Utah Jazz

FF

jazz blast tmac and the rockettes behind a balanced offensive attack which saw all five starters score in double figures. with this one in the books , jazz face kobe and the lakers this monday early am.

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jazz !

jazz blast tmac and the rockettes behind a balanced offensive attack which saw all five starters score in double figures. with this one in the books , jazz face kobe and the lakers this monday early am.

all in all seven players in double figures. Assist story: Jazz 19, Rockets 10.... Great team play for Utah

We dare you to boo Fish again in Game 1. :lol:

as the sun rises and sets ... you can rely on the jazz fans to boo fish

all in all seven players in double figures. Assist story: Jazz 19, Rockets 10.... Great team play for Utah

this series should have been done in 5. problem with utah is they haven't been this consistently good . plus they dont have a close-it-out- killer attitude.

on the positive side , the jazz are the underdogs vs. the lakers. imho ... this favors the jazz as i think they play better when they're the ones not favored to win.

gooooooooooooooooooooooo jazz !

Guest airmax

nakakainis mga fans ng utah. kaya nga umalis si fish dahil gusto nyang ipagamot ang anak nya. unfortunately utah doesnt have the doctors or facilities to take care of his kid. tapos binoo pa sya. parang walang puso ang mga fans nila. tama lang ung tinalo talaga sila ng bulls noong 97 and 98 hahaha.

that's what centuries of inbreeding can do, I guess.

what I don't get is that their fans don't really get that Utah's management actually made this goodwill gesture and allowed it to happen for Fish.

hindi naman siya nanlinlang ng bulag kagaya ni Carlos Boozer eh.

Edited by gift_of_game

I'm not in this series for the players. I'm more like on Jerry Sloan versus Phil Jackson.

Good luck to your Jazz, Fellatio.

this from the salt lake tribune on why the jazz boo fish :

The former Jazz guard left Salt Lake, saying he wanted to get better care for his seriously ill daughter. Then he signed with the Lakers.

While it's doubtful he would actually jeopardize his daughter's health for a basketball decision, that didn't keep Jazz fans from booing him when he returned to Utah.

Still, it may not be personal. They also booed Karl Malone's return as a Laker, despite 18 seasons in Utah; booed Gordan Giricek and Raja Bell upon their returns, too.

In Utah, it's pretty easy to differentiate the good guys from the bad. The good guys are wearing Jazz blue. Everyone else is a cockroach.

I'm not in this series for the players. I'm more like on Jerry Sloan versus Phil Jackson.

Good luck to your Jazz, Fellatio.

man we need ginormous amounts of it against the lakers . thanks guernica !

Showbiz! :lol:

Go Jazz! Beat the Lakers!

thanks legionnaire ! goooooooooooooo jazz !

I made a bet with my cousin, na if the Jazz take it 7 games, I win....

do u think Utah can win this one or can they get the Lakers to the edge??

what you think grandmasters??

The Jazz are underdogs here. The reason why I like their chances better than Denver's is that despite the awesome talent that the Nuggets had on paper, the Jazz more than makes up for it with precision and execution. You can expect nothing less from a team led by Jerry Sloan. Besides, you can't really say that Utah lacks talent with Boozer and D-Will in the line-up. Honestly, the Lakers should concern themselves more with D-Will than Boozer because aside from the point guard's talent, he's got a mismatch in his position.

It's fun to guess how Utah will try to contain Kobe but really, you'd rather have Kobe drop 40 points on you than have Gasol, Odom, and any other Laker to contribute. But of course, that's easier said than done. Mehmo's having a great playoffs and he should continue to do so. But I'm more concerned with AK47. He should step up big time especially in defense against the boys from Hollywood who are breathing offense. Whoever would be guarded by Radman should be ultra-aggressive in offense... hear me Kirilenko? :blush:

This will be a tall order... but definitely doable. :blush:

Guest airmax

the jazz dominated the offensive rebounding that got them back to the game. i don't really consider the jazz the underdogs in this series since they were able to advance to the conference finals last year and they have the same lineup that reached the conference finals. they just lost fisher and giricek this year but they still have the core players in this team.

^ Whatever you say, bro. ^_^ You can keep on downplaying the Lakers' chances but it's still brighter than sunlight that the Jazz are an inferior team right now.

For one to be able to determine who is the underdog in a match-up, you only have to answer one question: Who is the stronger team at the moment?

It's not: Who has the stronger line-up last year?

I guess the answer is obvious. ^_^

1. Which team has the court advantage?

2. Which team has the better win-loss record?

3. Which team won the regular season series?

4. Which team has marquee names?

5. Which team is "expected" to win this series?

6. Which team has a stronger line-up?

Every basketball fan would answer all six questions in the same manner: the Lakers. I just don't understand why you can't accept the fact that Utah is the underdog here. Wala namang masama kung liyamado man ang Lakers di ba? -_-

I know how we Filipinos love underdogs but dude... you're overplaying it! :D

Edited by Legionnaire

poor shooting by the jazz ( 36 of 95 / 37.9 % ) cost them the game. an off night by dwill ( 14-18 from the field ) and a 38 point performance by kobe ( spelled M-V-P) spelled the difference in this game.

hope the jazz settle down in game 2. goooooooooooooooo jazz !