Utah Jazz

FF

nagkakataon talaga na laging my tinik sa Utah Jazz in reaching their ultimate goal...

before was # 23

now its # 24

Jerry Sloan should add some pieces to the puzzle....

yeah. pansin ko din yan. and if #24 proves to be a thorn on their side, i don't think any addition will complete the puzzle. they'll just have to wait for #24 to retire.

too bad, when no. 23 retired, stockton malone is on the way down na rin. but if it's not LA, i'd like utah to win. sana makaisa man lang si jerry sloan, the longest running active coach with the same team in the league (18 seasons). even sloan is not liked by the media, i've read before, that's why he hasn't won the COY award yet. but he's really deserving of the award and the title before.

Guest airmax
definitely there will be a game 7!

GO JAZZ!

talaga lang ha. :thumbsupsmiley:

sabi nga ni deron williams they're not able to get over the hump. something that they were also not able to do in game 5.

Edited by airmax
talaga lang ha. :thumbsupsmiley:

sabi nga ni deron williams they're not able to get over the hump. something that they were also not able to do in game 5.

as a fan dude, u shud give a positive view of it. unfortunately talo but I'm still proud for this UNDERDOG team :thumbsupsmiley:

i'll take JAZZ as my 2nd team in NBA!!

NICE JAZZ!!!!

• 1 month later...

wanting to solidify their center slot ... the jazz drafted a couple of big men in the draft . Kosta koufos ( 7-0 , center , 265 lbs freshman out of ohio state) http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/draft/1333501 , ante tomic ( 7-1 , center , 230 lbs from Zagreb, Croatia ) http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/draft/1619317 and tadija dragicevic ( 6-9 , 222 lbs from Belgarde , Serbia ) http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/draft/1622488

drafted no. 23 overall , koufos has a chance to slide into the backup center slot while tomic and dragicevic look like they'll spend a few more years abroad. (fyi the jazz get to keep their nba draft rights ) at worst koufos will join last year's 2nd round draftee Kyrylo Fesenko in the nbdl utah flash.

too bad the jazz weren't able to get the space eating , shotblocking big man they've always wanted. <_<

mark eaton?

hahaha! truly a jazz fan . or at least someone who clearly knows jazz history. :thumbsupsmiley:

robin lopez or hibbert would've been high on the jazz draft board. still and all ... it's intriguing to see whether koufos or fesenko can shore up the jazz defense.

imho ... plug a player like camby into the center slot and chances are the jazz would go deep into the playoffs again.

but the season's not yet done. the glut at the guard / swing spots ( almond , cj miles , brewer ) as well as the availability of jason hart means that there's still a chance for a roster during the offseason. there's been a lot of talk of boozer being moved . question is what player / players can other nba teams offer that can equal the value of a player like boozer ?

good point with Camby.

a locked-in Andrei playing to true to form and Boozer delivering might also do the trick.

maybe Okur could also be utilized a bit more on the low block (he used to have a few promising go-to moves when he was with the Pistons) instead of being made to camp out too much for jumpers.

at some point, as well, the Jazz may have to decide how to max out Millsap's contributions.

as for the draft, it's a bit of a mixed blessing that they ended up with Koufos since between him and Hibbert, there's still considerable upside for the former.

a few have even gone as far as saying that he could end up as a poor man's version of Memo.

^I would even go to the extent that Koufus has more potential than Mehmet had coming to the league with Kostka showing more fondness of playing like a wing player than a big given his height. that said, Koufus might have a hard time though getting minutes under Sloan as he has to show grit and the desire battling in the paint as he obviously ain't fast enough to be converted to a 3 to spell AK at times. and according to some media people who covered OSU games, the Greek-American never showed that in college...

The Utah Jazz need a vet... someone with confidence... Deron,Carlos and Okur are already a solid core... but I need the Jazz needs to shake things up a bit to go to the next level. Im a big fan of jerry sloan, he makes the game so simple and the jazz are always in contention... I am waiting for the Jazz to have an electrifying combo guard... I would love to see AI in a Jazz uniform... even as a sixth man. Dont think it will happen though. :thumbsupsmiley:

and that's....???

