The SMART Complaint Thread

http://tags.consumerist.com/5127559/custom...asted-gets-paid

It's the dream of every angry customer — sending a bill to the company that wasted your time. Well, it's finally happened.

Howard Schaffer was having such an awful time with his phone company that he alerted the local media — who ran a column about the debacle. That happens all the time, but what makes this case interesting is that Howard was keeping a record of the time he spent dealing with the phone company (One Communications of Rochester, NY) as well as the expenses that he was racking up while the phone company apologized over and over, but didn't fix the problem.

“I’ve received nine apologies,” Schaffer, whose phone bill is usually around $500 a month, told the Times-Union. As time dragged on, he was forced to have employees use cellphones and to borrow a phone from his landlord. The phone company promised at least $2,000 in credits, but no phone service.

After the column ran and his problem was resolved — Howard tallied up the expenses and sent One Communications a bill. For $5,481.16. And the company agreed to pay it.

You can learn a few things from Mr. Shaffer, who is a PR professional by trade. Follow his example by taking detailed notes of all the time and money you spend dealing with an issue. You might not be able to get a check for your expenses, (unless, perhaps, your story gets published in the newspaper like Mr. Shaffer's did) but it certainly can't hurt.

^^ i doubt if you can do that here.

and besides, Mr. Shaffer is a PR professional, so takot lang ng mga phone companies.

we never know, another phone company from the u.s. lost a case regarding pre termination fee, link provided in an earlier post

i believe it is possible to do also in the philippines :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

well,

when i returned my phone at sm megamall wireless center for their lousy service, that is 3 days after i have availed of the retention, i was never charge dof the termination

in fact i was offered another phone for retention, after i made several complaints on their service

okay na sana kasi CHEATER yung tao nila sa rob manila wirelss center...AILEEN CLAIMED THERE IS NO MEMORY CARD IN THE NOKIA PACKAGE I GOT FOR RETENTION...only to learn later in their website that there is a free 1 gb micro sd card with the package

after i made inquiry via email, i was told they had no stock and that i will be provided with 1 gb memory card once the stock becomes available

sabi ko nga, iba yung wala stock na sim at wala memory card yung package.....

di pa din natapos, after five days, i got an email again, and arwyn of rob mla is claiming to have spoke with me and that the micro sd sim will be given to once it is available

ayun, ENDING SINOLI KO ULIT YUNG PHONE SA INIS KO AND SIGN A FORM TERMINATING MY ACCOUNT

badtrip, i believe the pre termination fee was waived....subukan nila ko i charge kakasuhan ko talaga sila

in fact, may dti permit sila sa promo na yun, kaya pwedeng pwede sila kasuhan :thumbsdownsmiley:

ako badtrip na badtrip sa smartbro prepaid ko, something's wrong with them, minsan lagi wala signal i have to reboot 3x pa just to get signal. tapos ambagal, lagi parang hang. its not with my computer naman or the website. smartbro lang talaga, grrr!!!

2 weeks na yan ganyan .......... bwakanang!!#!#@$#@$%#@$##@$@@@@@!!!! talaga

tapos pag nag DL ka pa via rapidshare AYAW DIN !#!#!#!#!#@$@#@%#%#@!!!!!!!!

MAMATAY NA SANA KAYO MGA TAGA SMART at SALOT KAYO SA MUNDONG 'TO

kailan kaya bibilis ang smartBROKEN ? hanggang ganito kabagal na lang ba ????? bwiset !!!!!!!!! mas mabilis pa dial up dito !!!!!

wireless ba yung gamit mo o roofbased antenna? :thumbsupsmiley:

2 weeks na yan ganyan .......... bwakanang!!#!#@$#@$%#@$##@$@@@@@!!!! talaga

tapos pag nag DL ka pa via rapidshare AYAW DIN !#!#!#!#!#@$@#@%#%#@!!!!!!!!

MAMATAY NA SANA KAYO MGA TAGA SMART at SALOT KAYO SA MUNDONG 'TO

Same experience sa Smartbro ko leche ayaw talaga mag connect 2 weeks na nga what LOUSY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad after sales service ng smart. i terminated my account last 30 aug. up to now, yung contractor nila, di na kinuha yung cable wire pati yung antenna nila. ano yun? pwede bang ako na lang magpatanggal? di na yata nila kelangan yun e. btw i switched to globe broadband. cheaper and faster speed. P995 1mbps. data only. vs. smarbro P999 384kbps.

They are really that slow, inefficient and downright stupid at times. I subscribed to smartbro at the time of its launch back then and eventually terminated the service after 1 year which was probably around 2006 or so. I received a call a few weeks ago from a Smart contractor who was asking if they can reclaim the antennae, cables and power supply. WTF, I said dude sa sobrang tagal I don't know kung andun ba sa bldg coz it already had a new tenant.

