Diet

has anyone read "skinny bitch"?after reading it parang i want to go vegan na.it says on the book that any kind of meat is bad.including fish & chicken.no processed food.no soda or even diet soda & no dairy din pala.whats ok to eat are organic fruits & veggies,veggie meat,soy products,nuts & grains.i tried it for a wk ok naman sya i lost 3 lbs & i dont get that hungry.the thing lang is it's kinda hard to fallow.

Got this from another forum...This might help..

THE 7 DAY DIET

This program was developed in conjunction with a grant from the US Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. It was field tested at the Johns HopkinsResearch Center.

This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week. It will also improve your attitude and emotions because of its cleansing systematic effects.

The effectiveness of the seven day plan is that the food eaten burns more calories than they give to the body in calorie value.

This plan can be used as often as you like without any fear of complications. It is designed to flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well being. After seven days you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter – by at least 10 lbs. You will have an

abundance of energy and an improved disposition.

DURING THE FIRST SEVEN DAYS YOU MUST ABSTAIN FROM ALL

ALCOHOL.

YOU MUST DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY.

DAY ONE: All fruits except bananas. Your fist day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day specially watermelons and cantaloupe. If you limit your fruit consumptions to melons, your chances of losing

pounds the first day are very good.

Day one you are preparing your system for the upcoming program. Your only source of nutrition is fresh or canned fruits. Fruits are nature’s perfect foods. They provide everything you could possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety.

DAY TWO: All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type.

For your complex carbohydrates, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with a pat of butter.

Day two starts with a fix of complex carbohydrates coupled with an oil dose. This is taken in the morning for energy and balance. The rest of day two consists of vegetables which are virtually calorie free and provide essential nutrients and fiber.

DAY THREE: A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet, no potato today.

Day three eliminates the potato because you get your carbohydrates from the fruits. Your system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds. You still have cravings start to diminish by day four.

DAY FOUR: Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as much as 8 bananas and drink 3 glasses of milk.

Day four, bananas, milk and soup sounds the strangest and least desirable. You are in for a surprise. You probably will not eat all the bananas allowed. But they are there for the potassium you have lost and the calcium you may have missed the past 3 days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You will be surprised how easy this day will go.

DAY FIVE: Today is a feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is ok. Combine this with big whole tomatoes. On day five you may increase water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you would be producing.

Day five, beef and tomatoes. The red meat is for iron and protein. The tomatoes are for digestion and fiber. Lots of water to purify your system. You should notice colorless urine today. Your allowance calls for the equivalent of “5 Quarter Pounders”. Do not feel you have to eat all this beef. You must eat 6 tomatoes.

DAY SIX: Beef and vegetables. Today you must eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your heart’s content.

Day six is similar to five. Iron and protein from beef. Vitamins and fiber from vegetables. By now your system is in total weight loss inclination. There should be noticeable difference in the way you look today compared to day one.

DAY SEVEN: Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume. Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17lbs lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. You may repeat this program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for 3 days between each

repetition. After 7 days, you are allowed 2 glasses of white wine in addition to the instructions on the program. You may substitute champagne from white wine. Under no circumstances are you to drink any other alcoholic beverages with the exception of beer which is allowed. Any liquor is forbidden. Cream drinks are specially forbidden. If you have wine, drink only wine that day. If you have beer, drink only beer that day. Alcohol adds empty calories to your diet. However, after the first week, it will help your digestion and will settle your stomach.

Day seven finishes off the program like a good cigar used to finish of Victorian meals, except much healthier. You have your system under control and it should thank you for the purging and cleansing you just gave it.

If you repeat the program, you may substitute fish or fowl for beef on day five or six. As a matter of fact, if you repeat more than twice, it is recommended. You do not want to get

your system used to the diet routine. Believe it or not, your system has a will of its own and will tend to get lazy. You need the stimulation of variety.

Got this from another forum...This might help..

THE 7 DAY DIET

This program was developed in conjunction with a grant from the US Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. It was field tested at the Johns HopkinsResearch Center.

This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week. It will also improve your attitude and emotions because of its cleansing systematic effects.

The effectiveness of the seven day plan is that the food eaten burns more calories than they give to the body in calorie value.

This plan can be used as often as you like without any fear of complications. It is designed to flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well being. After seven days you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter – by at least 10 lbs. You will have an

abundance of energy and an improved disposition.

DURING THE FIRST SEVEN DAYS YOU MUST ABSTAIN FROM ALL

ALCOHOL.

YOU MUST DRINK 10 GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY.

DAY ONE: All fruits except bananas. Your fist day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day specially watermelons and cantaloupe. If you limit your fruit consumptions to melons, your chances of losing

pounds the first day are very good.

Day one you are preparing your system for the upcoming program. Your only source of nutrition is fresh or canned fruits. Fruits are nature’s perfect foods. They provide everything you could possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety.

DAY TWO: All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type.

For your complex carbohydrates, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with a pat of butter.

Day two starts with a fix of complex carbohydrates coupled with an oil dose. This is taken in the morning for energy and balance. The rest of day two consists of vegetables which are virtually calorie free and provide essential nutrients and fiber.

DAY THREE: A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet, no potato today.

Day three eliminates the potato because you get your carbohydrates from the fruits. Your system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds. You still have cravings start to diminish by day four.

DAY FOUR: Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as much as 8 bananas and drink 3 glasses of milk.

Day four, bananas, milk and soup sounds the strangest and least desirable. You are in for a surprise. You probably will not eat all the bananas allowed. But they are there for the potassium you have lost and the calcium you may have missed the past 3 days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You will be surprised how easy this day will go.

