Diet

I'm following the principles of the Anabolic Diet/Solution. It is very similar to the Ketogenic Diet. Basically, I eat protein and fat during weekdays (5 days) and load up on carbs during weekends (2 days). Read through the blog to know more.

What can I say, it is both effective and fun. :D Sarap ng pagkain, di pa nakakaburnout. Hehehe...but I can also say that it is not for the faint of heart. You'll be eating like a glutton in the point of view of a normal person. I plow through a lot of food. This diet also requires packed food or you will go broke. I repeat, you will go broke if you eat outside everyday. Sometimes I even think, "What am I doing eating half a chicken a day? 8 eggs?! Am I making this world a better place?" Hahaha... :D

Staples (in my case):

1) Chicken with skin - Red meat encouraged

2) Whole eggs

3) Ground beef and beef in general

4) Olive oil

5) Full-fat cheese (Not local ones since they contain carbs)

6) Whey protein (Pre / Post WO) with heavy cream

7) European sausages

8) Lots of green fibrous veggies (Broccoli, spinach, etc.)

9) Omega-3 (tuna, other fish, supps, etc.)

10) Psyllium Husk for easy fiber

11) Avocado (Oh yes! Kaya lang out of season ngayon.)

12) Anything I want to eat during the weekends

There are lots of places to learn more about this diet. As Jacques said, diets like these are low in water retention. It's like I'm naturally on diuretics so I need to drink lots of water. I'm not an expert on it. I'm just a happy camper. B)

To cut, you just have to decrease calories and be more tame during the weekends. Anyway, the link will enlighten you more. Just remember that this is not for everyone. Others might even be afraid to do it. After you look through the list of foods I posted, it's easy to see why.

There have been people on forums claiming to have done this diet (or lifestyle for that matter) for 13 or so years. One person even reported that his blood test results were all good and were even considered healthy.

So far so good. :)

Dude, I think you are one of the few who understands the ketogenic diet. My advice though is that you let go of the chicken skin and minimize fat sources from red meat and cheese which can be high in LDL. Personally, I get my fat sources from nuts, olive oil and fish oil supplements.

And by the way, as this guy mentioned, you are allowed to have a high carb day on the 6th or 6th and 7th day for glycogen reloading.

Dude, I think you are one of the few who understands the ketogenic diet. My advice though is that you let go of the chicken skin and minimize fat sources from red meat and cheese which can be high in LDL. Personally, I get my fat sources from nuts, olive oil and fish oil supplements.

And by the way, as this guy mentioned, you are allowed to have a high carb day on the 6th or 6th and 7th day for glycogen reloading.

I think you're right about the skin and meat and cheese. Especially the cheese which is purely saturated fat. I guess I need to go find me some peanuts. :)

How much mg of fish oil do you take per day? I simply follow the guidelines on my supp. I just wish fish oil was cheaper here in RP so I could take more.

**On a side note, the high carb weekend does wonders for my psychological well-being. I remember doing the conventional daily high carb diet before and it made me extremely moody and slightly aggressive emotionally. That sucked. Frequent insulin spikes really have this way of getting to your brain. Bloating and gas were also things I didn't miss after switching to my current diet plan.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you're right about the skin and meat and cheese. Especially the cheese which is purely saturated fat. I guess I need to go find me some peanuts. :)

How much mg of fish oil do you take per day? I simply follow the guidelines on my supp. I just wish fish oil was cheaper here in RP so I could take more.

**On a side note, the high carb weekend does wonders for my psychological well-being. I remember doing the conventional daily high carb diet before and it made me extremely moody and slightly aggressive emotionally. That sucked. Frequent insulin spikes really have this way of getting to your brain. Bloating and gas were also things I didn't miss after switching to my current diet plan.

If you're eating nuts, fatty fishes (salmon, tuna), use olive oil and etc., you can go without the fish oil supplement.

Atkin's falls under the ketogenic diet right? I got curious with previous posts and decided to research a bit. I went with Atkin's because online resources for it are easier to come by.

Lost 10 pounds and almost 2 inches off my waist in SEVEN days. What exactly did I lose? Hope it's not just water...

Atkin's falls under the ketogenic diet right? I got curious with previous posts and decided to research a bit. I went with Atkin's because online resources for it are easier to come by.

Lost 10 pounds and almost 2 inches off my waist in SEVEN days. What exactly did I lose? Hope it's not just water...

The Atkins Diet is basically a ketogenic diet. And yes, the initial drastic weight loss is from water loss. Nothing to be worried about. Just make sure your water intake is high. By the way, one down side of Atkins diet is that people get carried away with the notion that you can virtually ingest any fat source. Remember, not all fats are healthy to the body. Thus, one must learn to obtain fats from omega 3-6 and not only relying on fats within red meat, poultry and etc.

The Atkins Diet is basically a ketogenic diet. And yes, the initial drastic weight loss is from water loss. Nothing to be worried about. Just make sure your water intake is high. By the way, one down side of Atkins diet is that people get carried away with the notion that you can virtually ingest any fat source. Remember, not all fats are healthy to the body. Thus, one must learn to obtain fats from omega 3-6 and not only relying on fats within red meat, poultry and etc.

