Diet

mga ser effective by whole grain foods like wheat bread brown rice etc...? the problem is sinasabayan ko siya ng hotdog pero small portion do you think healthy pa din yun?anyone who works in a graveyard shift?share naman mga bossing ng diet plan...maraming salamat mga ser

Try using healthier food options like grilled chicken or tuna for your palaman.

as for eating plans when on GY, here's what I used to do on GY shift

meal 1 upon waking up usually rice and 3 egg omelette

meal 2 3 hours later chicken or beef (preferrably grilled) rice or potatoes

meal 3 during lunch break in ofc: same as meal 2

meal 4 before sleeping : tuna/eggs and kamote or fruit

Try using healthier food options like grilled chicken or tuna for your palaman.

as for eating plans when on GY, here's what I used to do on GY shift

meal 1 upon waking up usually rice and 3 egg omelette

meal 2 3 hours later chicken or beef (preferrably grilled) rice or potatoes

meal 3 during lunch break in ofc: same as meal 2

meal 4 before sleeping : tuna/eggs and kamote or fruit

sir when u mean tuna/eggs halo ba un? tnx egg is boiled egg lang ba? ty

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there is this survival principle in eating 2 times a day whenever you don't do any physically taxing activity such as weightlifting. My friend told me (he's into this diet) the principle is strengthening your survival instincts by depriving yourself of food and strengthening your discipline. He also told me that there has been results to this kind of diet of people actually living longer. Dunno if it's true though, just interesting to read on.

Having 6 meals a day allows you to properly deploy the nutrients you take when you eat. By eating more often, you get less hunger pangs and eat only enough to sustain you. I learned that the food you eat should be just enough to burn for 2-3 hours. Part of our muscle memory is to learn when they will expect to be fed the nutrients they need. Eating only twice a day teaches your body to expect to be starved again and thus store a good part of the food you took as fat in order to sustain itself while you are starving it. By eating more often, our body learns and expects that it will be fed again in a few hours and burns the food you ate for energy. Result is you get more lean body / muscle mass instead of stored fat.

My 2 cents... from reading nutrition articles. Has worked well for me for a long time now.

i need a dietician , did i spell it right ? im obese 1 na daw prone sa diabetic , my daily diet is rice and ulam , can somebody here recommend somebody or advise me, thanks

my advice to you is to increase your intake of fish, friuts and vegetables, limit red meat.. and if you can eliminate rice from your diet, or at least limit to half a cup per meal, i can guarantee you will lose weight.. of course you should exercise also, to burn excess calories.. try it bro, papayat ka and reduce your risk for diabetes.. i lost 25 lbs in 3 months :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi MTC peeps!

First some background on what i do in terms of physical activity.

Weekdays

10 min walk in the AM

20-30 min walk in the afternoon

3 times a week

20 min cardio

1 - 1.5 hr weight training - i concentrate on basic exercises targeting the larger muscle groups.

I've been working out close to 7 yrs now (on and off) but i never had the discipline to get the proverbial washboard abs. One thing I never got a complete control over is my appetite. :rolleyes:

5'6

154 - 156 lbs

Know this paints a rather vague figure of what i am now but hope you guys can help me come up with a diet that's easy to prepare and follow.

Hope this time 'round i'll have enough resolve to actually see this diet through.

so the $65K question is... Can you guys share some of your typical 5-6 meal diet and the ideal time interval to eat the meals?

hope to get some good insights here. planning to start my diet by next week. yey im excited

i've been on almost the same menu for 4 years. oatmeal/peanut butter on wholemeal/something with two eggs for breakfast (0600H); canned tuna, seaweed, wholemeal bread for lunch (1200H); meat and vegetables for dinner (2000); and a glass of milk before bed. i have fruits (any fruit) and energy drinks (enervon hp/milo) in between, consuming every 2.5 hours.

great thing is to do your cardio workout every morning or else do your cardio after 8 hours na kumain ka. Para for sure na mahahagip mong masusunog ang mga taba mo.

never let more than 3 hours pass without eating. bad for the metabolism.

Live Life Without Limits!

The top five cancer-causing foods are:

1. Hot dogs

Because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hot dogs a month. If you can't live without hot dogs, buy those made without sodium nitrate.

2. Processed meats and bacon

Also high in the same sodium nitrates found in hot dogs, bacon, and other processed meats raise the risk of heart disease. The saturated fat in bacon also contributes to cancer.

3. Doughnuts

Doughnuts are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts, says Adams , may be the worst food you can possibly eat to raise your risk of cancer.

4. French fries

Like doughnuts, French fries are made with hydrogenated oils and then fried at high temperatures. They also contain cancer- causing acryl amides which occur during the frying process. They should be called cancer fries, not French fries, said Adams .

5. Chips, crackers, and cookies

All are usually made with white flour and sugar. Even the ones whose labels claim to be free of trans-fats generally contain small amounts of trans-fats.

BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS

1. No Breakfast

People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level.

This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.

2. Overeating

It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking

It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

4. High Sugar consumption

Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution

The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

6. Sleep Deprivation

Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

7. Head covered while sleeping

Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness

Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts

Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

10. Talking Rarely

Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------------------------------

The main causes of liver damage are:

1. Sleeping too late and waking up too late are main cause.

2. Not urinating in the morning.

3. Too much eating.

4. Skipping breakfast.

5. Consuming too much medication.

6. Consuming too much preservatives, additives, food coloring, and artificial sweetener.

7. Consuming unhealthy cooking oil. As much as possible reduce cooking oil use when frying, which includes even the best cooking oils like olive oil. Do not consume fried foods when you are tired, except if the body is very fit.

8. Consuming raw (overly done) foods also add to the burden of liver.

Veggies should be eaten raw or cooked 3-5 parts. Fried veggies should be finished in one sitting, do not store.

