Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

I've been part of the webscription program since it started about two to three years ago. So I've amassed quite a collection already of the various months they sell. While the CDs are nice to download, they still don't contain the entire catalog and most of the time the contents are redundant. Lately though due to the increasing lowering value of the peso, I've found myself limited to just buying a single book here and there from their release.

I've been resorting to e-donkey/overnet and even kazaalite and yet still I can't find some of the baen books available for download. Would you happen to know if there is a good copy of The Reaches by David Drake available for download via P2P?

Nope, haven't seen The Reaches by David Drake in e-book form thru P2P yet. But if I do, I'll download it and inform you....also sent you a PM

Hmm, I have a copy of all seven(7) of them. Or shall I say, had. They make good reading and it took a while before I was able to read all seven(7).

But that was a while back and I've loaned/given most of them away.

Seven nga ba? Let's see:

Death

War

Time

Fate

Nature

Evil

Good

Yup, seven(7) nga.

I'll see if I still have a copy of the last two. Since they're relatively the latest, I might still have my copies of them.

Although for me, the first about Death was the best.

You can try Booksale, I've seen several used books of this series there.

Thony's suggestion of the Apprentice Adept series by Piers Anthony is also good.

Oh yea, I remember Death. I also remember crying while reading the book. :) Uy, if you have pa the rest...can I borrow? :)

Mga boss, maari po ba akong magtanong kung meron na sainyong nakapag-basang mgagawa ni Umberto Eco? heavy reading ba syao liesure?

Salamat po.

:cool:  :mtc:  :mtc:

Hi Letoatredis, I'm guessing that you're a big Dune fan. :D

One of Umberto Eco's books was assigned to us to book report when I was in High School, so I have always thought of Umberto Eco as a "serious" writer and not for leisure.

That book report requirement just totally spoiled his works for me since I always associate him now with homework. :)

I think that the bpooks title was "The Name of the Rose". Which was also made into a TV movie.

Edited by Fahfrd
I love the "Myth Adventures" series of Robert Lynn Asprin... its light reading and quite funny... i suggest that you read this series in chronological order so as to be able to follow the flow of the story...

Yup, Robert Lynn Asprin is a good writer.

I've read the series he created and edited "Thieve's World" and it is very good.

I like the short stories he wrote for that world.

A shame that there never was a closure to that series.

One of the better ones I've been able to read.

Oh yea, I remember Death. I also remember crying while reading the book. :) Uy, if you have pa the rest...can I borrow? :)

Sure, I would be happy to.

I'm pretty sure that I still have the last book about the incarnation of Good, "And Eternity".

And I think that I also still have the one about the incarnation of Evil, "For Love of Evil".

Anyway, I'll put it in my car so that, if ever we meet, I can loan them to you. :)

Sure, I would be happy to.

I'm pretty sure that I still have the last book about the incarnation of Good, "And Eternity".

And I think that I also still have the one about the incarnation of Evil, "For Love of Evil".

Anyway, I'll put it in my car so that, if ever we meet, I can loan them to you. :)

Wow! You're an angel!!!

i can't wait! :)

Oh yea, I remember Death. I also remember crying while reading the book. :)  Uy, if you have pa the rest...can I borrow? :)

I have those collections! Piers Anthony's entire Apprentice & Incarnations of Immortality series! I've had them since they first came out when I was in high school.

I just don't know which box I put them in ... :(

Edited by trebbie

lately ive been reading the works of tracy chevalier. they are very good ... descriptive and almost lyrical.

i also like umberto eco ... his books are loads of fun in a "profound" way...

i read josteiin garder too ...

but that doesnt mean i dont read dan brown, patricia cornwell, caleb carr, jk rowling too...

;)

lately ive been reading the works of tracy chevalier. they are very good ... descriptive and almost lyrical.

i also like umberto eco ... his books are loads of fun in a "profound" way...

i read josteiin garder too ...

but that doesnt mean i dont read dan brown, patricia cornwell, caleb carr, jk rowling too...

;)

Whoa!

Deep thoughts ka pala, Wyld. :)

Good for you. :cool:

Whoa!

Deep thoughts ka pala, Wyld. :)

Good for you. :cool:

i sorta graduated onto those books... dati i read sidney sheldon, harold robbins, mga love stories etc etc....

that was all the way til grade 5 or 6.

but in grade 6 i discovered tolkien and there was no turnin back :)

i sorta graduated onto those books... dati i read sidney sheldon, harold robbins, mga love stories etc etc....

that was all the way til grade 5 or 6.

but in grade 6 i discovered tolkien and there was no turnin back :)

Hahaha!

Well, I was a wide reader when I was younger, too.

It soon became apparent to me though, that I really enjoy the sci-fi and fantasy genre.

So now, I almost exclusively read books in the genre na lang. :)

Do you also enjoy books of the sci-fi bent?