• 1 month later...

meisters, can you enlighten me about this Atkins diet?

well i have done some reading about it on this site, http://www.atkins.com/Program/FourPhases.aspx

pero when i looked on the choices of food, i mean, frankly san ba ako kukuha ng mga ito???

can you give me some piece of advice on how to follow their recommended foods? especially the ones that they recommend during breakfast, meryenda and dinner?

the reason kasi that i cannot follow any of the suggested diets is because some of the foods di ko alam kung saan ko matatagpuan sa grocery hehehe.., sana po magets nyo ang gusto ko pakahulugan..,

during lunch kasi libre ang food dito sa office namin so basically i cannot follow the recommended lunch foods, sayang naman libre na pagkain tapos bibili pa ako ng separate na pagkain to follow the regimen.

sa dinner naman sa bahay ako kumakain on my offdays and sa labas during workout days..,

Thanks in anticipation guys! :thumbsupsmiley:

i just purchased 2 pounds of Impact whey protein. given my usual schedule, when would be the best time to consume it?

0630H Breakfast (carbohydrates and fats, multivitamin)

0830H Roadwork/Interval Sprints

[i'm thinking here, about 0930H]

1130H Lunch (carbohydrates)

1330H Boxing Training, Strength

[or maybe here, immediately after boxing...]

[... or before grappling.]

1900H Grappling Training, Conditioning

1030H Supper (high protein)

i also drink enervon hp (high carbohydrate, medium protein, low fat, and electrolytes), usually late afternoon.

and yes, i eat the same thing every day.

Edited by Palakol

i just read this E-Book packed in the Turbulence Training E-books i downloaded from torrent.

you cannot call this diet as the author says, but i gave it a try.

Simple: Fasting.

You fast for 24h, twice a week.

i know most of you guys would react on this. I tried it already this week. though not thoroughly fasting. i mean the idea of it, since i ate fruits time and again to suffice if i really think i cant make it 24h tops. liquids most of the time.

the easiest interval for me would be after i eat my lunch. i stack my lunch but not too much.. so i will last until tomorrow's lunch wherein im back with 3x a day meals. i just have fruit shakes to substitute for my dinner and i even hit the gym that night of my initial fasting. one thing noticeably true and amazing is that you wont feel weak while working out even if you did not take a premeal workout. liquids help me out.

after your fasting you can return to your regular eating habits, or dietary plans if you have one.

of course, be LEAN, not MEAN.. (",)

• 1 month later...

My daily diet is two bowls of Oatmeals, 2 sandwich w tomato, lettuce, cucumber either with salami, pastrami, or lean ham. and lots of water.

With non-fat milk in the morning.

Plus two days of badminton in a week.

Lumiit ako ng mga 25 pounds in two months time.

Then proteins every weekend, chicken and beef.

Trimming down one has to lessen sweets and carbohydrates.

Trimming down one has to lessen sweets and carbohydrates.

not really. in fact, i get most of my calories from carbohydrates.

the thing about carbohydrates is that certain types are best eaten at certain times of the day (depending on the composition).

> fruits like apples and oranges, all kinds of vegetables, legumes, sweet potatoes, and oats are best eaten as breakfast, pre-workout, as they supply you with slow-digesting sugars to provide energy throughout the day. they also don't cause insulin spikes.

> starchy carbohydrates like pasta, bread, rice, grains, potatoes, bananas are best eaten a few hours (at most) after a workout, as to take advantage of the increased insulin tolerance caused by physical activity.

> sweets are best tolerated by the body during or immediately after a workout, when blood sugar levels are low. that explains why people drink sports drinks, and why most runners have an occasional sweet tooth.

Edited by Palakol
  • 2 weeks later...

the thing about carbohydrates is that certain types are best eaten at certain times of the day (depending on the composition).

> fruits like apples and oranges, all kinds of vegetables, legumes, sweet potatoes, and oats are best eaten as breakfast, pre-workout, as they supply you with slow-digesting sugars to provide energy throughout the day. they also don't cause insulin spikes.

> starchy carbohydrates like pasta, bread, rice, grains, potatoes, bananas are best eaten a few hours (at most) after a workout, as to take advantage of the increased insulin tolerance caused by physical activity.

> sweets are best tolerated by the body during or immediately after a workout, when blood sugar levels are low. that explains why people drink sports drinks, and why most runners have an occasional sweet tooth.

Thanks for the tips, sir. Is that you in your avatar?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks boss! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I lost weight when I started eating steamed chicken and steam kamote. Now I usually have s=tuna, kamote and ots of steamed or raw vegetables. Almost no white rice, occassional brown rice. I get my carbs from oatmeal for breakfast and snacks. To date I have lost more than 12 pounds and I have leaned out a lot. Based on a skinfold test (IF this is accurate) my body fat percentage is now at 13.5%. :)

• 1 month later...