Utah Jazz

FF

jazz take game 1 on the road against the rockets ! it wasn't the jazz at their sharpest as they struggled with the undermanned rockets ... losing their 13 point lead and even allowing the rockets to come back.

imho problem with the jazz is they have a hard time getting it up for "weaker" opponents ; a fact that has me worried in this series with the rockets. with homecourt advantage back to the jazz .. hope that sloan lights a fire underneath the team.

I think part of it is knowing just how good they are. they know they're better than the Rockets so they practically coasted through

a good chunk of the game, letting the Houston hang around and out-work them.

the old Jazz teams didn't really have as much so they threw everything (and oftentimes, literally) at the other team just to get the job done.

I think part of it is knowing just how good they are. they know they're better than the Rockets so they practically coasted through

a good chunk of the game, letting the Houston hang around and out-work them.

the old Jazz teams didn't really have as much so they threw everything (and oftentimes, literally) at the other team just to get the job done.

a win is a win is win is a win . but i bet sloan is far from happy. what would i give to see the jazz up and destroy the rockets ( similar to the beating the jazz gave the spurs at home where team duncan just scored 64 points) cause that's what championship teams do ... they obliterate weaker teams ( see boston's teams with bird and the bulls during the mj era ). if you give weaker teams them a chance to hang around , they might get hot and hang the L around your neck. cmon guys ... show the stuff !

Nice win in Game 1. :thumbsupsmiley: Congrats FF and the rest of the Jazz fans.

Bring on the LAKERS! ^_^

tenchu... tenchu :thumbsupsmiley: at mabuhay din po kayo sir legionnaire. however ... three more wins to go before we jazz fans will go out drink ourselves into a doozy. hope the jazz won't be lulled by a sense of complacency and overconfidence . among the playoff qualifiers ... only the jazz have a combined losing record on the road against minnesota ( twice pa ! ) ... miami and memphis . )

the lakers ? still to early to say. but as an nba fan i do hope that the nuggets put up a better fight against the lakers.

tenchu... tenchu :thumbsupsmiley: at mabuhay din po kayo sir legionnaire. however ... three more wins to go before we jazz fans will go out drink ourselves into a doozy. hope the jazz won't be lulled by a sense of complacency and overconfidence . among the playoff qualifiers ... only the jazz have a combined losing record on the road against minnesota ( twice pa ! ) ... miami and memphis . )

the lakers ? still to early to say. but as an nba fan i do hope that the nuggets put up a better fight against the lakers.

Right now, I can't think of a good reason why the jazz and lakers won't meet in the 2nd round.

Both teams aren't of the same class as their current matchups (Houston, arguably is a better team in the playoffs with Yao. Denver, is hopeless unless they miraculously learn how to play defense.).

UTAH v HOUSTON -- worst case would be 6 games

LA v DENVER -- worst case would be 5 games

So again. Bring on the LAKERS! ^_^

Right now, I can't think of a good reason why the jazz and lakers won't meet in the 2nd round.

Both teams aren't of the same class as their current matchups (Houston, arguably is a better team in the playoffs with Yao. Denver, is hopeless unless they miraculously learn how to play defense.).

UTAH v HOUSTON -- worst case would be 6 games

LA v DENVER -- worst case would be 5 games

So again. Bring on the LAKERS! ^_^

thank you for bringing your unbridled optimism into the thread benjied! but forgive me for sounding so sloanish but we still have three games to win. watching game 2 right now ... tmac is uncharacteristically intense and the rockets are hanging with the jazz . jazz lead by six but they have to thank several point blank misses by rockets for the slim lead.

man ... i hope we win this one . won't it be sweet to go home up 2-0 !

that's it. jazz go up 2-0 as they take two on the road. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

quote for the day : when asked about his bruised butt ... deron says " it's all behind me now ".

Deron has a mild ankle sprain. Finally the Houston guards can catch up to him (a little bit).^_^

Although this time, they're playing on the JAZZ homecourt.

Btw, kudos to Ashton Korver. Great shot in the dying seconds. ^_^

all started by a great rebound by ak47 off a "the lizard is dead" miss by korver too. (man i wonder if they call that miss by the same name too.)

to the dead lizard ...your sacrifice was not in vain. jazz won .