The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

• 1 month later...

Guys do not get this product , its the worst provider . Speed test shows 47bps !!! Ano ito talo pa dialup !!Costumer service sucks puro SORRY , we apologize & etc. I feel short changed for paying the full amount for a fraction of its service.I had made 5 ( or more ) calls to them & not a single call back . Landline calls drop every 5 mins . CRAPPY SERVICE!!!

[size="6"]DO NOT GET THIS INTERNET@HOME [/size]

They have the worst service by far.. when you have a problem with your landline, their customer service reps just ask the basic questions like robots... all they do is apologize (like it's SOP to do so . "pasensiya po...") Nabibili ang "pasensiya" sa grocery, pero di niyo mabigay ng justisiya ang service niyo...!

• 2 weeks later...

After having had the chance to use telecommunication services of other countries in SEA. One can say that our telcos' services are truely horrible. In particular, the broadband services, as other countries are steadily improving their capacity, ours has been stagnant. Subscribing to a broadband plan, the telco can only tell you: "maximum" of **KBps/MBps. Reason? poor quality of the lines, poor capacity forcing subscribers to share bandwidth, charging us a big amount such low bandwidth and poor service. The definition of broadband is changing... In other parts, when one subscribes to a landline with broadband (at prices for the 2MBps broadband only here, they are given at least 7MBps and a free mobile of 2MBps (that's a GUARANTEED speed!, NOT "maximum of" bull like what we get). Its so sad that they (telcos) say they are improving things, its already been several years and what improvement can they show? NOTHING!!!. You telcos primarily think about short term return on investment, you should think long term. Short-term is mainly for your benefit (SELFISH!!!), long-term takes into account what our country will need, for its development and future. Think about it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay naman ang PLDT when it works.. but when it doesn't, sangkaterbang sakit ng ulo ang ibibigay sayo.

I've had my PLDT DSL for around 5 years now. I encounter problems with it siguro at least twice a year. Aabutin ng 5 followup at 1 week na walang internet bago maayos ulit.

tama.... matagal na rin kaming client ng pldt, i think meron kaming 12 landlines all in all sa kanila...mejo mahal nga lang ang monthly mrr nila compare sa ibang telco.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess PLDT is the LEAST worst DSL Provider of em all... Mas consistent ang speed nila kapag walang topak.. Kaya lang madalas may topak.. But having tried two different DSL providers before, mas ok ang PLDC... err.. PLDT.

TIP: when calling their help desk, always ask for offsite testing or onsite test.. kasi puro BOBO ang help desk nila.. Kelangan technician nila ang gumawa. Don't even let them read their script like.... 1) how many pc is connected.. 2) your operating system... 3) your modem lights.... 4) your mothers maiden name.... etc etc.... Just go direct to the point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yun nga ginawa ko. kinulit ko ng kinulit hanggang sa binanggit ko yung rebate. aba kinabuksan dumating yung technician. ayun solb ang problem. banggitin nyo lang kung magkakaron ba kayo ng rebate habang di mo magamit yung phone/dsl line mo magiging mabilis ang serbisyo nila. minsan pa nga on that day na nagreport ka ng problem sa line mo on that day din darating yung technician.

just call them everyday, eventually mapapailis pag solve sa problems niyo :)

• 2 months later...

PLDT braodband worst service ever in S@n Juan.

last year 2010, i had 2-3 weeks intermittent connection / month starting June noong nag-upgrade sila until november. Ngayon feb 2011 umuulit na naman. pumangit pa yun pag connect sa online gaming server sa ibang bansa... hay............

Ok ba Globe?

I just wanted to share my recent experience with PLDT. My bill was due last week but I was out of the country and was unable to pay it. I got to pay the bill last Monday. Then came Tuesday, I was unable to use my DSL service and instead of being able to browse the net, I received a message from PLDT saying that I had to settle 2.7k (which was twice the amount on my bill) so that I could receive my services again.

I called up 171 and spoke with a rep named Renz. I explained the situation to him and even gave the details of my payment made at a Bayad Center. He explained that it normailly takes 2-3 business days for payments made at Bayad Centers to post and that service will automatically be restored once the payment is posted. I found it unacceptable and asked him to have my service restored. He said he couldn't. I asked to be escalated to his manager. He put me on hold and then the line got cut. I dialled 171 again. After a long time waiting, I finally spoke with another rep, Reg naman ang name. Aside from my main concern, I also complained about the cut call that I got from the previous rep. While I was still speaking, the line again got cut. This infuriated me further.

I visited the nearest PLDT business office and detailed my concern. My point was, the payment has been made, I already presented the proof of payment, why are they still waiting for the amount to be posted? Don't they trust that the Bayad centers would be able to remit the payment? Don't they trust their system? Still, the people I spoke to would not commit to restoring my service. They were adamant that payment had to be posted first and that's the time my service will be restored. No consideration for a long-time customer, no consideration for an account that is not delinquent. I guess PLDT needs to get their money first before providing service to their customers.

I've also experienced the same. I lost service for a few days. But part of it was my fault since i wasn't to pay on the due date. I think that's what it's for. Kung credit card nga yan sigurado may late charges once di mo ma-settle ang bill on the due date. So one lesson I've learned is never to delay payment so as not to encounter the same situation. Peace!

PLDC is the ONLY choice here in my area. Walang Cable DSL, Bayantel is unheard of, Wireless signals are VERY weak because of high rise buildings in my area. That being said, EVERYONE is connected to PLDC and the dropouts are unbelievable!! Sobrang congested na ang they're still accepting new connections. WTF???!!! You can't get a decent continuous sync if you're not willing to wait until the wee hours of the morning. Mabuti na lang puro gurang na ang mga tao sa lugar so my brothers and I are the only ones up at that hour.