Utah Jazz

FF

That's my thinking too. It's going to be DAL and UTA battling for the coveted #2 seed. DEN seems to be slipping without Karl and emotional leader Kenyon Martin.

Will try to be more active in the thread sir FF! Utah has always been among my fave teams. ;) Was actually rooting for (and lost money on) the Jazz during their 2 year Finals appearances. Hehe, imagine that - betting against MJ!

denver seems to have the tougher sked and the nugs aren't responding well to ex jazzman / piston Adrian Dantley's coaching. with five home and five road games ... they have toronto , orlando , dallas, portland , the clips , OKC , the lakers , san antonio , memphis and phoenix. all save the clips and the grizz are playoff bound so the road seems as rocky as the mountains around denver.

Guest megalodon
denver seems to have the tougher sked and the nugs aren't responding well to ex jazzman / piston Adrian Dantley's coaching. with five home and five road games ... they have toronto , orlando , dallas, portland , the clips , OKC , the lakers , san antonio , memphis and phoenix. all save the clips and the grizz are playoff bound so the road seems as rocky as the mountains around denver.

The Nugs are a solid team but the I'm not really sold on the coaching and motivating prowess of AD. Speaking of AD, he was only 6'5 but he could score. He was Utah's go to guy when he was still with them in the early 80s. I remember he was once the leading scorer of the NBA with Moses Malone second. If I'm not mistaken, 1981 yun. With 10 more games left in the regular season for each team, it's still mathematically possible for Dallas, Denver and Utah to be number one but of course LA has to lose 60% of it's remaining games each of them should win all their remaining games.

The Nugs are a solid team but the I'm not really sold on the coaching and motivating prowess of AD. Speaking of AD, he was only 6'5 but he could score. He was Utah's go to guy when he was still with them in the early 80s. I remember he was once the leading scorer of the NBA with Moses Malone second. If I'm not mistaken, 1981 yun. With 10 more games left in the regular season for each team, it's still mathematically possible for Dallas, Denver and Utah to be number one but of course LA has to lose 60% of it's remaining games each of them should win all their remaining games.

yup and at 6'5" dantley did a lot of his scoring around the low post. can you imagine ? as for the playoff race ... i'll concede the top seed to LA. the magic spots to avoid LA in the 1st and 2nd rounds are 2,3, 6 and 7so theres a lot at satke in getting the 2nd or 3rd seed ..

Guest megalodon
yup and at 6'5" dantley did a lot of his scoring around the low post. can you imagine ? as for the playoff race ... i'll concede the top seed to LA. the magic spots to avoid LA in the 1st and 2nd rounds are 2,3, 6 and 7so theres a lot at satke in getting the 2nd or 3rd seed ..

Who knows, this could be the year the Jazz make it to the Finals after 12 years. How about a Celtics-Jazz Finals? :thumbsupsmiley: It's a win-win Finals for you. ;)

Who knows, this could be the year the Jazz make it to the Finals after 12 years. How about a Celtics-Jazz Finals? :thumbsupsmiley: It's a win-win Finals for you. ;)

personally they will only go as far as deron will take them....he's a bit banged up already as it is.

much as i would like this dream matchup come true ... the hawks /magic / cavs troika in the east will make it tough for the celts to land a berth in the nba finals ...

as for the jazz ... deron is one tough guard. it'll take a major injury to take him out of the lineup. with each game a crucial game for the jazz , deron will probably have to suck it up from this point on . the lakers are still heavy favorites in the west and stand as the biggest obstacle for any of the west playoff teams.

this just in : the mavs fall to the blazers 101-89 . jazz , nuggets and mavs tie for 2nd in the west ! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by FF
Guest megalodon
much as i would like this dream matchup come true ... the hawks /magic / cavs troika in the east will make it tough for the celts to land a berth in the nba finals ...

as for the jazz ... deron is one tough guard. it'll take a major injury to take him out of the lineup. with each game a crucial game for the jazz , deron will probably have to suck it up from this point on . the lakers are still heavy favorites in the west and stand as the biggest obstacle for any of the west playoff teams.

From hereon in, at least for the Nugs, Jazz and Mavs, it's gonna be a dogfight for the second seed, which means homecourt advantage for the first 2 rounds of the Western Conference playoffs.

utah would be a solid contender in the west against anybody but the lakers ( lakers roll over the jazz 106 -92 ) . and with the loss ... the jazz drop into a tie with denver for 4th place in the west behind dallas and phoenix.

projecting that the jazz land anywhere between 2 - 5 seeds in the playoffs ... it looks like the nuggets , mavs or the suns for the jazz. it gets to be a bit more interesting for the lakers who might face either the thunder , blazers or spurs

anyway we'll have plenty to chew on once the smoke clears after the final 2 weeks of the season.

^The 2nd to 7th places aren't secure yet. It's still a logjam for the 2nd to 7th places.

i agree. anything can still happen. 2nd to 7th places are just 3 games apart. but wouldn't it be a nice match-up if the LA faces the spurs in the first round?

Guest megalodon

i agree. anything can still happen. 2nd to 7th places are just 3 games apart. but wouldn't it be a nice match-up if the LA faces the spurs in the first round?

