Utah Jazz

FF

the jazz dominated the offensive rebounding that got them back to the game. i don't really consider the jazz the underdogs in this series since they were able to advance to the conference finals last year and they have the same lineup that reached the conference finals. they just lost fisher and giricek this year but they still have the core players in this team.

in 1999, every win against the chicago bulls was an upset.

poor shooting by the jazz ( 36 of 95 / 37.9 % ) cost them the game. an off night by dwill ( 14-18 from the field ) and a 38 point performance by kobe ( spelled M-V-P) spelled the difference in this game.

hope the jazz settle down in game 2. goooooooooooooooo jazz !

Don't worry... Jerry Sloan will make the necessary adjustments. :thumbsupsmiley: Let's win Game 2!

Solid Jazz to the core!

GO JAZZ!!!

Nice to have you back in this thread lilcorbin! :thumbsupsmiley:

yes! welcome lyssa(retired)hot ! btw ... legionnaire ... who's lilcorbin ?

fearless frediction ( or FF ) ... Jazz will bang lakers into submission in game 2 !

Guest airmax
^ Whatever you say, bro. ^_^ You can keep on downplaying the Lakers' chances but it's still brighter than sunlight that the Jazz are an inferior team right now.

For one to be able to determine who is the underdog in a match-up, you only have to answer one question: Who is the stronger team at the moment?

It's not: Who has the stronger line-up last year?

I guess the answer is obvious. ^_^

1. Which team has the court advantage?

2. Which team has the better win-loss record?

3. Which team won the regular season series?

4. Which team has marquee names?

5. Which team is "expected" to win this series?

6. Which team has a stronger line-up?

Every basketball fan would answer all six questions in the same manner: the Lakers. I just don't understand why you can't accept the fact that Utah is the underdog here. Wala namang masama kung liyamado man ang Lakers di ba? -_-

I know how we Filipinos love underdogs but dude... you're overplaying it! :D

im not downplaying the lakers chances. kasi ang akala noong iba porket no.1 seed ang lakers eh automatic sila ang llamado. that's what you call as not really looking at a much bigger picture. we have a saying the best teacher is experience. considering what the jazz have accomplished last year lamang sila sa experience. sa lakers naman si kobe, fisher, walton at odom lang ang nakarating or nakalampas ng second round. well kanya kanyang opinion yan pare. that's my opinion and i would stick with it. as for what you've enumerated come playoff time you can just throw that out of the window.

Edited by airmax
Guest airmax
kobe and fish have a lot more experience than the rest of the jazz combined

i know but basketball is a team game i'm talking about the overall experience. lalabas lang naman yang experience issue na yan kung matatalo ang lakers sa series na ito.

i know but basketball is a team game i'm talking about the overall experience. lalabas lang naman yang experience issue na yan kung matatalo ang lakers sa series na ito.

basketball is a team sport but unlike other sports one or a couple of players can make the difference... unlike in other sports where there as many as 11 players on the field so their values aren't magnified

Guest airmax
basketball is a team sport but unlike other sports one or a couple of players can make the difference... unlike in other sports where there as many as 11 players on the field so their values aren't magnified

i'll stick with my opinion

i know the no opinions are wrong but it can be flawed

utah's secret weapon: zanessa!

zanessa > jack nicholson

I know this is flawed.

Zanessa > jack nicholson?!!! That's just plain uninformed HSMBS. How can that possibly compare to this?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/b2/fullj.5b6c187362389d77b6a2351e4b63382e/5b6c187362389d77b6a2351e4b63382e-getty-80391792ab010_jazz_lakers.jpg

When it comes to Jack, no one can handle the truth. :lol:

Edited by boibastos
im not downplaying the lakers chances. kasi ang akala noong iba porket no.1 seed ang lakers eh automatic sila ang llamado. that's what you call as not really looking at a much bigger picture. we have a saying the best teacher is experience. considering what the jazz have accomplished last year lamang sila sa experience. sa lakers naman si kobe, fisher, walton at odom lang ang nakarating or nakalampas ng second round. well kanya kanyang opinion yan pare. that's my opinion and i would stick with it. as for what you've enumerated come playoff time you can just throw that out of the window.

