Back To The 70's

Uncle Bob had a Filipina wife whom he used to say was the most beautiful woman on earth. He used to commute by helicopter. I think he used a Hughes 300. Once he featured one of my letters on television. It was strange seeing the drawings I mailed him being broadcast on tv.

He was truly a great tv host and loved children. I use to get letters signed by him inviting me to come out on his show but for some reason, I never did visit channel 7 studio. Mahiyain kasi ako. ^_^

Uncle Bob married Loreto Feliciano in 1949. She is related to Chito Feliciano, host of "Dancetime with Chito", a popular RBS/GMA program during the early 60s. Maybe that's why the call sign of 97.1 FM Manila is DWLS (Loreto Stewart)?.

Edited by muttley

Uncle Bob married Loreto Feliciano in 1949. She is related to Chito Feliciano, host of "Dancetime with Chito", a popular RBS/GMA program during the early 60s. Maybe that's why the call sign of 97.1 FM Manila is DWLS (Loreto Stewart)?.

Thanks for this little bit of trivia. No wonder Uncle Bob hosted "Dancetime with Chito." One episode of the Lucky 7 Club I will never forget was when I saw Uncle Bob fuming mad. This was just after Halloween. Don't recall the year. Anyway apparently, he received some reports that some children were poisoned by tainted candy. Uncle Bob directed his anger towards those people who spiked the candy.

Goes to show what a really kind man he was. Here's a Wikipedia link about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_%22Uncle_Bob%22_Stewart

Another link about Uncle Bob: http://nostalgiamanila.blogspot.com/2007/06/memories-of-uncle-bob-and-lucky-7-club.html

Notice the Crazy Foam commercial in this link

Thanks for this little bit of trivia. No wonder Uncle Bob hosted "Dancetime with Chito." One episode of the Lucky 7 Club I will never forget was when I saw Uncle Bob fuming mad. This was just after Halloween. Don't recall the year. Anyway apparently, he received some reports that some children were poisoned by tainted candy. Uncle Bob directed his anger towards those people who spiked the candy.

Goes to show what a really kind man he was. Here's a Wikipedia link about him: http://en.wikipedia...._Bob%22_Stewart

Another link about Uncle Bob: http://nostalgiamani...cky-7-club.html

Notice the Crazy Foam commercial in this link

Thanks for sharing your experiences and memories about this most beloved tv host. As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been anyone quite like him.

70's was when I learned how to drive. Didn't have a driver's license yet because I was underage and my dad refused to have me overstate my age on driver's application form because he said it was considered falsification of public documents. So for 2 years I drove without a driver's license. Didn't stray too far from home though.

Learned how to drive using a stick shift. 4-speed manual transmission. Then recently I drove the car of a friend which was a manual. Since I've been driving automatics for decades, I though I wouldn't be able to drive the manual. It was surprising because it was as if it was only yesterday that I drove cars with manual transmissions. It just came back to me naturally. Like it was second nature. It's like driving a bicycle. Once you learn, you never really forget.

Edited by Bugatti Veyron

Some of my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoons I liked watching from the 70's are now available on DVDs. Actually these were available on YouTube just several months ago but I guess they've since been removed.

Wacky Races: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_J9pkClY9T0

Wait 'till your Father Gets Home:

I liked Wait 'till your Father Gets Home. It was basically a cartoon but with adult humor. It used satire to poke fun at the youth, the American fear of communism, and the general day to day life of the average American family in the 70's. I remember Tom Bosley as the iconic voice of Harry Boyle.

What I really miss about the 70s was being physically active in all types of sports. From basketball, to swimming, bowling, target shooting, track and field, table tennis, weight lifting, work-outs like push-ups, sit-ups, etc. biking, etc.

Now the only exercise I do is brisk walking. I'm probably 60 lbs heavier today than I weighed in the early 70's :(

70s was when hotels had discos - 1571 in Manila Hilton, Stargrazer in Silahis Hotel, Where Else in Hotel Intercon and equally famous discos Flames along Roxas Blvd, Another World along Makati Ave.....to name a few I remember.

1571...Yeah I remember having a group date in that disco sometime in the mid-70's. It turned out the guys didn't have enough money to pay for the drinks and the cover charge so the girls had to pay the cost.

It was embarrassing to say the least.

I miss the old American television programs of the 70's like Hawaii Five-0, Quincy Medical Examiner, Kojac, Petrocelli, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Three's Company, CHiPs, Different Strokes, The Love Boat, The Waltons, WKRP in Cincinnati, Welcome Back, Kotter, and many others.

I miss the old American television programs of the 70's like Hawaii Five-0, Quincy Medical Examiner, Kojac, Petrocelli, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Three's Company, CHiPs, Different Strokes, The Love Boat, The Waltons, WKRP in Cincinnati, Welcome Back, Kotter, and many others.

To add to the list of 70s TV programs, my favs were Man From U.N.C.L.E. (United Network Command for Law Enforcement), Mannix, Wild Wild West and of course the original episodes of Start Trek, Charlie's Angels & Mission Impossible.