Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

Fahfrd !!!

you mean you took me for the danielle steele type? omg! :boo:

hehehe...

ryt now im readin tracy chevalier's girl with a pearl earring. great book. it was also made into a movie w/ scarlett johannson in it.

its about a little tale woven around the painting of johannes vermeer. fascinating. well written. intriguing.

:)

Sure, I would be happy to.

I'm pretty sure that I still have the last book about the incarnation of Good, "And Eternity".

And I think that I also still have the one about the incarnation of Evil, "For Love of Evil".

Anyway, I'll put it in my car so that, if ever we meet, I can loan them to you. :)

Wolfie! Wolfie! Got any good sci-fi/fantasy e-books you can send my way? :) I'm hoping you got some Baen stuff that I don't have.

1. F. Sionil Jose's Rosales saga (i.e. Dusk, Tree, Pretenders, Mass, and My Brother, My Executioner), Viajero, and Ermita. Ermita is my favorite.

2. Peter Bacho's Cebu.

3. Harry Potter Novels.

4. Crichton's Andromeda Strain, Disclosure, Rising Sun, The Congo, and Jurrasic Park.

5. Grisham's Time To k*ll, Rainmaker, and The Firm.

6. Clancy's Sum of All Fears.

7. Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon

I'm really glad I read the Crichton and Grisham novels (with the exception of Jurassic Park) before Hollywood made them into movies. The book ending of The Firm is different and more realistic than that of the movie's. The Congo book was more entertaining than the movie.

I don't know how many Classic Battletech fiction readers are in MTC, but I'm pretty much happy because with the start of the new www.battlecorps.com service, fans like me get to receive short stories, novellas and serialized chapters, telling thousands of untold tales in the Classic BattleTech universe from such authors as Loren Coleman, Robert Thurston, Randall Bills, Michael Stackpole and more, every single month.

The only negative thing is that you have to pay moolah to subscribe (and with the peso's fluctuating value, this can get really painful in the wallet), but hey! sometimes the best things in life do cost something. :D

The good 'ol days of action packed and character driven science fiction are back

B)

Right now I have Audrey Hepburn's Neck by Jim Brown, I think. I can;t remember na the name of the author. I haven't started reading it, but the reviews were pretty good.

I'm hoping to pick up a copy of Da Vinci Code soon. :)

Fahfrd !!!

you mean you took me for the danielle steele type? omg! :boo:

hehehe...

ryt now im readin tracy chevalier's girl with a pearl earring. great book. it was also made into a movie w/ scarlett johannson in it.

its about a little tale woven around the painting of johannes vermeer. fascinating. well written. intriguing.

:)

Hahaha!

Well, I just assumed from your nick.... :blush:

Hehehe.....

Hmm, I've seen a trailer of that movie.

Looks interesting, but as I've said, I'm almost totally into sci-fi/fantasy right now.

Good for you, though.

Are you enjoying the book? :)

harry potter 5 suckss!!

Hmm, really?

I've always been intrigued by that term, "sucks". How is "sucks" different from "blows"?

I mean, if a book sucks, can it also blow? :P

Hehehe.....

Seriously, did you enjoy the first 4 of the series? :)

I don't know how many Classic Battletech fiction readers are in MTC, but I'm pretty much happy because with the start of the new www.battlecorps.com service, fans like me get to receive short stories, novellas and serialized chapters, telling thousands of untold tales in the Classic BattleTech universe from such authors as Loren Coleman, Robert Thurston, Randall Bills, Michael Stackpole and more, every single month.

The only negative thing is that you have to pay moolah to subscribe (and with the peso's fluctuating value, this can get really painful in the wallet), but hey! sometimes the best things in life do cost something. :D

The good 'ol days of action packed and character driven science fiction are back

B)

Hahaha!

Thanks for the tip, dude.

I enjoy reading about the BattleTech universe.

Don;t know if I'm willing to spend the dough for it, though. :D

Wolfie! Wolfie! Got any good sci-fi/fantasy e-books you can send my way? :) I'm hoping you got some Baen stuff that I don't have.

Hahaha!

Sure, I'm willing to lend books that I've already read.

As long as you take care of them. :)

I usually wrap them in plastic and store them in a closet. (I know, I know, I'm weird that way. :P )

I seriously doubt, though, if I have any Baen books which you don't have. Knowing that you are a subsriber to Baen e-books. :D

I'll have a look at my closet and come up with a list of all the Baen books I have. I'm warning you though, that they're not that many.

I'm not really loyal to a particular publisher. Well, except probably TSR. :blush:

Hehehe.....

finally, i'm done with memoirs of a geisha. great read! :) and now on to 100 years by marquez. actually, i bought 100 yrs before the geisha book. but i just couldn't help myself getting my hands on golden's book. thus, i skipped reading 100 yrs. hehe! :P

friend of mine says this is a pretty good read, haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm too busy. :(

if you're a Laking National member, you can purchase the book with a 20% discount. that's their treat for the month of june, along with a few other books worth reading. ;)

Hmm, really?

I've always been intrigued by that term, "sucks". How is "sucks" different from "blows"?

I mean, if a book sucks, can it also blow? :P

Hehehe.....

Seriously, did you enjoy the first 4 of the series? :)

fave ko book 1 and 3 and 4

hehe the bets 1 kasi un ung unang una na nibukas ng mundo

ni harry

next un 4 kasi exciting kasi competition

un 3 kasi may godfather sha ( i hate the movie tho)

fave ko book 1 and 3 and 4

hehe the bets 1 kasi un ung unang una na nibukas ng mundo

ni harry

next un 4 kasi exciting kasi competition

un 3 kasi may godfather sha ( i hate the movie tho)

Hahaha!

I haven't read a single Harry Potter book, yet.

Currently don't have the inclination to, though that may change in the future.

Neither have I watched any of the movies. Well, except the parts I see while channel surfing when it is being shown on HBO.

I'll take your word for it. :)

Hehehe....

Hahaha!

Well, I just assumed from your nick.... :blush:

Hehehe.....

Hmm, I've seen a trailer of that movie.

Looks interesting, but as I've said, I'm almost totally into sci-fi/fantasy right now.

Good for you, though.

Are you enjoying the book? :)

tut tut Fahfrd assumptions never did anyone any good!

I liked Chevalier's book. It's makin me want to go out and buy her other three or four books... After that I also finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown... not bad at all.

I am currently reading a Jeffrey Deaver book ... galing! :cool:

Hahaha!

Sure, I'm willing to lend books that I've already read.

As long as you take care of them. :)

I usually wrap them in plastic and store them in a closet. (I know, I know, I'm weird that way. :P )

I seriously doubt, though, if I have any Baen books which you don't have. Knowing that you are a subsriber to Baen e-books. :D

I'll have a look at my closet and come up with a list of all the Baen books I have. I'm warning you though, that they're not that many.

I'm not really loyal to a particular publisher. Well, except probably TSR. :blush:

Hehehe.....

Wow! Thanks Wulfie! Although I do perfer receiving books via e-copies instead of borrowing the dead tree versions. Less chance of failing to return them and developing a blood feud along the way. :P