Fuel Saving Tips

For the past few months, I noticed my vehicle (Pajero 2002 model diesel engine) emits a black smoke everytime i rev up. Last week, I've decided to scout for an additive that will lessen the smoke that is coming out from my vehicle. So I went to a local autoshop and found X1R diesel fuel system additive. I poured a bottle into the fuel tank and after four days the thick black smoke was gone. I went back to the store and a presentor suggested that I try Uniq FCE (fuel combustion enhancer), and I did. After the installation, I felt an increase in power and the fuel consumption is lessen. I've been using biodiesel for a week now and I'm impressed with the performance of my vehicle.

or better yet... get a bicycle! :goatee:

dati i tried free wheeling almost everyday... i was able to do 12km/lit on a 'matic 1.6L car... sabi nila masisira daw makina... nde naman nasira.... ayus pa den naman hanggang ngaun!

i wont cause engine damage but your reflexes in such sudden stops has an effect.

For the past few months, I noticed my vehicle (Pajero 2002 model diesel engine) emits a black smoke everytime i rev up. Last week, I've decided to scout for an additive that will lessen the smoke that is coming out from my vehicle. So I went to a local autoshop and found X1R diesel fuel system additive. I poured a bottle into the fuel tank and after four days the thick black smoke was gone. I went back to the store and a presentor suggested that I try Uniq FCE (fuel combustion enhancer), and I did. After the installation, I felt an increase in power and the fuel consumption is lessen. I've been using biodiesel for a week now and I'm impressed with the performance of my vehicle.

Are you using the one made by Chemrez or D&L Ind.? I've heard good reports from their products and it's made using coco oil.

Definitely!!! Kaya lang sa metro traffic pag tanghali at mainit di pwede wala aircon...

I'm driving a revo and pag hindi bukas aircon sa likod anlaki ng tipid sa gas, much more kung no aircon at all...

AFAIK whether bukas or patay ang air-con sa likod same lang ang gas consumption eh, kasi umaandar pa rin ang compressor compressor gives the engine additional load that's why throttle chambers has actuators in it to open-up the throttle a little to compensate for the power lost during idling caused by the air-conditioning compressor.

pero basta cool ka magmaneho, mas tipid sa gas, neither shift too late nor too early they both consume more gas than usual...

• 2 weeks later...

with the aircon off saves around 10% if windows are closed.. but opening the windows consumes almost the same amount of fuel if aircon is on when traveling around 70kmh.. so if traveling below 70kmh, it actually saves gas if u turn off ur aircon and open windows.. above 70kmh, its more or less the same, so might as well leave the aircon on..

• 2 months later...
hybrid cars is good on gas mileage

but they're quite expensive..

if u can't afford hybrids, my suggestion would be a car with smaller displacement but good power to displacement ratio, hp/L. and good power to weight ratio, hp/ton. not under power nor over powered vehicles..

slight modification like intakes and exhaust would be a great help for extra power and better hp/ton, thus lesser gas consumption..

The Khaos super turbo or the newer sanyo-iji do work. BUT they work on carbureted non computerized cars. It's a trick that has been done since the 70's(at least here in the philippines, maybe earlier in other countries) by our own local racers. It adds a little punch in accelerating from a stop and does save a little fuel. Cost to replicate or make your own: as low as free to as high as 15 pesos. Those two I mentioned above are way too overpriced at 3000 or 5000.

Installation of these things on fuel injected cars can even cause fuel consumption to increase.

• 1 month later...

Let the revs rise naturally. Avoid high-RPM gear changes, you'll get to your speed eventually, even with moderate throttle pressure and early upshifts. Once you hit your speed, maintain it; do not overshoot it.

Drive smoothly. Avoid sudden maneuvering and braking---braking is one of the biggest wastes of momentum and energy, and you have to burn gas to regain your lost momentum. To drive smoothly, take a long view of the road so you can plan your movements in advance accordingly.

Maintain your car's mechanicals religiously.