency. enough na dapat that you met their hardware specifications and OS.

Edited by Leviticus

ako rin abusive din sa phone agents nila since most of them are not helpful. marami pa mga bastos at pabalang kung magsasagot. ewan ko kung meron quality assurance ang CS ng pldt. sobrang tagal ang hihintayin before they send someone to your house.

Kuwento ko lang din experience ko sa PLDT DSL.Plan 999 ako at wala naman problema for the first few months. Pero lately,around 2 or 3 months ago, bigla na lang napuputol ang DSL ko for a few seconds to minutes then magkakaroon ulit. Nakakainis kasi I work at home sometimes and I use the internet for it. Isa pa, I talk to my Dad via voice service ng Yahoo Messenger. Everytime naguusap kami, napuputol ang DSL, namamatay yung lights na "DSL" and "internet" sa modem ko. Tawag ako ng twag sa 171 and puro bullsh*t answer na "gagawan ng report" ang binibigay sakin. Eventually, nagpadala ng technician sa bahay. Di man lang tiningnan modem, sinabi agad kailangan daw ng "filter." Kawawa naman ako, di naman ako marunong sa mga ganyan so naniwala ako. Later sinabi ng friend ko na may-ari ng net cafe na naloko daw ako ng technician at hindi daw filter ang dahilan. Ewan ko, pero bibili na ako ng filter. Oh, and I was at first polite to the CSRs pero eventually, I became almost abusive to them. Kawawa naman pero sila lang ang puwedeng ko pagbuntungan ng galit ko eh. Their company is teh suck. :thumbsdownsmiley:
bakit ikaw ang bibili sir? di ba dapat sila ang mag provide kung meron mang kakulangan/problema sa service nila.
ako rin abusive din sa phone agents nila since most of them are not helpful. marami pa mga bastos at pabalang kung magsasagot. ewan ko kung meron quality assurance ang CS ng pldt. sobrang tagal ang hihintayin before they send someone to your house.bakit ikaw ang bibili sir? di ba dapat sila ang mag provide kung meron mang kakulangan/problema sa service nila.

Namputsa, oo nga eh. Pangtanggal lang pala ng hiss and static sa landline yung "filter" na yun. Di na nga ako bumili. Anyway, same problem pa rin pero tolerable as long as I take my sedatives. Hehehehe.

Ako naman ng aapply ng PLDT DSL Plan 999. tumawag ako sa 171, the next day may tao na para maginspect para daw malaman kung saan ilalagat yugn cable. Ayun inspect si Mr. Inspector. after mga 15-20 mins balik siya sa bahay namen sabay sabi, wala pa po kayong linya para sa DSL kung gusto niyo po eh mgpapalatag po kayo P4500 ang gastos. Ang suggestion ko po eh kausapin niyo ang mga kapitbahay niyo na magpakabit na den tas hati hati n lng kayo.

Shempre ndi ako makapaniwala na ako sinisingil sa paglatag ng cable, dba dapat company investment yun? So ng tanong ako kung gnun talaga ang policy ng PLDT. Sabi ni Mr. Inspector gnun daw talaga dahil malulugi daw sila pag nglatag sila ng cable tas kme lng ang client nila.

Understandable naman yung point nila pero ang akin lng naman eh to make money you have to spend money. Kung ndi nilalatagan yung area namen ng cable ndi talaga sila mgkakaclient dun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

guys, try nyo dun magcomplain sa website nila, thru e-mail. merong link don sa customer service nila wherein ieemail mo yung complaint mo. surprisingly, me sumasagot. nakakagulat nga eh. at naaayos pa nila yung problema. dati kasi nawala yung dial tone ng phoneline namin. inabot ng more than one month wala kaming telepono. grabe. kahit araw arawin namin yung tawag sa 173 wala talagang nangyayari. ipapaputol na nga namin yung linya eh. one time naisipan kong mag-email ng complaint ko dun sa website nila. kailangan lang alam mo yung acct number nyo at kung kanino nakapangalan yung telepono. nagulat ako nung sagutin nila yung e-mail ko mga wala pang isang linggo. its a miracle! tapos after ilang days me dumating na lineman sa min at naayos din yung telepono namin. its hard to believe pero try nyo kung me problema kayo sa lines nyo. wala talagang mangyayari kung tatawag lang kayo sa 171 or 173. ewan ko nga kung para saan pa yung mga voice csr nila eh. mga walang silbi.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraud yan bro!

one tip in complaining you should sound irrate and tell the csr you should talk to their manager for prompt action.

another one is relax kayo pero sound galit. mahirap na baka ma stroke ka!

cheers!

