Diet

A little fat is actually ok. Fat helps build up your testosterone levels a bit. When I started eating porkchops regulary, mas naramdaman ko lumalakas talaga ako. Nga lang, piliin syempre ng mabuti yung mismong red meat. Konti lang dapat yung taba. Kasi ang taba flavor lang naman sya dapat. I choose yung porkchops na konti lang yung taba na tipong pag nasear na sa olive oil wala na halos pero andun na sa mismong karne yun flavor.

Take note: LIMIT CARBS, do not ditch them. You need carbs if you wanna bulk up, your body wont metabolize without carbs. In other words its a source of energy. No energy = low workout performance. Si Pacquiao di ba? 3 bandehadong kanin kinakain pag nasa training

calories?

i'm trying to eat clean.

egg whites

steamed chicken breasts

tuna sashimi

I consume about 2500 to 3000 calories per day. Again di ako lumalaki dito kasi ayoko talaga lumaki. Its enough na di ako gutom, may energy for workout, at di nawawala lakas.

Huwag mo siguro naman gawin na sobrang walang lasa chicken breast mo. Kasi kung di mo maenjoy pagkain mo, magiging mainitin lang ulo mo kasi deprived ka. Kung ako sayo, try mo other varieties ng chicken breast. Marinade mo with lemon and choice of dried herbs, tapos sear with olive oil. Olive oil is actually excellent for shredding off fat.

Try mo din maraming red meat. Pampalakas talaga ang red meat

well yesterday friny ko sa olive oil. put a lot of pepper and parika with taragon beforehand. wala lang gusto ko lang itry yung super strict talaga. gusto ko kasi may abs.

Anghang naman nyan. Try using lemon juice and dried herbs instead. Mas masarap sya. Madami naman choices with McCormick. Kung abs talaga gusto mo, you will need to drop below 10% body fat. So talagang no salt and most of all zero sugar. Nga lang, ang magiging trade off nito, kung di ka sanay magkakaroon ka ng moments na feeling mo deprived ka sa masasarap na pagkain.

hindi naman. sakto lang. eto ginawa ko kahapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLM4ejLfv8

wala lang ako nung tamarind powder and boneless na yung mga chicken breasts na ginagamit ko.

nasany nako dati nung high school/ college days pero pag bata kahit ano masarap eh.

Not bad!

Nga lang kung ako gusto ko manipis yung fillet ng chicken breast para mas madali lutuin at even pagkakaluto sa loob. Minsan kasi ang nangyayari pag buo mong isasalang, sunod yung labas hilaw sa loob.

oo manipis na yung akin. butterfly fillet chicken breast. grocery na naghiwa.

Masama lang sa chicken breast talaga, wala naman syang lasa sa totoo lang. Sya ang pinakawalang lasa sa parte ng manok. Malaman lang. Kaya nga rotate mo dapat sya in a week. Pwede din naman daw yung porkchops basta konti lang yung taba. Tipong pag nasear na sa olive oil, lusaw na lahat ng taba, at nasa karne na yung flavor. Nakakataas din daw kasi testosterone ang konting taba.

Wow ikaw na payat! Isn't that skinny na for a guy?

No not at all. Its Ideal actually. Thats superwelterweight to middleweight range. Fighters in that category have the same height range.

Of course I can always choose to bulk up and eat more. But what for? Mas ok nga ang swimmer's physique kesa sa bodybuilder na ang daming ugat na pumuputok sa braso. Plus a swimmers physique is more physiologically practical.

If you can afford it, its better to stay in range, after all leaner is better than lighter or heavier. Gaining weight too fast hurts the joint. Losing weight too fast compromises strength.

si gsp at anderson silva nasa 200+ lbs yun walking around. nagcucut sila ng 25+ lbs. para maging welter or middleweight.

175 ako same height. kung magweights ok din 185 sakin pero ang laki ng feeling ko at 185.

ok lang naman 150-160. may iba payat talaga yung body type. pwede naman yata under and over ng konti kung bmi yung basis.

Edited by narcprick

Yup ideal is 165 lbs for 5'11. Eh sabi mo almost 160 ka lang eh. I have a guy friend who is 5'11, he looks good at 175 naman. He's not fat or bulky. He looked sakto naman.

"Ideal" varies on which formula you are using to compute (i.e. Robinson, Miller, Hamwi) and your fitness goals. Its a rage. Its not just about looking good with the weight, its also about feeling comfortable with it. Not losing stamina, being able to run without hurting your knees, especially during the winter season. Besides, 5 pounds (roughly above 2 kilos) does not significantly change the size of the person. One can easily gain and lose that through hydration and dehydration. I weighed around 165 or more during the holidays lol

Edited by Edmund Dantes
  • 4 weeks later...

limit niyo sa 1,200 cal or 1,500 cal per day. guaranteed weight loss of 2-3 lbs a week

Hmmmm if you ask me this is not a good idea.

With that amount of calorie (lalo kung lalake), hihina ka naman ng sobra. Di rin maganda na masyadong mabilis yung pagbaba mo ng timbang, unless you are morbidly obese or nasa reality show ka. At that rate, lagi kang mahihilo naman nyan. Isa pa, this is one sure way to make you feel deprived, and once burnt out ka na, kakain ka lang ulit ng madami.

Ang turo sakin, kelangan talaga patience dito. It took years of bad habits that accumulated your weight, so it will also take some time to lose it. Lose it slow, so your body properly adapts to it and you don't risk health complications. If di ka naman athlete o celebrity, you should have plenty of time.

If tama na yung kaha ng katawan mo, minsan ok din na you stay in that weight. The Idea is to lose fat and gain muscle naman in the first place.

CHOOSE what you eat. Its not so much about LESSENING it. Starving yourself will only make you give up on any diet program you choose. Learning how to shop and prep your own meals can also be helpful. Read the nutrition label of any prepared food you purchase.

Diet is not about eating less, its about eating right. Si pacquiao nga isang bandehadong kanin inuubos sa isang kainan pag on training sya. Eat more of the foods that help you gain muscle and burn fat. That way you don't feel hungry and deprived.

how about paleo diet, anyone who tried this ??thanks in advance

all diets work, especially if they make you eat less. the thing is, most diets also do not work because you end up starving or not enjoying what you eat that you end up going back to your old, unhealthy eating lifestyle.

in my experience, the only thing you should watch out for are "trigger foods" - you know, the type of stuff where you completely devour, and you don't even notice it. they are usually different for each individual, but in my informal interviews, here are the stuff i noticed:

-rice/bread/pasta

-sweetened drinks

-fried food

-chips, popcorn, even peanuts

-ice cream

-chocolate

-cheese cake

-stuff with a lot of cheese (i.e. pizza)

all diets work, especially if they make you eat less. the thing is, most diets also do not work because you end up starving or not enjoying what you eat that you end up going back to your old, unhealthy eating lifestyle.

in my experience, the only thing you should watch out for are "trigger foods" - you know, the type of stuff where you completely devour, and you don't even notice it. they are usually different for each individual, but in my informal interviews, here are the stuff i noticed:

-rice/bread/pasta

-sweetened drinks

-fried food

-chips, popcorn, even peanuts

-ice cream

-chocolate

-cheese cake

-stuff with a lot of cheese (i.e. pizza)

thanks for the info sir .. you mention rice/bread/pasta, how about wheaten bread and brown rice and whole grain pasta?