Fuel Saving Tips

Let the revs rise naturally. Avoid high-RPM gear changes, you'll get to your speed eventually, even with moderate throttle pressure and early upshifts. Once you hit your speed, maintain it; do not overshoot it.

Drive smoothly. Avoid sudden maneuvering and braking---braking is one of the biggest wastes of momentum and energy, and you have to burn gas to regain your lost momentum. To drive smoothly, take a long view of the road so you can plan your movements in advance accordingly.

Maintain your car's mechanicals religiously.

this is one of the best fuel saving tips.

and if u dont necessarly need to hit on the brakes (like if u need to keep a distance) just take your foot off the accelerator.

use public transpo.

car pool

use a bicycle

take a hike

you dont just save on gas, you also help the environment. you keep your body healthy by walking or biking. and, you earn friends. isa pa, ma improve ang vitality nyo para mas maging menyaks kayo.

I just recently read an article about a car that uses compressed air as its fuel developed by MDI(Moteur Developpment International) of France. This car allegedly can run up to 4000 kilometers in one full tank. This car have been conceived for city use, where the maximum speed is 50 km/h and where MDI believes polluting will soon be prohibited. I am not an expert or an engineer and to judge for yourself if indeed this is legit car you go to this site. http://www.theaircar.com/thecar.html This will surely help us save from expensive oil and likewise we will help save our environment.

Sabihin ko sana, don't idle the engine, kaya lang, paano naman ang grabeng traffic sa metro manila. Sana meyron nang hybrid cars gaya nang toyota prius or honda civic. I think it is ideal for metro manila traffic. mag labas kaya ang toyota o honda dito sa pinas?

These are the factors in fuel consumtion:

It depends on how you drive your car and how well you know cars. specially yours. I used to drive my mom's Nissan Xtrail for a year, it is a 2.0L FWD ver,i like its power steering, sporty suspensions, handles sharp curves well, great handling for a SUV, good break performance(don't like it the ABS is activated), so far city driving gives me 6.5-6.7km/L. around 8-9km/L in long driving. everything depends on the driver. the 2.0 ver I used to drive, is under power and A/T makes the car heavier for the engine. while the 250X, 2.5L 4x4 ver have better power to weight ratio. it is more economical than it's 2.0L and has more kick. around 180hp i guess.. and a friend of mine bought one, and i asked for it's consumption, and he said approx. 8km/L city driving. for over powered engine, it burns a lot of fuel but really doesn't need it.. American SUVs like for Expedition is designed for towing. But I've only seen a ford Expedition used for towing once, and it's a jets ski. I have a friend who owns 98 or 99 V8 Expedition, he claims that his ford is around 4-5km/L. And he often takes SLEX since he lived somwhere in Ayala Alabang and work at Makati, for the explorer, i'm not sure but if i'm right, i guess it is ford's compact SUV, I've seen one in Greenhills last year promoting ford's new (that time) compact SUV, they say it comes with a V6 and a whooping 300hp V8 w00t.gif , but why would I need a 300hp compact SUV?? that's way over powered.. Unless I want speed and acceleration then I'll give it a go.. but i still like the lighter jap ver X-trail with the 2.0L SR20VET engine that delivers 280hp.. nice.. thumbsupsmiley.gif no offense but after driving a CRV of the same class, 2.0L A/T FWD, it sucks, a bit.. even the owner agrees with me.. she regrets getting the CRV over the Xtrail..

if any one here ever owned a Tamaraw FX 7K, then that's a good example for an under powered vehicle, my dad has a 1998 Tamaraw FX, toyota davao claims that it has 95hp, but it's 1.8L gasoline engine really delivers 76hp and 137nm of torque, and later shipped to manila for my temp car for college.. I didn't use it that much to go to school, but i use it to go to the gym at night, i leave my place at 7pm and get back home at 11pm, E.rod-araneta ave to Eastwood.. gas consumption is 5-5.5km/L stock, removed a portion of the exhaust and changed the single carb to twin down carbs, gives a lot of power than before, from 18sec 0-100 compared to the present 15.1sec, and now it's 6.8-7.5km/L, around 8km/L for long noisy trips, not much because of its really short 5th gear.. w/ A/C-w/o A/C.. FX's dual A/C eats a lot of power, I really can feel it specially when I some engine mods have been made..