Well here's the story, last July and August, during the time that my computer was down I had purchased IDD Budget cards to call my GF overseas, I know sometimes we called direct IDD but most of the times through the budget card as I keep my cards that I use.

Now, after that billing date, I was sent a bill for 26k pesos.CRAZY (that was including my parents bills and internet) I had told my girlfriend about it and as it turns out the same thing happened to her when she was here in Manila and would call her family over in Australia.

I called the PLDT customer service and I had them give me the mintutes of the call etc and the first time I called, I was given the wrong details this was the detail given to me

1082 - minutes

1434 - minutes=

_______

2516/60= divided by 60 minutes

________

41 - hours

________

19php x 2516 minutes

47xxx

I was told that the calls would be at 19 pesos a minute IDD to Australia and 19 x 2516 is 47+++ thousand. So I had called him out on that and he said to hold as he'd re check

As I guessed around 10 minutes later I was told that 'Sir, nag cracrash yung computer namin eh, tawag nalang kayo bukas' To which I had no choice as they would not connect me to anyone else.

I had called the next day and another agent answered my call and I had asked about these incidents as it happened to my gf, I was then told by the agent (my fault for not getting the name) that they do sometimes overcharge and there was a high possibility that instead of my PH being charged with the IDD card it was charged directly to our phone. (she was able to tell me this as I had told her problems I'd run into when I would call)

The uncontested amount of 11k worth of calls I made I have already paid for. however the rest I was instructed not to pay first as they will run checks on it.

about 2 weeks after I re emailed them asking for updates on the case as I was about to leave for Australia for a visit. By then my dad had gotten pissed and took over emailing the guy as the line is under their name. After my dads email still no 'solid answer'.

And today I got a letter saying they will not honor any of my contested calls as they had it checked with their anti fraud support division whatever BS

1.they said that based on call records completed budget card calls were different from my contested dates. (Now I have about nearly all my cards. I keep them all. Ofcourse I have no idea which date I used each and every one of them but I always bought them to call my GF)

2. They said that calls to US Main and Australia were not placed via budget card, they said the dialled access code is ( 00 ) hence they are ligitimate calls. Now this is what I explained to the agent way back during my 2nd call. I asked about if they had problems with that and they said they did because after you dial the number on the card, it asks you to dial 00. So she said it's possible they stuffed up and directly charged it.

3. they said that the charge category for my calls is under (01) which is apparently calling to another telephone number while it should be (19) for outgoing free phone call.

The problems I told the agent before were the FF

1.When I'd dial the 00 + country code + area code + destination, it would only go blank for about a minute then I would be asked to dial again.

2. Same as 1 but there would be no 2nd voice prompt. When I'd press the plunger of the phone and dial 10 10 11 it would tell me to re dial the number

3. when I'd press the plunger it would tell me to dial the number right away.

4. The PH would ring on my end but never on my girlfriends phone. AND after it rings on mine it deducts on the card or I suppose in my case, adds directly to the phone bill.

Has anyone ever experienced this with them? It's so stressing and time consuming :grrr: I've just about run out of patience with them. :grrr:

I guess my only next step is to go back to one of their offices to file yet another complaint. If there are members here with PLDT please PM me so as to keep you anonymous. I would just like some clarification. Thank you!

hay tama na english. haha. nakaka inis lang kasi

^ advice ko lang, wag kang kukuha ng wireless ng globe, daming problema, magsisisi ka lang.