Utah Jazz

FF

Utah has got to win on the road to put pressure on LA

going into game 5 I would still think that LA still has the momentum and advantage having won convincingly in LA while playing good games at the Delta Center...

first of all welcome to the thread amigo. we're seeing a lot of quality posters now at the thread .good thing the jazz qualified and are going deep into the playoffs . now we're seeing more of you.

the two wins under their belt should boost the confidence of the boys in blue. i'm sure it's going to be another down the wire finish for game 5.

imho "close games" only count as moral victories when you're the underdog ... not when you're as heavily favored as the lakers. now la goes back home without the swagger knowing that the jazz just beat them... twice. and bro ... it's not the delta center anymore ... it's now known as the energy solutions arena ... aka the dump.

btw did you know that the lakers and the jazz are two of the youngest teams in the league ? but rosterwise ... the lakers have the greater advantage with the veteran presence of fisher , odom , gasol and of course the kobester.

see you this friday at the Forum amigo.

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jazz !

Edited by FF
pressure is on the Jazz and take advatage of Kobe's injury... :)

verrrrry interesting. won't be surrised if zenmeister phil jackson's is thinking of the same thing amigo. if the jazz players bite ... they'll relax a bit then...boom lakers take game 5. just like ali when he took down foreman.

but then again ... it's nice to know that the jazz arent thinking so ( courtesy of espn.com ) :

"If he puts on his uniform and plays, don't worry about him being hurt," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said Monday. "You'd better be ready to play the guy because he's a great player and he's got the ability to bury you in a lot of different ways. That's what [great players] can do."

Said Deron Williams: "I think Kobe's going to be Kobe when it comes Wednesday. I'm not going to expect anything else."

Edited by FF
first of all welcome to the thread amigo. we're seeing a lot of quality posters now at the thread .good thing the jazz qualified and are going deep into the playoffs . now we're seeing more of you.

the two wins under their belt should boost the confidence of the boys in blue. i'm sure it's going to be another down the wire finish for game 5.

imho "close games" only count as moral victories when you're the underdog ... not when you're as heavily favored as the lakers. now la goes back home without the swagger knowing that the jazz just beat them... twice. and bro ... it's not the delta center anymore ... it's now known as the energy solutions arena ... aka the dump.

btw did you know that the lakers and the jazz are two of the youngest teams in the league ? but rosterwise ... the lakers have the greater advantage with the veteran presence of fisher , odom , gasol and of course the kobester.

see you this friday at the Forum amigo.

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jazz !

thanks for the correction... been a long time since I watched a Utah Jazz game...

anywayz... I am more curious how Kobe's bad back will hamper his performance...

could this be the Jazz break that they badly need? IMO we're seeing two excellent home teams here

LA has managed to protect home court all throughout the playoffs while Utah has only dropped one

it'll be an entirely different ball game once the series shifts back to LA...

what I've noticed was that from the start of the game Utah is having a hard time controlling the tempo to their liking

it's like they are being forced into situations where they can't maximize their game (and of course their respective players performances) to result in a win... Jerry Sloan has got to do something about this... steal one game in LA and make the Lakers have to beat you twice... otherwise I feel it'd be a tall order for them to advance to the playoffs

Guest airmax
pressure is on the Jazz and take advatage of Kobe's injury... :)

hehehe ang laking partida na nga sa jazz un. unfortunately panay dikit lang ang jazz hindi ata nakalamang buong game. i believe that the jazz would come back in game 6. the lakeshow should treat game 6 like an elimination game.

hehehe ang laking partida na nga sa jazz un. unfortunately panay dikit lang ang jazz hindi ata nakalamang buong game. i believe that the jazz would come back in game 6. the lakeshow should treat game 6 like an elimination game.

BAD calls lang ng mga ref kaya napunta sa lakes ang W na un.. konting dikit pipito ref sabay freethrow, pagbalik sa utah ng bola banggaan sa ere NO calls hehe balik ulet sa lakes..tapos un paranng dejavu na palage hehehe nako namn..

pag ganito palage, LA in game7

tsktsk :thumbsdownsmiley:

the lakers have been on a roll lately. but the jazz were able to get 2 wins at home. i think this may not be jazz year. but i certainly believe that this jazz line up can be better than the stockton-malone era if they will all stay for at least 4 more years.

while stockton has more assists per game, deron is a much better scorer than stockton. there is no okur and an ak47 in the old jazz ine up. boozer has the ability to match malone. perhaps korver can match hornacek's per game output. stockton didn't have a good back up, deron has ronnie price. paul milsap is an able 3rd big man. i can't even remember who's the big man after ostertag & malone.