If calling the Lakers the underdogs in this series isn't downplaying their chances... I don't know what is. :blush: It is to be expected that seeded teams will be tagged as llamado or else, we shouldn't have invented the word upset. Though I agree with you that experience is the best teacher, I don't know how it applies here. Are you saying that the Jazz are more experienced than the Lakers? Isn't it more appropriate to say that you believe that the Jazz have better chemistry than the Lakers? But then again... that's not entirely true... Kobe, Odom, Fish, Walton, and some of the Hollywood crew have been playing together for quite some time now. It's just that the Jazz have had better accomplishments in the last playoffs. :rolleyes:

I respect your opinion. And I'll stick to mine - that the Jazz are the underdogs in this series and the Lakers winning this series will never be tagged as an upset. Even up to now, I find it funny that if the Lakers will win this round... I'll have to call it an upset. ^_^

As for the things I enumerated... they really can be thrown out of the window but remember why I listed them. They are not a list of reasons why the Lakers should win... they're a list of reasons why the Lakers are not the underdogs. ;)

Peace! :cool:

I don't think Jazz will win the 2nd round if they can't find a way to stop Kobe... a bruce bowen type of defence can do the trick... my two cents pre..

You're right. Thing is no one can STOP Kobe. If you have these type of players for opponents, you can only neutralize their effectiveness. You can try to make him bleed for every point. You can shutdown his team mates. You can out score his team to make his point production irrelevant.

What happens is, the Jazz are not really controlling the tempo if the first two games of this series. They are playing the Lakers-type of basketball. You don't expect to win by making your opponent shoot almost 57% from the field while you make only about 40-plus percent of yours... and that discrepancy in blocks in Game 2... whew! And how about the difference in FT attempts? 16 to 43... duh?! :huh: Looks like Boozer-Okur are taken to school by the Gasol-Odom combo.

Anyways, I hope the change in venue will revive the spirit of the Jazz. Deron Williams should be more assertive. Carlos was yakking about the calls but he also made just 3 of 10 from the field. Anyways, I hope the Jazz can get more leeway and a few more favorable breaks from the refs now that they'd be playing at home.

One win should do it. The Energy Solutions Arena... the toughest building in the league surrendered one win against the Rockets. One win is already being TOO generous. The generosity should stop now. Go Jazz!

You're right. Thing is no one can STOP Kobe. If you have these type of players for opponents, you can only neutralize their effectiveness. You can try to make him bleed for every point. You can shutdown his team mates. You can out score his team to make his point production irrelevant.

What happens is, the Jazz are not really controlling the tempo if the first two games of this series. They are playing the Lakers-type of basketball. You don't expect to win by making your opponent shoot almost 57% from the field while you make only about 40-plus percent of yours... and that discrepancy in blocks in Game 2... whew! And how about the difference in FT attempts? 16 to 43... duh?! :huh: Looks like Boozer-Okur are taken to school by the Gasol-Odom combo.

Anyways, I hope the change in venue will revive the spirit of the Jazz. Deron Williams should be more assertive. Carlos was yakking about the calls but he also made just 3 of 10 from the field. Anyways, I hope the Jazz can get more leeway and a few more favorable breaks from the refs now that they'd be playing at home.

One win should do it. The Energy Solutions Arena... the toughest building in the league surrendered one win against the Rockets. One win is already being TOO generous. The generosity should stop now. Go Jazz!

spot on L. the lakers are playing pressure free ( kobe's guarantee that they'd be playing til june ? the man's WALKING the talk) while the jazz are muffing layups and bricking open jumpers. a win will do wonders for their confidence. hope they win two in the dump.

go jazzzz indeed !