Utah Jazz

FF

Pero I think may laban ang jazz. They have a deep bench, and they can foul often and hard.

Exactly my thoughts :thumbsupsmiley: However, you can sense the confidence of Kobe when he was interviewed after the win over Utah. Lady reporter practically questioned the wisdom of winning over the jazz when the Lakers would be better off facing dallas. Kobe answered that he welcomes the physicallity of Utah :thumbsupsmiley: I hope the Jazz beat him up black and bruised or better yet fractured :thumbsupsmiley: Lakers did the same thing to the spurs by clotheslining derek anderson that sent him recuperating throughout the playoffs and unti the next season

Exactly my thoughts :thumbsupsmiley: However, you can sense the confidence of Kobe when he was interviewed after the win over Utah. Lady reporter practically questioned the wisdom of winning over the jazz when the Lakers would be better off facing dallas. Kobe answered that he welcomes the physicallity of Utah :thumbsupsmiley: I hope the Jazz beat him up black and bruised or better yet fractured :thumbsupsmiley: Lakers did the same thing to the spurs by clotheslining derek anderson that sent him recuperating throughout the playoffs and unti the next season

Sana magdilang anghel ka :upside:

Kayang kaya naman talaga ng Utah jazz talunin kahit anong western conference team including the Lakers. Hindi na nila kailangang kuyugin si Kobe <_< There is really a problem in the locker room kaya ang pangit ng chemistry ng Jazz. It started with the clamor of AK47 for minutes and his resentment coming off the bench even though he is one of the highest paid players in Utah. Then Deron Williams signed a big contract. Hindi naman bobo ang mga agents ng mga players ng Utah. They know the salary cap and thus they know the financial flexibiity of the team. As it is, Okur, Boozer and Paul Millsap are expecting to be rewarded by bigger contracts this year. Mukhang impossible magkasya sa limited finances ng utah. Boozer has been playing below expectations. I think he is going to bolt out and sign somewhere else. His absence in the frontline will not be missed with the improving play of Millsap.

Last year, AK47 and Matt Harpring both harrassed Kobe on the defensive end with minimal success but they did punish him whenever he penetrated into the paint.

This year that intensity on the defensive end is wanting. Defensive help from the weak side is lacking and I don't understand why coach sloan tolerates this defensive apathy :thumbsdownsmiley:

If the Jazz can get their act together, they can win the first round in seven games. Right now, they have no chance winning at Staples <_<

Kayang kaya naman talaga ng Utah jazz talunin kahit anong western conference team including the Lakers. Hindi na nila kailangang kuyugin si Kobe <_< There is really a problem in the locker room kaya ang pangit ng chemistry ng Jazz. It started with the clamor of AK47 for minutes and his resentment coming off the bench even though he is one of the highest paid players in Utah. Then Deron Williams signed a big contract. Hindi naman bobo ang mga agents ng mga players ng Utah. They know the salary cap and thus they know the financial flexibiity of the team. As it is, Okur, Boozer and Paul Millsap are expecting to be rewarded by bigger contracts this year. Mukhang impossible magkasya sa limited finances ng utah. Boozer has been playing below expectations. I think he is going to bolt out and sign somewhere else. His absence in the frontline will not be missed with the improving play of Millsap.

Last year, AK47 and Matt Harpring both harrassed Kobe on the defensive end with minimal success but they did punish him whenever he penetrated into the paint.

This year that intensity on the defensive end is wanting. Defensive help from the weak side is lacking and I don't understand why coach sloan tolerates this defensive apathy :thumbsdownsmiley:

If the Jazz can get their act together, they can win the first round in seven games. Right now, they have no chance winning at Staples <_<

Utah at the start of the season was considered to be one of the serious contenders for the WC championship. On paper, they have one of the best offenses and are really very physical on defense.

haha

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. :upside:

far from it sir. fact is the thread got life only when the jazz drew the lakers in the 1st round. from my view ... most of the posters simply hope OR wish for the jazz to beat he lakers. but deep in their hearts ... the know the lakers will simply rumble over the jazz. as jerry sloan says ... we're just a bump on the road for them.

ach ... those losses against minnesota and golden state which set up the first round date against kobe and co . must bear heavily on their minds ...

far from it sir. fact is the thread got life only when the jazz drew the lakers in the 1st round. from my view ... most of the posters simply hope OR wish for the jazz to beat he lakers. but deep in their hearts ... the know the lakers will simply rumble over the jazz. as jerry sloan says ... we're just a bump on the road for them.

ach ... those losses against minnesota and golden state which set up the first round date against kobe and co . must bear heavily on their minds ...

Someone even actually said in the Lakers thread that if a Western team can topple the Lakers, it's the Jazz daw. I dunno if it was a jazz fan though.

Well, yeah, i dunno why you dropped those games at the end of the season. The Mavs would've been the ones the Lakers would be giving a hard time right now and you'd be cruising against the banged up Spurs. Well, the dice has been rolled. Gotta take what you get.

Someone even actually said in the Lakers thread that if a Western team can topple the Lakers, it's the Jazz daw. I dunno if it was a jazz fan though.

Well, yeah, i dunno why you dropped those games at the end of the season. The Mavs would've been the ones the Lakers would be giving a hard time right now and you'd be cruising against the banged up Spurs. Well, the dice has been rolled. Gotta take what you get.

I call it the reward of the Mavs' hard work in the closing of the regular season. ;)

@ FF - where have you been?

Edited by Legionnaire
And lots of luck. The Jazz closed badly and the Hornies struggled to establish a solid hold of their spot.

Well, if that's your opinion, bro. I respect it.

Personally, I don't believe so much in luck. I believe that we make our own luck. These teams all have games to win sans injuries or not. The Mavs won their games and the Jazz and the Hornets did not. I would like to credit that to the sense of urgency that Dallas felt when the Suns threatened to grab the 8th and last playoff spot. All Dallas needed to do was win their remaining games which they did. Then everything fell into place. "Luck" smiled on the Mavs because they put themselves in position to grab the 6th playoff spot. If the Jazz or the Hornets did everything they can to avoid getting in position of losing their higher seeding, they would still be holding it right now.

C'mon, the Mavs' final opponents didn't just roll over and handed us the wins. Ask the Rockets. And I didn't attribute your Lakers' success to luck either. Even when they were able to wrest Gasol from the Grizzlies. I call it superb team managing. ;)

And I call my Mavs' positioning in the playoffs as superb basketball showing in the regular season's last few games. :)

Edited by Legionnaire

I never belittled what the Mavs were able to do. I'm just saying that the Mavs' wins are, of course, their own doing. However, I'm saying that they got lucky because the Jazz and Hornies couldn't get their crap together at the end of the season. No diss to the Mavs there. I'm just calling it as it is. No need to drag on the luck issue to the Lakers thread. ;)