Utah Jazz

FF

Guest megalodon
I think the Jazz are okay to lose Booz without replacement as they have a PF-in-waiting in Paul Milsap. It's all about the salary cap relief he brings that the Jazz are after.

Perhaps trade Boozer for a center. Much as Okur is a good center, he's not really an inside threat.

Guest megalodon
^^ Anybody in mind?

Okur is a good complement to Boozer. He provides the outside threat that Booz doesn't have in his arsenal. Mahirap naman kung dalawa ang low post players. Kanino ibibigay ni D-Will ang bola sa loob?

I have no one in mind as of now but someone with a sound low post game.

I have no one in mind as of now but someone with a sound low post game.

biggest holes for the jazz right now ? a defensive center who can clog the middle. doesn't have to score much ( ala mark eaton . and yes at this point even someone like greg ostertag ). plus a shooting guard with a consistent three point stroke .

here's a look at mark eaton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Eaton_(basketball) ,greg ostertag http://www.nba.com/playerfile/greg_ostertag/index.html

and jeff hornacek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Hornacek

Guest megalodon
biggest holes for the jazz right now ? a defensive center who can clog the middle. doesn't have to score much ( ala mark eaton . and yes at this point even someone like greg ostertag ). plus a shooting guard with a consistent three point stroke .

Yup dude. I agree with you. They could trade Boozer for that guy and move Okur to the PF spot. Or trade Okur for that center so that other teams will have double trouble in the low post.

Yup dude. I agree with you. They could trade Boozer for that guy and move Okur to the PF spot. Or trade Okur for that center so that other teams will have double trouble in the low post.

will boozer be traded or not ? with the trade deadline two days away we're waiting with bated breath to see if he'll move and what he'll bring in ....

only logical destination of Boozer is PISTONS.. probably Tayshaun Prince + 1 bench equivalent to BOOOOOzer..

still quiet on the northwestern front. blazers camby for blake and some change ... nuggets staying pat. looks like boooooooooooozer will be staying til the end of the seasooooooooooooooooooooooon . :hypocritesmiley:

utah rolls to its 7th straight road win ( 9 -1 in its last ten games , 17-3 in its last 20 ) as they overhaul a 25 point lead to bet the blazers in OT 93-89. boozer was masterful in the absence of okur ( birth of 2nd child ) and kirilenko ( pulled out early with back spasms ) as he scored 22 points and hauled in 23 boards ... none more crucial than an offensive rebound and hook with time expiring that sent the game to OT. with the win ... the jazz are just a half game behind the nuggets in the northwest division and 2nd place in the west.

• 2 weeks later...

man you said it ! loss to the kings and now a loss to the clips ! as utah's biggest fan and critic ( in mtc at least ha ?) the jazz aren't serious contenders just yet because of their inability to put away lesser competition. sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. no wonder jerry's looking more wrinkly every day ...

The NBA. Where Amazing Happens.

down by 12 in phoenix ... the utah jazz OUTSCORE the suns 41-22 in the fourth quarter and push on to win 116-108. they also engineered their comeback via the 3 point shot ... making 12-24 vs 5-19 for the suns.

the nba. TRULY where amazing happens.

Guest megalodon
^^ 41 points in the 4th?!?!!! Wow!!! :rolleyes:

Didn't see the game but I assume that for the Jazz to score this much, D-Will might have had a superlative game. Did he outplay Nash?

Outscored Nash but I don't think he outplayed him. Nash had 14 points and 15 assists while D-Wil had 27 and 9.

the 40-22 jazz go on a four game roadtrip with stops at chicago , milwaukee, detroit and oklahoma. time for the jazz to prove what they're made of . of their four opponents , okc and milwaukee have been hot lately. hope they get ak47 back to shore up the team's defense ...

Guest megalodon
the 40-22 jazz go on a four game roadtrip with stops at chicago , milwaukee, detroit and oklahoma. time for the jazz to prove what they're made of . of their four opponents , okc and milwaukee have been hot lately. hope they get ak47 back to shore up the team's defense ...

The Thunder and the Bucks are no push-overs. KD has been a gem for the Thunder. He's the league's second-best scorer and his team is currently the 6th seed in the West.

The Thunder and the Bucks are no push-overs. KD has been a gem for the Thunder. He's the league's second-best scorer and his team is currently the 6th seed in the West.

i agree amigo. those two games will be toughest in the jazz road trip.

remember that KD was the "consolation prize" behind greg oden in the 2006 draft. him and russel westbrook are the players that add BOOM to the thunder. might be able to catch them playon BTV. fact is i'll scoot over right now . :-)

fyi the bucks are also doing quite well with the much improved bogut and the rookie jennings who's had a up and down season so far.

Guest megalodon
i agree amigo. those two games will be toughest in the jazz road trip.

remember that KD was the "consolation prize" behind greg oden in the 2006 draft. him and russel westbrook are the players that add BOOM to the thunder. might be able to catch them playon BTV. fact is i'll scoot over right now . :-)

fyi the bucks are also doing quite well with the much improved bogut and the rookie jennings who's had a up and down season so far.

The consolation prize then is the grand prize now. KD will definitely be a top 5 player for years to come. If the trend continues, the Jazz could face the Lakers in the second round. Of course, that is if the Lakers and Jazz get past their first round opponents.

• 2 weeks later...