for deisel engines, it's really under power that's why most have turbochargers, usually it consumes a lot of fuel because drivers usually have a heavy foot on the gas pedal since it doesn't deliver power for the speed the driver wants, thus, more fuel is pumped into the engine to give more power.. and it cost a lot for a change oil.. i don't know why but it does, that's why deisel engines are seldomly maintained well.. but so far, a 1990 5 cylinder 2.5L deisel benz sedan 190D body my friend owns consumes 15-17km/L. and a crosswind runs at 13km/L.

there is a lot to consider for gas consumption.. Gasoline or Deisel engine, driver, technology of the engine, engine's displacement to power ratio hp/L and determine if it has good compression, weight to power ratio hp/ton, engine's power band, type of intake (efi/carb), sensors(afm/map), ect.. Natural aspiration or Forced induction (hi/low rpm boost), transmission M/T or A/T and its gear ratios, 2WD or AWD, weather, and most of all, what is the vehicle for? is it for long trips? city driving? uphill or off road? is it for towing or for family car?

it sure is great to a have an engine with H2O for its fuel.. specool.gif i wonder what happened to that Filipino inventor i saw in channel 2 before..

another thing, mostly when we are use to drive a certain car, we usually get use to its acceleration and starting to feel or to think like it is slower than before and we tend to push it a little to feel the acceleration, but actually it's one reason why some of our vehicles consumes more after a while because of our need for speed.. well, that's based on me and a couple of my friends, after driving a slow diesel powered Mitsubishi Space Gear, at first, it's aroung 9-10km/L then after 3 weeks it began to increase its consumption to 6-7km/L, it is because kabisado na namin how to drive it, that's why we're starting to complain about its acceleration. and we often step on the gas further that's why it consumes more. That's a good example of the driver factor i was mentioning before and power to weight ratio for the acceleration. it can be improved with a little help for a bigger turbo and an intercooler.. happy.gif

post-133290-1184165132.jpg

mga boss may tanong ako...

auto ko ngaun is automatic transmission with electronic controlled transmission... kailangan b lagi itong nka-on para makatipid s gas or in certain situations lng and kailan dapat gamitin ito... tnx ng madami... nasanay ako s manual kc... tnx!

Best Practices for Driving

Before driving your vehicle, make sure it is properly maintained. Bring your vehicle promptly to the shop when you are notified of a scheduled preventative maintenance inspection or when you notice a change in the performance of the vehicle. Tune-ups and a regular maintenance program can save 4% on average in fuel. Keep your front suspension and steering properly aligned and repair body damage.

Be sure the tires are properly inflated. Under-inflated tires can cost as much as 1 mpg. Generally, studies indicate that keeping proper air pressure can improve your gas mileage by 3.3%. Make sure the tires are checked for proper pressure at least once per month and every time the vehicle is fueled.

Don't use premium fuel if your car does not require it; using it is an unnecessary expense. Getting the best fuel economy depends not only on how the vehicle is maintained, but also on how it is driven. Here are some fuel-saving driving tips to follow:

