Fuel Saving Tips

I don't recommend disengaging gears by shifting to neutral. Your tires lose traction and if there's a need for emergency stopping, there's no engine braking. Safety outweighs other considerations, including saving on fuel, long run or not.

I once read an article in a broadsheet sometime ago saying you should even switch off the engine when all you have ahead of you is open road - just to conserve gasoline. Nothing could've been more harebrained.

Isn't it that when you glide, your engine is still up and running? I agree with you on the second paragraph re: switching off the engine. With this method, you also switch off the vacuum power necessary to engage your brakes.

However, I do not think cars lose wheel traction when you 'glide'. As said, you can engage your braking system at any time, down shift (effectively doing an engine brake), or a combination of the two, when the need arises.

• 1 month later...

Fuel Additive Formula,

Pure acetone can safely be added to the fuel in the amount of 2 to 3 ounces per 10 gallons of gasoline.

This superb mileage additive is technically dimethylketone and found in many hardware stores labeled as 100% acetone.

Add xylene in the same amount.

Advantage, exponentially increases engine life; Lowers surface tension in your fuel molecules so the fuel will evaporate fully to provide more power, lower emissions and greater mileage.

It is still a question; some people have fun experimenting with acetone on the other hand other people seem strongly against the idea,

Guess I have a little mad scientist thinking.

I’m not suggesting any one use acetone,

That is not my purpose in posting this,

My intention is to gain a consensus of opinion,

In my opinion its worth looking into if for nothing more than the purposed decrees in upper cylinder ware that comes from the higher fuel burning efficiently,

Louis LaPointe has been testing, I only know Louis LaPointe from his postings.

Here is a link

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

I think most things have been in some ways reverse engineered if only a few parts are reverse engineered

One percent or less if it’s a crucial component that could have a big effect

Guest fhoryou

Instead of saving how about not using gas.

But a car doesn't use a gasoline, diesel or any form of fuel.

If you buy an electric car it eat up your electric bill everytime you charge it up to an outlet.

How about get an airpowered engine.

There one from italy but it runs only 60kph here is from korean it is more developed and its been in prodcution.

This one runs 120kph its faster but its a mini car like a toyota starlet.

http://www.energine.com/images/content/e_phev_11.gif

Here diagram of the engine.

http://www.energine.com/images/content/e_phev_13.gif

• 1 month later...

dapat critical thinker ka sa mga ganitong bagay... para sakin lahat ito ay myth lang at hindi talagang nakakatulong... kung meron man naititipid, very insignificant.... ipangbili mo nalang ng gas yung pera mo...

the best way to save gas is your driving style, good car maintenance, remove unecessary weight sa oto at kung bibili ka ng oto, syempre honda jazz na 1.3 CVT... yung na ang pinaka matipid sa ngayun...

Guest carlowe5

fuel saving devices sold here are crap. the khaos fuel saver a.k.a. super turbo charger (what a name) is an old "invention" already and is also known as an air-bleed device. check tsikot.com, there is a very lengthy thread there.

There's a site on the internet that casts a very doubtful eye on all these devices. (Will check on url later). The logic is that if these devices really worked, the car companies would have put these into their cars already. Also, there does not seem to be a test standard that is followed by all those who are promoting these devices.

Some of these devices work because after the owner installs the device, he suddenly has a very light foot on the gas pedal, if only to make the device pay for itself. Actually, proper driving techniques can save a lot of gas, and it doesn't cost anything.

myth: these devices help u save on gas..

fact: these devices dont do anything to help u save gas..

lol..

pero tama.. if ever meron man, sobrang insignificant.. personal experience, we have 2 identical cars, one with khaos, another without.. everytime we compare milage with each full tank, i get at least equal, or better mileage.. my car is the one wihout the khaos installed..

• 3 weeks later...