PFFFT! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by superfunkibey
  • 1 month later...
Guest lustfortravel

after confirming and re-confirming with Smart's customer service that they DO have international text roaming in indonesia, i arrived in bali a few weeks ago only to get an " EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY' on my smart prepaid number which was activated for roaming. i couldnt text nor call their customer service and no amount of tinkering with the settings would allow me to use the number ( heck, i even switched the sim card in three different units just to be sure).

it was a good thing i decided to bring a Globe prepaid number as back-up since it worked beautifully.

one thing i can say about smart's customer service agents - they sure don't know what they are talking about.

Guest xerxes
after confirming and re-confirming with Smart's customer service that they DO have international text roaming in indonesia, i arrived in bali a few weeks ago only to get an " EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY' on my smart prepaid number which was activated for roaming. i couldnt text nor call their customer service and no amount of tinkering with the settings would allow me to use the number ( heck, i even switched the sim card in three different units just to be sure).

it was a good thing i decided to bring a Globe prepaid number as back-up since it worked beautifully.

one thing i can say about smart's customer service agents - they sure don't know what they are talking about.

it would be best to ask the hotline if your roaming is already activated at least an hour before your flight, to ensure opf the service

it happened to my mom who went for holy land trip, despite repeating several text requests, di rin na activate

when i ask at their wireless center how could it be activated, they said they need the 16 digit number at thr back of the simcard

e alangan naman sumunod pa ko sa holy land para makuha yung 16 digit number ng sim ng nanay ko :thumbsdownsmiley:

further, deactivated yung call functionality ng smart roaming sim pag prepaid :thumbsdownsmiley:

pag post paid naman, dapat your plan is at least 1800 per month, otherwise dapat daw mag bond ka ng 2500 para ma activate yung roaming mo

yung kasamahan ko sa work, plan 500 sa globe yet no bond needed to roam abroad :thumbsdownsmiley:

Guest lustfortravel
it would be best to ask the hotline if your roaming is already activated at least an hour before your flight, to ensure opf the service

it happened to my mom who went for holy land trip, despite repeating several text requests, di rin na activate

when i ask at their wireless center how could it be activated, they said they need the 16 digit number at thr back of the simcard

e alangan naman sumunod pa ko sa holy land para makuha yung 16 digit number ng sim ng nanay ko :thumbsdownsmiley:

further, deactivated yung call functionality ng smart roaming sim pag prepaid :thumbsdownsmiley:

pag post paid naman, dapat your plan is at least 1800 per month, otherwise dapat daw mag bond ka ng 2500 para ma activate yung roaming mo

yung kasamahan ko sa work, plan 500 sa globe yet no bond needed to roam abroad :thumbsdownsmiley:

yes, roaming was activated prior to departure since i did stay in singapore for a few days before i flew to bali. the number worked in singapore but not in indonesia.

i really didn't mind the call functionality being deactivated since the text roaming was more important for me to keep in touch with people at home for business reasons . i do have postpaid lines but the roaming charges are outrageous since you get charged for vat and fees, etc.

well, i learned my lesson - use globe next time. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sa Smart Pre Paid - puwedeng mag roam ng text :headsetsmiley: pero post paid kahit ilang tax return address at lahat na ng kaluluwa mo alam nila

di pa din puwede

:evil: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

Iba na talaga ang # 1 -- mayabang BUTI NGA SA KANILA NG GLOBE MAY ARAW NA

SUN -- presyong masa -- eh di nagbaba rin yung mga imperyalista

GLOBE - pera ng Singapore ; SMART - pera ng Hong Kong at Indonesia [ galing lang ni MVP hawak niya pero pera pa din nila ]

yung SUN pinoy pa din -- galing -- di ba yung PAL niyari nila sa Cebu Pacific

Free Enterprise -- Mabuti para sa tao !

Guest xerxes
Sa Smart Pre Paid - puwedeng mag roam ng text :headsetsmiley: pero post paid kahit ilang tax return address at lahat na ng kaluluwa mo alam nila

di pa din puwede

GLOBE - pera ng Singapore ; SMART - pera ng Hong Kong at Indonesia [ galing lang ni MVP hawak niya pero pera pa din nila ]

nakakaroaming naman ang postpaid, automatic if your lan is 1,800 and up, you need not apply for activation

yung plan lower than 1,800, you need to apply and deposit 2,500...letse talaga ang smart, sugapa sa pera? hahahahahaha

ang problema, whatever amount you incurred sa roaming, on top yun ng plan mo, so if you stay abraod with your postpaid roaming, say goodbye to your montly plan, you pay your onthly plus the roaming charges incurred

sa globe kahit ano plan mo, basta mag abroad ka, go agad ang roaming nila

I travel to Hong Kong at least twice a year. Best solution to roaming problems (whether connection or the bills afterward) is to buy a basic openline phone and a Hong Kong prepaid sim. Get the sim pack that's marketed for Filipino communities (Kabayan Sim from CSL) much cheaper calls to the Philippines.

• 1 month later...

