Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

tut tut Fahfrd assumptions never did anyone any good!

I liked Chevalier's book. It's makin me want to go out and buy her other three or four books... After that I also finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown... not bad at all.

I am currently reading a Jeffrey Deaver book ... galing! :cool:

Hahaha!

Sabi nga nila eh, "Lahat ng AKALA ay mali". :lol:

Hehehe......

Wow! Thanks Wulfie! Although I do perfer receiving books via e-copies instead of borrowing the dead tree versions. Less chance of failing to return them and developing a blood feud along the way. :P

Hahaha!

I like that, "dead tree version". :D

As for me though, I prefer reading books on paper. I feel wierd reading off a computer screen. B)

I see your point though. :)

But no problem, I seldom declare a blood feud. :P

Hehehe....

let's chalk it up to a lesson learned.

nd ko pa din nabili the other Chevalier books - three of em... at 14dollars per book...ang mahal!!! :(

hay! i miss powerbooks :)

Whenever I'm in the US, I prefer to go to the second-hand book shops.

They usually have great books for a fraction of their original price.

hello all! check this out...

Get 20% off on all imported regular books from June 12-15, 2004 at Powerbooks Greenbelt 4 and Glorietta 3! :)

Darn, I wish I had read this earlier :(

Lot of National Book Store branches are still selling the P99 hardbound books though. Mostly novels and light reading stuff but for P99 how can you go wrong. If you want to pick up some books just to have something to read and pass the time, I'd suggest going over and picking some out.

Fahfrd did go to the 50/75% off books...

but Chevalier is relatively new and her books arent in the 2nd hand bkstores yet.

i did get some Dean Koontz books there ... to pass the time :P

Hahaha!

Kaya naman pala eh, bago lang iyan.

For me kasi, personally, I prefer the old books. Iyung mga old sci-fi and fantasy book by the authors of yore. :cool:

Hehehe....

Hahaha!

Kaya naman pala eh, bago lang iyan.

For me kasi, personally, I prefer the old books. Iyung mga old sci-fi and fantasy book by the authors of yore. :cool:

Hehehe....

then you will luv the bargain bookstores here. ive been to several na. mostly i got old dean koontz books there.....

i want my chevalier! :(

Darn, I wish I had read this earlier :(

Lot of National Book Store branches are still selling the P99 hardbound books though. Mostly novels and light reading stuff but for P99 how can you go wrong. If you want to pick up some books just to have something to read and pass the time, I'd suggest going over and picking some out.

that's where I bought Blue Latitudes - a 2002 hardbound book at P99 :P

really am a sucker for Travel Adv books!

favorite author of mine is robert jordan... i've been following this book series of his - wheel of time - and it started like 10 yrs ago and its still ongoing (now on its 10th book)... im beginning to think that this series will go on forever...

didn't buy the last book though... i still kinda find it a little expensive :blush: ... i found a transcript of it though from kazaa (im not sure if i should be mentioning this)... newei, i never got around to reading it.... i still like the feeling of reading the old traditional-style book... the smell, the feel of the paper and the act of turning a page all adds up to the experience...

i also like the old Harold Robbins novel... carpetbaggers and the storyteller for me are still one of his best novels...

Favorite authors: Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, Margaret Atwood, JM DeMatteis...

Favorite Book: If I were to choose just one, it would have to be Douglas Adams' Mostly Harmless -- the last book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. Why? Because it was offbeat, funny, intelligent, entertaining, lacquious and just darn so much fun! Oh, and it's the type of writing I emulate.

Peace!

favorite author of mine is robert jordan... i've been following this book series of his - wheel of time - and it started like 10 yrs ago and its still ongoing (now on its 10th book)... im beginning to think that this series will go on forever...

didn't buy the last book though... i still kinda find it a little expensive :blush: ... i found a transcript of it though from kazaa (im not sure if i should be mentioning this)... newei, i never got around to reading it.... i still like the feeling of reading the old traditional-style book... the smell, the feel of the paper and the act of turning a page all adds up to the experience...

i also like the old Harold Robbins novel... carpetbaggers and the storyteller for me are still one of his best novels...

Nothing beats the feel of reading a book in the dead tree version. However, if you can get an e-copy for free, you shouldn't feel guilty reading the thing unless of course you can really afford to buy the dead tree version.

If you like Robert Jordan's series, that you might as well give Terry Goodkind a shot as well, his sword of truth series are very very good. If you want help procuring some e-copies, feel free to ask me. :)

Hahaha!

I do, I do! :boo:

Kaya nga I love going there whenever I get the chance. :)

hehehe.....

im goin later! :boo:

but grabe i swear i positively drool when i go to Barnes & Noble here! so mannnyyyy books all in one place! :boo:

and para on topic ako... Jeffrey Deaver is becoming a fave w/ me... sort of replacing Patricia Cornwell...

im goin later! :boo:

but grabe i swear i positively drool when i go to Barnes & Noble here! so mannnyyyy books all in one place! :boo:

and para on topic ako... Jeffrey Deaver is becoming a fave w/ me... sort of replacing Patricia Cornwell...

Hahaha!

Kaso lang mahal eh.

Hehehe....

Hahaha!

Kaso lang mahal eh.

Hehehe....

sinabi mo.

the chevalier books are at $14 apiece... and there are 3 books.

if i go to walmart or target ... they go for $10 but they dont have all the titles naman...

im frustrated.

i did get a 3novel dean koontz collection for $7 yesterday @ barnes. not bad. :P

sinabi mo.

the chevalier books are at $14 apiece... and there are 3 books.

if i go to walmart or target ... they go for $10 but they dont have all the titles naman...

im frustrated.

i did get a 3novel dean koontz collection for $7 yesterday @ barnes. not bad. :P

Hmm, mahal nga.

Ikain na lang natin iyan. :P

Pero sabagay, books naman are food for your soul and your mind. :)

I agree, books as long as they aren't text books are food for the brain. Yummy!!! :P

A query! A query! Has anybody ever read the 13 part series about Vampire: The Masquerade? Whitewolf recently reissued all 13 novels as part of a 4 book set with added content and rearranged chapters (something similar to a director's cut DVD except this time it is for books) I'm thinking of ordering it right now in Amazon since I can get about 5 dollars off per book, thereby saving me 20 dollars total and I don't even have to pay for shipping. I'm not sure though if the set is worth investing since there really hasn't been much reviews about the series at all. Anyone read it? Thanks in advance :)