The Lakers have the Spurs' and Jazz's number. But if the seedings hold until the playoffs, the Blazers are a dangerous match-up for LA since they have the size, athleticism and the bench to match-up with LA. The Blazer bench could really give the Lakers problems. I won't rule out an upset.

The Lakers have the Spurs' and Jazz's number. But if the seedings hold until the playoffs, the Blazers are a dangerous match-up for LA since they have the size, athleticism and the bench to match-up with LA. The Blazer bench could really give the Lakers problems. I won't rule out an upset.

you're right chief...but then as you correctly stated, it's the playoffs and upsets are not unlikely. remember the warriors a few years ago? all teams in the west are tough...even the thunder is a dangerous team. durant and company just amazes me. they just recently won against dallas.

Guest megalodon

you're right chief...but then as you correctly stated, it's the playoffs and upsets are not unlikely. remember the warriors a few years ago? all teams in the west are tough...even the thunder is a dangerous team. durant and company just amazes me. they just recently won against dallas.

Yup. Nobody expected them to dispose off the Mavs which had the best record in the league and were expected to win it all. Unfortunately, the coach the Mavs were up against was the very same man who had a hand in the rebuilding stages of the Mavs thus he knew the antidote to the Mavs. I'm not discounting an upset by the Blazers in the first round should LA and Portland duke it out.

Yup. Nobody expected them to dispose off the Mavs which had the best record in the league and were expected to win it all. Unfortunately, the coach the Mavs were up against was the very same man who had a hand in the rebuilding stages of the Mavs thus he knew the antidote to the Mavs. I'm not discounting an upset by the Blazers in the first round should LA and Portland duke it out.

usapang upsets na ba ito? akala ko utah jazz thread. :rolleyes:

anyway, i agree with you, upsets do happen in the NBA. and you know very well what an upset is. remember 2nd round of the east playoffs between orlando and boston last year? that was an upset.

(wag kang umangal na OT post ko, kasi OT rin ang post mo. walang kinalaman sa utah, kundi upsets na ang post mo) :lol:

ok. post ka na ng mga walang palusot at gasgas na tirada mo. :lol:

Edited by jopoc
usapang upsets na ba ito? akala ko utah jazz thread. :rolleyes:

anyway, i agree with you, upsets do happen in the NBA. and you know very well what an upset is. remember 2nd round of the east playoffs between orlando and boston last year? that was an upset.

(wag kang umangal na OT post ko, kasi OT rin ang post mo. walang kinalaman sa utah, kundi upsets na ang post mo) :lol:

ok. post ka na ng mga walang palusot at gasgas na tirada mo. :lol:

ser jopoc ... okay na nga at detente na kayo ni sharkman. IMHO ... let's keep this thread peaceful. if i may say your post clearly aims to bait the sharkman again. i'm not saying that what you're saying is not true but can we keep the fireworks out of the thread ? thank you ! :flowers:

yo meg! can you let this one pass as a favor ? re upsets ... the warriors did the jazz a big favor when they upset the mavs in that series. the jazz beat the warriors 4-2 n the second round but lost to the superior spur ( or was that the lakers ).

Guest megalodon

@FF

No need Maestro FF. I was merely answering a question by Mr. Junix. The sharkman ain't gonna bite the bait. The bait ain't worth biting at. ;). It was the Spurs that beat the Jazz in the 2007 WCF en route to their 3rd championship of the decade.

Edited by megalodon

:hypocritesmiley:

@FF

No need Maestro FF. I was merely answering a question by Mr. Junix. The sharkman ain't gonna bite the bait. The bait ain't worth biting at. ;). It was the Spurs that beat the Jazz in the 2007 WCF en route to their 3rd championship of the decade.

yeah, right... sharkman. :lol:

nagpapalusot ka lang kasi alam mong talagang OT at barado ka. :lol:

pansin mo naman na isiningit mo yung usapang jazz para lang magin on-topic ka. a clear indication na alam mong mali yung post mo.

----

@FF

nope, not baiting the sharkman... and no need for fireworks as the sharkman always self-destruct.... i am just explaining to him that this is the jazz thread, and not the thread on upsets. he loves to make OT posts, and i am just informing him about that. :hypocritesmiley:

anyway, to be on-topic na rin... the jazz is doing great under sloan. :cool:

thank you jopoc and meg. :flowers: i stand corrected that it was the spurs and not the lakers. and may i say that we're in playoff intensity basketball this early on as the seven teams ( sans the lakers ) jockey for homecourt. as its stands any of the current teams tied for 2 to 4 can fall as far as eight and vice versa so hang on to your seats .... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

@FF

my apologies for the OT topic chief.

@FF

my apologies for the OT topic chief.

^My thoughts exactly.

here are the skeds for 7 western playoff teams ( minus the lakers ) ....

denver goes up against okc, phoenix, lal, san antonio and memphis

mavs go up against san antonio, lac , memphis ,portland and sacramento

utah gets oklahoma , houston, new orleans , golden state and phoenix .

oklahoma faces off against utah , phoenix , denver , portland , golden state and memphis

phoenix takes on san antonio , okc , houston , denver and utah .

portland squares off against lac, dallas, lal, okc and golden state

san antonio rumbles with sac, mem, phoenix, dallas , denver and minnesota.