Who Are Your Favorite Authors? Favorite Books?

got a book by one of my favorite travel writers, Jan Morris. It's called A Writer's House in Wales. A thin book about the writer talking about her roots in Wales..

nothing much really, but I'm always curious about other places, other cultures. I have books about the Basques, about a family's taking up roots in the Spanish Andalusians, those sort of things....

• 1 month later...

hey everyone. got this in my inbox. you might be interested. :rolleyes:

Enjoy up to 70% discount from August 1-31, 2004 in all POWERBOOKS branches! Plus get a Free Carry-All Bag for every P2,500 purchase!

For inquiries, call our branches at 757-6428 to 29 (Greenbelt 4), 635-2898 to 99 (SM Megamall), 850-5662 to 63 (Alabang Town Center), 752-7067 or 75 (Glorietta 3)

hey everyone. got this in my inbox. you might be interested. :rolleyes:

Enjoy up to 70% discount from August 1-31, 2004 in all POWERBOOKS branches! Plus get a Free Carry-All Bag for every P2,500 purchase!

For inquiries, call our branches at 757-6428 to 29 (Greenbelt 4), 635-2898 to 99 (SM Megamall), 850-5662 to 63 (Alabang Town Center), 752-7067 or 75 (Glorietta 3)

thanks mayella! will check that out :P

this is quite embarassing coz pambata

tong book na to.. which is almost

like harry potter too..

If you like Harry potter, you might

like this book I'm reading. It's not as

exciting but it's quite different. Title nya

"Darren Shan" Mga 10 na yung books

pero meron namang books na compiled

yung three stories in one book.

Na-aaddict ako kasi ang babaw nung story

pero masarap basahin :)

Edited by nzchick

like harry potter too..

NZ

I dont think you should be embarrassed with reading books for kid's, I usually read children's books like Jonie B. Jones when I just need to relax my brain from reading too much Prog. Books. :)

Edited by b_r_o_k_e
I fell asleep most of the time in Bio class so I never really picked up much on female erogenous zones. Maybe if I buy a biology book, I can pick up a few tips. :lol:

I think the brain is one of women's erogenous zone men should focus on, unless the girl has nothing in between her ears. But then it will never pass for a gspot. :boo: :lol: :upside:

I've always enjoyed reading Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales when I was a kid and I'm sure a lot of you enjoyed them too.

yup, i love fairy tales. i guess i learned to love 'em from my mom. she'd buy us these fairy tale books before and i got so hooked on them. binasa ko lahat. :D

angat uli natin :P

How was Irving's A Son of the Circus?

parang iba pagkakaintindi ko dun sa buried deep in the recesses :lol:

haven't read it yet. but i was able to buy a hardbound copy of his book "the fourth hand" at book sale for only P150. haven't read it pa kasi i have tons of books to read pa. :P

i saw love in the time of cholera at powerbooks a few weeks ago and was so tempted to buy it. i decided against it coz it was sooo expensive. labas na sa budget ko. :P

bods, baket? ano ba naisip mo re: recesses? :rolleyes: naughty ba in nature??? hehe! :boo:

haven't read it yet. but i was able to buy a hardbound copy of his book "the fourth hand" at book sale for only P150. haven't read it pa kasi i have tons of books to read pa.  :P

i saw love in the time of cholera at powerbooks a few weeks ago and was so tempted to buy it. i decided against it coz it was sooo expensive. labas na sa budget ko. :P

bods, baket? ano ba naisip mo re: recesses?  :rolleyes:  naughty ba in nature??? hehe! :boo:

that was quite a long time ago - when you had that Irving :P Ako din, I have mega-heaps of books to read - mostly travel lit. Right now I'm still stuck in Australia (In a Sunburnt Country).

Wala ka bang makita nung Garcia-Marquez sa mga booksale? Admittedly, nakakapanghinayang talaga ang mga presyo ng new books.

recesses when combined with buried deep took on some shades of purple prose :P

like harry potter too..

at my age I still enjoy reading Harry Potter. :P

The appeal of these books lies in their being completely unpretentious, so there :)

for those still hung-up on that Dan Brown book, maybe you'd be interested to read Born In Blood by John Robinson (?). It's a non-fiction book that deals with the origins of Freemasons and his thesis that the Freemasons were born out of the ashes of the Knights Templar, or is actually the Knights Templar themselves...

LOTR-J.R.R. Tolkien

Fountainhead- Ayn Rand

War and Remembrance, Winds of War- Herman Wouk

The Notebook, Walk to Remember- Nicholas Sparks

The Bourne series- Robert Ludlom

Windmills of God- Sidney Sheldon

Living. Loving, Learning- Leo Buscaglia

Love- Leo Buscaglia

Gift of Acabar- Og Mandino

Jonathan Livingston Seagull- Richard Bach

The Parable of Peanuts- Robert L. Short

For light reading

-books by Danille Steele

-barbara taylor bradford

at madami pang iba..

ouch! **wincing** you gave away books? That is kind of hard to do. My friend when he decided to leave the country entered into a loan agreement with me concerning his books. I drop by every now and then in his room at his family's house to make sure the books are all tidy and still complete. Never can trust a sibling not to sell your books, especially when you're going to be gone long term.

sometimes you have to specially if the space is starting to get too small. I usually give my books away to people i really know who will love it and pass it on to their friends. Just last week i have two big boxes of books that i have to dispose of... it's sad but gotta to do it. Sometimes I give it to charity so they can make money out of it.

that was quite a long time ago - when you had that Irving :P Ako din, I have mega-heaps of books to read - mostly travel lit. Right now I'm still stuck in Australia (In a Sunburnt Country).

Wala ka bang makita nung Garcia-Marquez sa mga booksale? Admittedly, nakakapanghinayang talaga ang mga presyo ng new books.

recesses when combined with buried deep took on some shades of purple prose :P

couldn't find any of marquez' books in book sale eh. was able to buy one though by allende. ok rin pala yung book sale ng diplomat bookstore. they sell a wider range of second hand books. some even by popular authors. their books are still in very good condition and you can buy the hard bound ones for P150, softbound for P100. :cool:

Edited by Mayella
couldn't find any of marquez' books in book sale eh. was able to buy one though by allende. ok rin pala yung book sale ng diplomat bookstore. they sell a wider range of second hand books. some even by popular authors. their books are still in very good condition and you can buy the hard bound ones for P150, softbound for P100. :cool:

if I may, where's Diplomat Bookstore?