1. Avoid extended warm-ups. Modern engines do not require it. As soon as your vehicle is drivable, accelerate gently and slowly for the first few blocks until the vehicle is fully warmed.
  2. Don't drive fast until the engine has fully warmed to normal operating temperature.
  3. Don't carry unnecessary equipment and minimize drag. Weight is the largest single factor in fuel usage, and every extra hundred pounds in cargo costs about 1% in fuel economy. Keep your trunk and backseat clear of any unnecessary items.
  4. Avoid unnecessary idling. One minute of idling uses more fuel than it takes to restart the engine. Prolonged idling uses fuel at the rate of about ½ gallon per hour. During a six month span in 2005, Safelite Group, an auto glass service company, decreased gasoline usage in their fleet of vans and light duty trucks by 6% after implementing a corporate initiative, called “Turn It Off – Idling Gets You Nowhere.” Remember, when you idle, you get “0” mpg.
  5. Avoid sudden stops and starts. Hard acceleration uses up to one third more fuel. Achieve your desired speed with a steady foot on the accelerator and try coasting to stop. Speeding, rapid acceleration, and braking can lower your gas mileage by 5% at lower speeds around town, and by 33% at higher highway speeds.
  6. Don't vent your anger behind the wheel. Aggressive acceleration wastes fuel and can be dangerous as well.
  7. Drive at a steady pace. Plan your route to avoid stop-and-start conditions and heavy traffic. Be aware of the traffic around you and adjust your driving to avoid constant acceleration and deceleration.
  8. Many traffic light systems are "timed" for a given speed. Try to pace your speed to make the green lights rather than going faster and stopping for red or yellow lights.
  9. The best fuel economy is obtained at moderate speeds. More fuel is consumed below 35 mph than at 45 mph, and generally, you'll lose 1 mpg for every 5 mpg over 50.
  10. Try to anticipate traffic jams and avoid them when possible. Despite stops for traffic signals on other roads, avoiding those expressway traffic jams can lower fuel consumption as much as 50%. Listen to radio reports for alternate routes around congested areas.
  11. Avoid excessive braking. The need for braking can often be eliminated by downshifting or simply taking your foot off the accelerator pedal.
  12. Carpool whenever possible or practical.
  13. Combine several short trips into a single trip. Short trips (fewer than 5 miles) don't let the engine reach its most efficient operating temperature. By combining numerous short trips, you can save on the total miles driven and take advantage of the vehicle's more efficient warmed-up condition.
  14. If you own more than one vehicle, use the most economical, especially for commuting or stop-and-go driving.
  15. Use the transmission properly. If your vehicle has a manual transmission, shift gears as soon as the engine can run smoothly in the next gear. Low gear at 20 mph gives only about two-thirds the mileage as high gear at the same speed. In second gear, it is four-fifths the mileage you'd get in high. With an automatic transmission, lifting your foot slightly off the accelerator will make the transmission shift sooner.
  16. When approaching hills, don't wait until the vehicle begins to "lug" before shifting gears. Don't accelerate once you have started up the hill, because speed increase is slight and fuel consumption is high. You can minimize the speed loss by gradually increasing speed as you approach a hill.
  17. If equipped, use the cruise control. A cruise control can gain 1-2 mpg by maintaining a steady, preset speed over any kind of terrain.
  18. Relax while driving. Find a comfortable driving position; fidgeting in the seat leads to constant speed changes and decreases fuel economy.
  19. If you drive a manual transmission vehicle, start in second when going downhill.
  20. Keep accurate records. Over a period, you can check your fuel economy; a sudden drop in miles per gallon may mean it's time for a tune-up or other maintenance.

auto ko ngaun is automatic transmission with electronic controlled transmission... kailangan b lagi itong nka-on para makatipid s gas or in certain situations lng and kailan dapat gamitin ito... tnx ng madami... nasanay ako s manual kc... tnx!

A/T usually mashaba gear ratio niya than M/T, kaya masmabigat for the engine ang A/T than M/T thus needs more power to get it running, but for cruising at high speeds, better ang A/T dahil sa mahabang gears niya. Pero ako masgusto ko pa rin M/T than A/T..

A/T usually mashaba gear ratio niya than M/T, kaya masmabigat for the engine ang A/T than M/T thus needs more power to get it running, but for cruising at high speeds, better ang A/T dahil sa mahabang gears niya. Pero ako masgusto ko pa rin M/T than A/T..

pag naka turbo charger ba mas tipid sa fuel?

as i've said, power to weight ratio is one great factor, including doon un power band ng engine.. turbo should help, pero pag sa low rpm p lang mataas na boost niya, you'll end up using too much power you don't need thus making it inefficient.. good example ng hi power at low rpm ay ung mga V8 na exped, idle pa lang ng exped mataas na power non, ready for towing un anytime. set ur turbo at low boost at low rpm. for diesel naman, kaya ung ibang diesel matakaw dahil most of its power ay below 2500rpm kaya konteng tapak lang lakas na agad pasok ng fuel.