We should prevent this without necessarily spending more. We just have to adopt a good daily lifestyle and eating habits.. Maintaining good eating habits and time condition are very important for our bodies to absorb and get rid of unnecessary chemicals according to 'schedule.'

DO TAKE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH..................

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word of caution about high protein diets. If you have a bad kidney, better limit protein intake. And if you're working out, it's much better that you consume alot of carbs before working out and probably protein after you work out. Using protein as your source of energy would lead to ketons and overdose of ketons will make you go into coma. kaya ingat ingat lang sa mga high protein diets. Took my advice from a respected dietitian and the price is really steep so I guess she really knows what she's talking about.

Just a word of caution about high protein diets. If you have a bad kidney, better limit protein intake. And if you're working out, it's much better that you consume alot of carbs before working out and probably protein after you work out. Using protein as your source of energy would lead to ketons and overdose of ketons will make you go into coma. kaya ingat ingat lang sa mga high protein diets. Took my advice from a respected dietitian and the price is really steep so I guess she really knows what she's talking about.

Let me shed a light regarding protein consumption and kidney diseases. Kidney diseases specifically deposit build ups can not be completely associated with a high protein diet. This is the common misconception of the public of high protein diet. More often than not, kidney diseases like, calcium, sodium and other mineral "stone" build up are atributed by difficiency in fluid intake. This can be further aggraviated when one undergoes a low/zero carb diet since carbs basically promote pulling/retention of water molecules in your body. It's as simple as: the lower your carbohydrate intake is, the lesser your body holds on to intra cellular water (within the blood) and epidermal subacious water (water within the skin). Thus, for cosmetic purposes it gives you the desired "ripped," "peeled" look with a low bodyfat level. This is one reason why dieters and bodybuilders alike are often adviced to increase water intake as they diet. Water my friend, is the missing link between healthy dieters and misinformed individuals who risks their health.

My friend, a "ketogenic diet" generally follows that you mimic the environment of starvation by forcing the body to burn fat rather than carbs. Normally, the carbs eaten are converted to glucose, which is then transported around the body and is important in "feeding" the brain. However, if there is very little/no carbohydrates in your diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketones. The ketone passes into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. When the body produces ketone bodies, a state known as ketosis.

In simpler terms, you simply shifted the source of fuel from carbs/glucose to stored/induced in your diet fats. The ketogenic diet is a popular way of "leaning" out by proportioning the diet mainly of fats (preferably from omega 3 & 6), protein and very little to no carbs. The only time that you actually go into coma is when you literally starve yourself to death. Take David Blane for example. When he does his stunts starving himself for days, his body shifts into a "ketogenic" phase wherein it burns stored fats as fuel source since he virtually eats anything for days. When his badyfat stores has gone into a critical level wherein his body has nothing left to burn, it is but natural for his body to "give up" and will let you pass out.

I'm sorry to disagree but what your dietetian presented is an extreme scenario that has been misleading since I don't think the regular joe understands how the body works. I have tried and been on the ketogenic diet many times and coursed thru it with success. It's a matter of knowledge and proper execution my friend.

And lastly, most bodybuilders/athletes who suffer from kidney diseases are those who abuse drugs, in this case: diuretics.

there was this piece of info mailed to us couple of years back. forgot who the guy was, chinese doctor that's into these health stuff I think. can't remember exactly now.

in that paper there were just so many lists of foods to avoid that are "unsafe" to consume for one reason or the other.

some even surprised me as we have all been consuming them, like rice, white rice, the guy said to avoid.

distilled water I thiink was in that list.

he said to take ionized water instead.

the bottom line is the only food safe to eat are fruits and vegetables.

Care to elaborate as to how one can safely and effectively go about this sir? Links would be very much appreciated.

I'm sorry to be too lazy to provide a direct link. Just search it on google and you will find tons of links. If not, you might want to check with other bodybuilding boards for discussion.

I'm following the principles of the Anabolic Diet/Solution. It is very similar to the Ketogenic Diet. Basically, I eat protein and fat during weekdays (5 days) and load up on carbs during weekends (2 days). Read through the blog to know more.

What can I say, it is both effective and fun. :D Sarap ng pagkain, di pa nakakaburnout. Hehehe...but I can also say that it is not for the faint of heart. You'll be eating like a glutton in the point of view of a normal person. I plow through a lot of food. This diet also requires packed food or you will go broke. I repeat, you will go broke if you eat outside everyday. Sometimes I even think, "What am I doing eating half a chicken a day? 8 eggs?! Am I making this world a better place?" Hahaha... :D

Staples (in my case):

1) Chicken with skin - Red meat encouraged

2) Whole eggs

3) Ground beef and beef in general

4) Olive oil

5) Full-fat cheese (Not local ones since they contain carbs)

6) Whey protein (Pre / Post WO) with heavy cream

7) European sausages

8) Lots of green fibrous veggies (Broccoli, spinach, etc.)

9) Omega-3 (tuna, other fish, supps, etc.)

10) Psyllium Husk for easy fiber

11) Avocado (Oh yes! Kaya lang out of season ngayon.)

12) Anything I want to eat during the weekends

There are lots of places to learn more about this diet. As Jacques said, diets like these are low in water retention. It's like I'm naturally on diuretics so I need to drink lots of water. I'm not an expert on it. I'm just a happy camper. B)

To cut, you just have to decrease calories and be more tame during the weekends. Anyway, the link will enlighten you more. Just remember that this is not for everyone. Others might even be afraid to do it. After you look through the list of foods I posted, it's easy to see why.

There have been people on forums claiming to have done this diet (or lifestyle for that matter) for 13 or so years. One person even reported that his blood test results were all good and were even considered healthy.

So far so good. :)