Diet

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

The T-Nation.com articles at the bottom of the page should suffice for those looking for scientific basis...

I'm on the cutting version of the diet for over a month now. As opposed to other low-carb diets, energy remains high. It does get noticably lower on the 4th and 5th day so one could get around this by scheduling more gruelling workouts at the start of the week.

One drawback though, it could get expensive...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
not really. in fact, i get most of my calories from carbohydrates.

the thing about carbohydrates is that certain types are best eaten at certain times of the day (depending on the composition).

> fruits like apples and oranges, all kinds of vegetables, legumes, sweet potatoes, and oats are best eaten as breakfast, pre-workout, as they supply you with slow-digesting sugars to provide energy throughout the day. they also don't cause insulin spikes.

> starchy carbohydrates like pasta, bread, rice, grains, potatoes, bananas are best eaten a few hours (at most) after a workout, as to take advantage of the increased insulin tolerance caused by physical activity.

> sweets are best tolerated by the body during or immediately after a workout, when blood sugar levels are low. that explains why people drink sports drinks, and why most runners have an occasional sweet tooth.

Depends on the fruit. Some fruits spike up insulin level too. IIRC, watermelon does.

Mornings I have like 4 eggs.

Then I have a rice meal for lunch

Then I workout

Then I have some tuna or chicken

Then I have some veggies

and some fruits

Nonworkout days, the rice meal that I'll have for lunch..I'll put what I'm going to eat on my plate, then I cut it all in half. I leave the other half in the ref, and eat the half that's left on my plate. About 3hours later I finish the other half.

Another meal I"ll have Eggs.

Then Tuna/chicken

Veggies

Fruits

I'm trying to eat JUST the carbs that I need, nothing more nothing less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Apollo is correct on all items mentioned.

I'm a health buff myself after suffering from many health related things.

Food is really your medicine.

Regarding

BBQs, yes, we avoid it.

Regarding shrimp, yes, we avoid it too.

Regarding pork, yes, we avoid it, I and my son are allergic to chicken too, we substituted goat meat... very clean.

Instant noodles? Cardboard with MSG.

I also avoid distilled water.

We threw away our microwave oven.

We do not eat canned food or preserved foods.

We stress on freshness, enzyme activity of uncooked and lightly cooked vegetables.

No junk food, no hot dogs, no hams, no tocinos.

We have red and brown rice.

We eat markedly less bread, less white rice and other refined carbs.

We avoid fastfood places.

We invest in organic products and a full time cook.

The whole family is on a health kick, we're healthy glowing and don't get sick.

We got tired of being sick, fat and infertile.

Now we are Healthy, Sexy and Horny. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ha ha ha, could not resist, mtc kasi ito.

I envy you sir. The best investment is a full time cook, and should be a good one! Fastfood is the worst place to eat, not only is it apparently but in reality more expensive, their ingredients are no good. I agree with the bad effect on microwave ovens, recently my auntie from australia was scrweaming on her email on the bad effects of teflon coated cooking pans on food!

Thanks for inspiring me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...