Back To The 70's

Pag maalala mo pa itong jingle at yung bangko na ito, matanda ka na talaga!

Comtrust bank jingle (1973)

Title: We Share The Same Horizons

Performed by: Tillie Moreno

Words & Music: Jose Mari Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brASWgoG8Lc

Comtrust (Commercial Bank and Trust Company) was established in 1954 and was merged with BPI in 1980.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4135/4944970522_3959a2bee9_z.jpg

The Comtrust building is on the right (foreground) - corner of Ayala Ave. and Salcedo St. - the present site of Convergys.

Who among the "Young Once" can possibly forget these jingles? The last time they aired was also probalby the last time I heard this. Until today. Just goes to show that our brains have a very large capacity for random access. Imagine all those memories buried deeply in our sub-conscious and when it is triggered by video clips like these, the memory which has been locked up in the sub-conscious for decades all of a sudded are brought to the surface. It's truly amazing how the human brain works.

Who among the "Young Once" can possibly forget these jingles? The last time they aired was also probalby the last time I heard this. Until today. Just goes to show that our brains have a very large capacity for random access. Imagine all those memories buried deeply in our sub-conscious and when it is triggered by video clips like these, the memory which has been locked up in the sub-conscious for decades all of a sudded are brought to the surface. It's truly amazing how the human brain works.

So definitely true. Other things that can trigger old memories are scents, old photos (like the one in Bro Muttley's post), and certain foods/drinks.

Speaking of Joe Mari Chan, here are two more of his famous jingles:

BBC-2 (Banahaw Broadcasting Corp.) anthem (1973)

Title: Big, Beautiful Country (with prelude and postlude)

Performed by: Jose Mari Chan, Tillie Moreno, Alice Bell, Basil Valdez and Nonong Pedero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-8GjXuJY4

Philippine Airlines jingle

Title: Love at 30,000 Feet

Performed by: Jose Mari Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjhuWcIjFk

been looking for the titlr of this song. thanks for posting

Kakaunti pa lang ang mga Japanese restaurants during the 70s. The ones frequented by my family were Kimpura in Makati and Tempura Misono in the old Hyatt Regency hotel in Pasay.

There was this one Japanese restaurant just off Roxas Blvd. which we used to go to in the early 70's. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of this restaurant.

As I recall it was located near the US embassy. I don't suppose you've been there or recall its name.

Kakaunti pa lang ang mga Japanese restaurants during the 70s. The ones frequented by my family were Kimpura in Makati and Tempura Misono in the old Hyatt Regency hotel in Pasay.

There was this one Japanese restaurant just off Roxas Blvd. which we used to go to in the early 70's. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of this restaurant.

As I recall it was located near the US embassy. I don't suppose you've been there or recall its name.

Ermita area. No, we've never gone that far.

Furo Sato was located along Guadalupe near EDSA back then. Kamameshi House was along Aurora Boulevard near St. Paul, QC.

There is a Kamameshi House along Zobel Roxas close to the Makati/Manila border. Ate there about 6 months ago and the food's still good.

Accordoing to the Kamameshi website, there's another one located on Eliptical Road, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.

Edited by maxiev

Furo Sato was located along Guadalupe near EDSA back then. Kamameshi House was along Aurora Boulevard near St. Paul, QC.

The Furosato at EDSA-Guadalupe opened sometime late-80s/early-90s and closed down by late-90s.

The original branch of Furosato still stands at Roxas Blvd. beside Trader's Hotel, across CCP. My recollection would be that Furosato first opened sometime in the 1980s, therefore I think Furosato is irrelevant to this thread - unless someone has a better information.

Edited by muttley

Anybody recall Steak Express in Makati which was at the far end of Automat, near Poulex Department Store. How about The Shack, another steak restaurant located on a small hill on the north bound lane of EDSA near Buendia?

These were my two favorite steak restaurants back in the 1970s.

Edited by maxiev