Hibbert would have fit the bill, not entirely though, but him being a character and blue-collar type of player would have been a great addition to a Jerry Sloan coached team. he might not be a flyswatter type of a center but he can provide the solid inside defensive presence that Okur definitely doesn't...

^yup, I agree I don't see much upside to Hibbert too but with Boozer and Deron already leading the scoring reins for the Jazz, I do believe what they just needed from the 5 spot was a solid "role" player like Collins did before for the succesful Nets team/s of recent years. solid rebounding here and there and taking on the opposing teams primary inside player will be a lot of help to ease the burden on Carlos...

hay juat wana know wat happend to millsap??? r they gonna sign him up?? or he will play else wer???

the jazz exercised their option on millsap. he stays in a jazz uni. next year he'l be a restricted fa ...

wag nila pakawalan si millsap ok sa backup yun... i think dis team will stay w there line up. no trades will be done here. as long sloan is d man....

as a fan ... the jazz really need to improve their defense. but with the dearth of defensive minded centers ( diop signing a five year 26 mil ! WTF ? take it as a sign of desperation from the mavs) . looks like another doughnut year for the jazz. hopefully , 14 combined feet of help is on its way ( fesenko and koufos ) in the near future.

dwill watch : jazz fans are waiting for the announcement of deron williams'es contract extension. chris paul got his 90 mil extension and league pundits also expect deron to get his.

here's part of an interview with dwill that appeared in the salt lake tribune :

Williams said the Jazz did talk about a maximum-value extension, which could pay him upwards of $90 million if he signed for the full five years.

"It's definitely been brought up," Williams said. "We'll see how it goes."

As of now, Williams has made no decision about contract length. Although New Orleans' Chris Paul signed a three-year contract with a fourth-year option, Williams said four- and five-year contracts were still being discussed with the Jazz.

It's not believed to be as simple as Williams wanting to sign a shorter deal and the Jazz wanting him to sign a longer one. Williams and his representatives are weighing several factors, including what future NBA collective bargaining agreements may look like.

Asked what the sticking point was in getting a deal done, Williams said: "Really my thing is I want to see how the team is going. The team could be a different team in two or three years."

He mentioned the possibility that Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur and Kyle Korver all could opt out of their contracts and become free agents next summer. Williams also mentioned Jerry Sloan's future as Jazz coach beyond this season.

"So it could be a whole different scenario in the next couple years," Williams said, "and I just want to make sure that things are going the right way because I'm about winning. I don't care about stats, I don't care about any of that. I care about winning."

Edited by FF

love to hear that from the kid, FF.

gotta be honest, I first thought the dude was all brash and inflated when he called out AK a few years back...I knew he meant well then but clearly, things could've been handled better.

hope they find a way to get Millsap more floor time. they're just so much better on both ends when he's on the floor.

love to hear that from the kid, FF.

gotta be honest, I first thought the dude was all brash and inflated when he called out AK a few years back...I knew he meant well then but clearly, things could've been handled better.

hope they find a way to get Millsap more floor time. they're just so much better on both ends when he's on the floor.

kid's awright gog. millsap is indeed a great player who plays at the 3 and 4 when the team needs some toughness underneath. guy just needs to develop a reliable mid-court j.

just hope that the jazz don't let the future possibilities ( player opting out , expiring contracts ) distract them from the season. imho if they can get fesenko / koufos to play some meaningful minutes.

The Jazz should be patient with their current roster... I like their chances next year...

And that means bad news for my Mavs! :lol:

there might be small tweaks here and there as the jazz.cj miles might be move in a sign and trade. but you're right ... the best move for the jazz might be to stand pat.

and here's someone that believes that the mavs are still contenders this coming season

http://www.star-telegram.com/nbainsider/story/753982.html

Edited by FF