DAY FIVE: Today is a feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is ok. Combine this with big whole tomatoes. On day five you may increase water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you would be producing.

Day five, beef and tomatoes. The red meat is for iron and protein. The tomatoes are for digestion and fiber. Lots of water to purify your system. You should notice colorless urine today. Your allowance calls for the equivalent of “5 Quarter Pounders”. Do not feel you have to eat all this beef. You must eat 6 tomatoes.

DAY SIX: Beef and vegetables. Today you must eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your heart’s content.

Day six is similar to five. Iron and protein from beef. Vitamins and fiber from vegetables. By now your system is in total weight loss inclination. There should be noticeable difference in the way you look today compared to day one.

DAY SEVEN: Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume. Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17lbs lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. You may repeat this program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for 3 days between each

repetition. After 7 days, you are allowed 2 glasses of white wine in addition to the instructions on the program. You may substitute champagne from white wine. Under no circumstances are you to drink any other alcoholic beverages with the exception of beer which is allowed. Any liquor is forbidden. Cream drinks are specially forbidden. If you have wine, drink only wine that day. If you have beer, drink only beer that day. Alcohol adds empty calories to your diet. However, after the first week, it will help your digestion and will settle your stomach.

Day seven finishes off the program like a good cigar used to finish of Victorian meals, except much healthier. You have your system under control and it should thank you for the purging and cleansing you just gave it.

If you repeat the program, you may substitute fish or fowl for beef on day five or six. As a matter of fact, if you repeat more than twice, it is recommended. You do not want to get

your system used to the diet routine. Believe it or not, your system has a will of its own and will tend to get lazy. You need the stimulation of variety.

nice article! thanks hushpuppy!

what should you eat before and after gym (weight lifting)

so too maintain the form or create the form

Form is achieved by proper dieting. I personally would eat some fruit or sometimes, cookies for pre-workout then stick to veggie, rice and some chicken after working out

ako, i drink shake with banana, soy and whey protein before and after my workout. thermojetics with green tea after...

know your calorie-need during regular days and training days coz it varies...

in my weight @ 5'11"

regular days, 2000-2100 calories

training days, i just added around 400 more.

guys ano dapat na diet ko? i'm about 5'5" and i've been skinny since I was born. i'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but which one should i buy? at anong exercise dapat gawin ko? i've been lifting weights (they're not that heavy though) in the hope that I'd gain muscles. help!

guys ano dapat na diet ko? i'm about 5'5" and i've been skinny since I was born. i'm thinking of drinking protein shakes but which one should i buy? at anong exercise dapat gawin ko? i've been lifting weights (they're not that heavy though) in the hope that I'd gain muscles. help!

first.. you need to eat every 3-4 hours. Supplements are but that, supplements. they arenot the secret answer to your problems. You need to train and eat right first to expect to et anything out of them

secod, here's your training program

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

read it re-read it so you fully understand it

hope this helps

thanks olympus! am reading the bodybuilding thread now. the problem though is that i don't have any equipment at home (save for the dumbbells). and our house ain't big enough to accomodate having barbells around. and oh let's not forget the fact that i don't have money to go to any gym. thanks a lot!

thanks olympus! am reading the bodybuilding thread now. the problem though is that i don't have any equipment at home (save for the dumbbells). and our house ain't big enough to accomodate having barbells around. and oh let's not forget the fact that i don't have money to go to any gym. thanks a lot!

Believe me, if you look around, going to a gym isn't quite expensive.

Where are you located to begin with?

The equipment you have will only take you so far

How about eating HOTDOG everyday?

KASI anak ko gsto lagi hotdog Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner.....

ANO ba ang masamang dulot nito? :unsure:

I remember when i was in HS, i had read in our readers digest, that too much hotdog intake can cause brain cancer, nakakatakot un ha :cry: in that case, moderation is the key

Hot dogs

Because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hot dogs a month. If you can't live without hot dogs, buy those made without sodium nitrate.

Processed meats and bacon

Also high in the same sodium nitrates found in hot dogs, bacon, and other processed meats raise the risk of heart disease. The saturated fat in bacon also contributes to cancer.

Doughnuts are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts, says Adams , may be the worst food you can possibly eat to raise your risk of cancer.

• 4 weeks later...
Hot dogs

Because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hot dogs a month. If you can't live without hot dogs, buy those made without sodium nitrate.

Processed meats and bacon

Also high in the same sodium nitrates found in hot dogs, bacon, and other processed meats raise the risk of heart disease. The saturated fat in bacon also contributes to cancer.

Doughnuts are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts, says Adams , may be the worst food you can possibly eat to raise your risk of cancer.

Now that I didn't know. Thanks for the info. :D

i remember reading an article in a magazine. being TOO conscious on the food that you eat would not help either, some are healthy cause they dont worry much on foods they eat. maybe the problem here is not just the food we intake, maybe its how we project on the foods we eat. can be?

eto ang payo ko sa lahat ng mga mahilig kumain tulad ko .

Eat like a Mammoth, Die like a Mammoth :zorro:

• 2 weeks later...

You can already do a large array of workouts from two dumbbells. Just make sure you're targeting the correct muscles. And there are many hardcore gyms around which will only cost you around 50 pesos per visit. About 600 per month if you visit thrice a week. Eat every 3 hours or at least 5 times a day equally and as much as possible don't be supplement dependent if you're not in a hurry in gaining muscle.