For me, Smart Bro worked great in Bicol but here in Cavite it has totally sucked. They are routing me through Bayantel servers and no matter how much you complain they do nothing. Likely it is simply an overloaded server since I only get disconnected after school hours, early morning before working hours and after working hours mostly. Still it is frustrating when they will not even try to do anything to fix it.

Oh yeah, they did come out to "troubleshoot" once and never checked anything but the signal when I was connected. I could have done that for them on the telephone LOL

Just my experience I think it depends on where you are.

• 3 weeks later...

mga tech nila sa smartbro puro tanga. sabihan ka ba naman na pag gumamit ka ng router e dapat daw business line ang kinuha ko... ANO DAW... hahaha... natawa talaga ako pina describe ko sa kanya kung ano ang definition ng business line nag ka loko loko na. good t hing i have a friend who works for motorola and told me about the problem its something to do with the software canopy. hirap talaga ng hindi tech savvy

• 1 month later...

Natatawa lang ako sa Smart. Kahapon nagtext ako sa Dad ko na based sa Pilipinas. Tinatanong ko kung ilang boxes ang dala ng utol ko na babalik dito sa Las Vegas. Nagtext ako 7pm kagabi nainip na ako tinawagan ko sabi niya tinext back niya ulit ako. Obviously kung tinext niya ako hindi ko na siya tatawagan. Sabi ko wala akong natatanggap. Sabi ba naman sa akin may problema daw ang system ng ATT sabi ko kayo nagsend so dapat wala kaming problema dyan ang problema nasa carrier nyo. Ganyan kabulok ang SMART. Hahaha. Hindi ako magtataka. Sa atin lang naman ung magtext ka ngayon bukas pa ang dating hahaha. Just to let you guys know dumating ung txt message after 35 minutes ang galing no hahaha.

Edited by Vegasboy32

di pa din puwede

To tell you honestly lahat ng mobile carriers sa atin bulok. Bibilib ako sa unang mobile carrier na magoffer ng unlimited nights and weekends sa plan nila. Regardless which mobile carrier pa ang tawagan mo. Kahit gawin na lang may bayad ung text. Nung nilabas ung sun it goes to show na karamihan ng pinoy mas gustong tumawag kesa magtext. May friend akong nagwowork sa Sun tinanong ko sa kanya bakit hindi niyo gayahin ang mga carrier dito sa US na nagoffer ng unlimited nights and weekends. Pede daw nilang gawin un kaso malulugi sila at the same time hindi sila kikita masyado.

ako sa smart center sa rockwell powerplant mall last saturday, pagpasok namin kuha kami ng number for cashier 2406 number namin 2403 pa lang antay kami mga 45 minutes dahil may mga questions yung nauna sa amin...then nung 2405 na natapos na siya tumayo na kami ba may dumiretso galing sa pinto 3 babae medyo may edad na siningitan kami ,misis ko nga sabi bat ganun may nakalagay na nga ng "Pleae wait for your number to called" , nageexcuse na nga kami sa kanila deadma laqng sila, tinawag ko yung guard sabi ko bat di kausapin sabi ba naman ng guard "sir pasesnsya na kayo" sabi ko anu pa naman saysay ng may number kuang papayag din lang kayo may sumisingit...sabi nung customer service dun sir pasensiya na dahil smart infinity sila kaya diretso sila ,sabi ko" ganun ba eh dapat wag a kayo magnumbering kung ganyan dahilan niyo,or better gumawa kayo ng line para sa infinity lang...bad trip!!!

ako may nireport na smart customer service na nakikipag flirt sa asawa ko..he got the number of my wife when my wife started to complain our smart bro post paid kit..she reported it becuase almost 2 weeks na kaming nd nakakagamit ng internet dahil sa walang makuhang signal even though nasa labas ka na ng bahay..the f#&king service agent started to text my wife's num, little did the bastard know na nagpalit kami ng num ni misis kasi mas malaki ung credit limit ko..i replied sa mga text nia, nagpanggap ako na ako si misis, i knew from the start that ung ginawa nia ay BAWAL, against the code of conduct ng mga customer service agents..i told the f#&king bastard to meet up sa mall (para mabugbog ko siya) pero pinigilan ako ni misis..the following day pinatawag ko siya, nagulat siya nung lalaki ung sumagot, nasindak ko cia pero sa tingin ko mas maganda kung nagulpi ko siya..my wife reported it sa smart sa rockwell, they gave us instructions kung kanino irereport..sa awa ng dyos walang nangyari..the last call that i got from another smart representative ay iniimbistegahan pa daw nila ung kaso..

ung pakikipag flirt happened ng december..the last call we got from smart ay nung january pa..

bulok talaga smart kahit kelan.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

in Diliman area Smart Bro P999/mo used to be quite good until a few months ago. now during 7pm-12mn bumabagal talaga ang access.

I think they need to upgrade na but are not doing it. nakakainis pa yung customer care. always blaming the facilities of the customer. as if we do not understand nor know how to check our side of the wifi service.

• 5 weeks later...