Fuel Saving Tips

mga boss may tanong ako...

auto ko ngaun is automatic transmission with electronic controlled transmission... kailangan b lagi itong nka-on para makatipid s gas or in certain situations lng and kailan dapat gamitin ito... tnx ng madami... nasanay ako s manual kc... tnx!

Sir,

Yung ECT sa Toyota auto transmission yan. Kapag hindi naka-pindot o "normal" mode nasa save mode siya. Pag naka-pindot, nasa power mode siya. Sa power mode, mas mataas ang rev ng engine bago siya mag-shift sa next higher gear. Iwan mong hindi naka-pindot para tipid.

Tapos dahil VVT-i naman engine mo, hindi kailangan apakan ng malalim ang pedal para pagalawin ang sasakya. Easy ka lang sa pag apak sa pedal matipid ang sasakyan mo. Pindotin mo lang pag nagmamadali ka.

don't drive like a maniac. rapid acceleration and braking = wasted fuel.

kung yung auto mo matanda na at bumababa ang fuel mileage, ganyan talaga. wag ka na umasang gaganda pa mileage nyan. magpalit ka na ng auto. wag kayo maniwala sa khaos o anumang kabalbalan na fuel saving devices. WALANG KAHIT ISANG FUEL SAVING DEVICE ANG DUMAAN SA INDEPENDENT LABORATORY TESTING.

• 2 weeks later...
Maintaining speed at 80 kph (on highways, that is) is an effective way of saving fuel - tried and proved it myself. :thumbsupsmiley:

Not exactly.. sinasabi lang yun sa express ways so yung mga drivers hindi tumakbo ng mabilis.. you might be running at higher revs at higher speed pero masmabilis ang byahe. i tried driving an fx 80kph, 100kph and 140kph sa nlex.. pero it turned out na tipid ung 140kph even im running at around 5Trpm.. back and fort araneta ave and tabang exit usually takes me 25min pag 80kph, 8km/l while 10-15min lang in smooth acceleration 100-140kph, 10km/l.. it doesn't mean masmababa rpm mastipid ka, mababa nga rpm mo pero mabigat tapak mo, mas malaki bukas ng throttle mo thus more air and fuel is pumped into your engine.. I'm not saying that you should drive faster! you might save fuel pero you're increasing the risk at makadamay! siguro pag walang traffic ok lang, your choice, your risk.. pero i like driving fast.. ;)

if your idling for more than a minute stop your engine... one start-up is equal to one minute of idling in fuel consumption...[/b]

as for shutting the engine of, engines usually consume a lot of fuel in order to start the engine.. dahil mabigat paikotin ang engine from a strating point of 0.. it's like riding a bike, its easier to maintain a smooth speed than pagnakahinto tapos papatakbohin palng.. i've tried doing that sa stoplights pero it doesn't work at all.. unless sa traffic that is not moving for 5-10min.. or pagpababa, i usually turn off the engine pag traffic then e-brake nlng.. dont worry, hindi totoong masisira e-brake mo, e-brake is just a mechanical brake same with how brakes in bikes work.. cable type lang brake w/o the help of the hydrobx..

• 2 weeks later...
the best way to save on fuel is to accelerate gradually with a constant pressure on the accelerator - once at the speed you desire keep the pressure.

Stop start accelerating where you press and then release, press and then release wastes a lotta petrol - drive at a constant speed

this is so true..easy lang sa accelarator and ull get some savings on gas consumption.

wag kang humataw ng humataw sa kalye yun ang matipid

for diesel powered vehicles try running your engine at around 2000 rpm at the highest possible gear. at this engine speed i'll be cruising at around 80 kph with the fifth in gear. got this tip from an engineer friend working for isuzu philippines .

• Like (+1) 1
for diesel powered vehicles try running your engine at around 2000 rpm at the highest possible gear. at this engine speed i'll be cruising at around 80 kph with the fifth in gear. got this tip from an engineer friend working for isuzu philippines .

pwede ring 1750 rpm....para mas matipid at flat road surface naman dinaraanan mo...refrain from abrupt acceleration,braking,and cornering....

easy lang sa accelerator....iwasan ang bomba ng bomba....sa gawaing ito maraming nasasayang na gasolina o crudo don't go beyond 80 kph (highway) ang 35 kph (city) kung automatic tranny ka naman gaanan iwasan ang prating pag floor ng accelerator pedal nabibigla kc ang torque converter

if you can, always put a full tank of gas everytime you make a trip to a gasoline station rather than loading gas bit by bit....

if your weekly gas consumption is 1400 pesos, load the 1400 of gas at one time rather than putting 200 pesos a day....especially on diesel...

i dont know if this make sense to anyone but based on my experience it lasts longer when i do it this way..

• 2 weeks later...

if you can, always put a full tank of gas everytime you make a trip to a gasoline station rather than loading gas bit by bit....

if your weekly gas consumption is 1400 pesos, load the 1400 of gas at one time rather than putting 200 pesos a day....especially on diesel...

i dont know if this make sense to anyone but based on my experience it lasts longer when i do it this way..

I think i can explain this...if you have a full tank of gas, then there's not much air in the fuel tank meaning, evaporation is limited thus fuel is saved, dba lesser fuel will have a greater surface area sa fuel tank therefore chances of evaporation is greater whereas a full tank will have lesser surface area therefore evaporation is less...I noticed na mas nakakatipid pag full tank parati, so half full palang nagkakarga na ako ng gas...im no Einstein so correct me if im wrong, this is just my hypothesis

• 3 weeks later...

I think i can explain this...if you have a full tank of gas, then there's not much air in the fuel tank meaning, evaporation is limited thus fuel is saved, dba lesser fuel will have a greater surface area sa fuel tank therefore chances of evaporation is greater whereas a full tank will have lesser surface area therefore evaporation is less...I noticed na mas nakakatipid pag full tank parati, so half full palang nagkakarga na ako ng gas...im no Einstein so correct me if im wrong, this is just my hypothesis

fuel only evaporates when not sealed shut, fuel tanks are sealed to prevent fuel from getting out as a design.. and as for having a full tank, it gives you more weight to carry around thus needs more power. if may gas station along your daily route, then better na huwag marami magpagas since masmabigat pag ganon..

I definitely agree on this... Notice how a softdrink bottle when open makes that hissing sound! This is the escape of the carbonated water as it has expanded inside the bottle. Our fuel tanks are pretty much the same. Less volume space for the fuel vapors to expand, the less it will. Notice also the sound of "pfffttt" everytime you open your tank. this is the fuel vapor escaping. The more often times you do this, the more you give a bigger volume of space for the fuel to vaporize inside your tank and again, as the cycle continues, the more it expands the more it vaporizes, the more it escapes everytime you open you gas tank to fill in a few liters worth.

As for the weight it carries, it is highly negligible compared to the vapor that escapes every time the gas cap is opened and the volume of space inside is loosened up. I have already read this in another forum and even two TV programs have suggested this, to have your gas tank filled by as much liquid fuel as possible. Yun lang po....

Just my two cents worth.

• 3 weeks later...
Yung "fuel miser' invention nang isang pinoy, kinakabit sa part nang engine (valve?), anyone had this gadget on their car? Nakakatipid ba talaga? May scientific data ba nito?

I'm not familiar with this miser pero as i've mentioned in page 10 before, giving the engine more power to improve power-weight ratio would definitely help you save fuel.. tried and tested on my experience.. improving the fuel-air mixture, better air flow, etc... just the basics, don't over do it or you'll just end up consuming more fuel.. probably ganon lang din un..

post-133290-1195831009.jpg

post-133290-1195831640.jpg