The SMART Complaint Thread

smartbro is a total headache!!!!!!i have my plan 999n d first 2 months ok cya pero this past months super bagal na...i can't access to internet ...gus2 ko pumunta sa wireless center pra ipaghahampas sa kanila pinagmamalaki nilang broadbandest......parang niloloko lang tau ng SMART na yan..updated k magbayad pero un services nila wla nman kuenta......dpat sinusunog na ng NPA lahat cell site nila......:angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

yah speaking of smart....has anyone use uzzap?

Grabe sa daya they say free to login pero once logged kakainin ang load mo

Pinagmumura ko nga customer service nila they say kaya daw nababawasan load ko kasi i browse daw.

So kanina na discover ko na they cant distinguish if you are browsing or just logging in at uzzap.

sa signal ng 3G i believe mas malakas yung sa Globe hehehe

• 4 weeks later...

smart globe even sun... basic principle.. the more subscriber or user at any given time means slowerrrrr speed.... pag sabay sabay gumagamit.. sumisikip. hehehehe di ba dapat pag gamit na gamit eh luluwag?? hahahaha.. not applicable pala.

pag gumalaw ang antena expect.. slowwwww speed.... of course it would depend from location to location. same w/ all providers.. ah.. 1 more thing.. the farther u are from a cell site the slowerrrrrr the speed... ahayyyyyyyyyyy.....

ahhh 1 more thing... regarding demand letters from providers...

basic rule... 1. DONT SIGN ANY DOCUMENT THAT U HAVE RECEIVED IT.

2. IGNORE!!!!!! wala pang nakukulong of nadedemanda sa non payment of monthly dues and early cancellation of contract. pag pinagmumura ka ng phone collector. murahin mo rin! they have no right to harassed any one kahit ilan taon ang utang mo.

Edited by Bisdak88

nademanda na ako smartbro for not abiding the 1yr contract...3 mos lang nagamit ko then stop na...bayad yun yung connection fee at installation....now they asking me to pay the 1 year for 10,977...ano ba eto? para silang credit card...hindi naman ako nagloan ng pera...

ano ba dapat ko gawin dito? help naman.....

the best you could do is go to wireless center...ask them to reconnect the internet and finish the contract..unless you have a good reason why you want to discontinue the service

...niloko ako ng costumer care representative nila sa Robinson's Manila with regards to my postpaid renewal of service contract....ang ginawa ko binalik ko phone and sim...and i dare them to demand from me termination fee...as far as i know yung 2 sinungaling nila na WC rep ang pinagbayad

smartbro is a total headache!!!!!!i have my plan 999n d first 2 months ok cya pero this past months super bagal na...i can't access to internet ...gus2 ko pumunta sa wireless center pra ipaghahampas sa kanila pinagmamalaki nilang broadbandest......parang niloloko lang tau ng SMART na yan..updated k magbayad pero un services nila wla nman kuenta......dpat sinusunog na ng NPA lahat cell site nila......:angry2:

ask the contractor to check your internet..report it always sa hotline

if di nila magawan ng improvement...ask them to terminate the service without paying the termination fee

ensure you take note of all your reports sa hotline..record the time and date of calls, even the reference number they give

Edited by xerxes

totoo po yan mga sirs, bibigyan lang kayo lagi ng svc request number, ang gawin nyo pag tumawag kayo, hanapin nyo yung supervisor, kuhain nyo yung mga pangalan, kase wala ta

use this issues to terminate the service particularly if you are under contract

I bought smart bro(ken) when I had some problems with my Globe Tattoo prepaid kit and at first it was FINE!!! As in, super fast, no disconnecting, coverage was GREAT!

Now after two weeks when I try to connect it always says "Dial-up attempt failed." WTF!!! I will bring it to the smart wireless center tomorrow and have them freaking refund my money or else

what happened? did they give you the refund? hahahahaha

• 1 month later...

smart globe even sun... basic principle.. the more subscriber or user at any given time means slowerrrrr speed.... pag sabay sabay gumagamit.. sumisikip. hehehehe di ba dapat pag gamit na gamit eh luluwag?? hahahaha.. not applicable pala.

pag gumalaw ang antena expect.. slowwwww speed.... of course it would depend from location to location. same w/ all providers.. ah.. 1 more thing.. the farther u are from a cell site the slowerrrrrr the speed... ahayyyyyyyyyyy.....

ahhh 1 more thing... regarding demand letters from providers...

basic rule... 1. DONT SIGN ANY DOCUMENT THAT U HAVE RECEIVED IT.

2. IGNORE!!!!!! wala pang nakukulong of nadedemanda sa non payment of monthly dues and early cancellation of contract. pag pinagmumura ka ng phone collector. murahin mo rin! they have no right to harassed any one kahit ilan taon ang utang mo.

With your permission may I also add :

Huwag kayo umalis sa tirahan ninyo... flight is an indication of guilt. > any excessive and punitive actions by the collectors should be checked with central bank rules on fair collection practices. actions done beyond anything in that Centra bank circular, you can inform the president of smart they are violating principles of proper collection procedures baka counter claim ang aabutin nila if they do not cease and decease . Another is to really relply that you will try to pay them... kahit one peso per day. If that is what you can afford to give them.

They should try to amicably settle instead of harassing people. Or else... they can garnish something of value to what they want to collect pero mahirapan sila niyan... or else they can repossess their product kung gusto nila.

• 3 months later...

ETO SOBRANG GALET NG PINSAN KO PINOST SA FB => napakareliable ng system ng smart 2nd time akong nakainan ng load (around 12 pesos) ang ginawa ko nagsubscribe ako sa unlisurf 50 nila para makagamit ng unlimited browsing then all of a sudden naputol ang web ko so nagpapasa-load ako ng 5 tapos gumana ulet tiningnan ko sa web connect ayun nagsubscribe daw ako sa unli facebook worth 20 pesos e ang load ko 12 na lang at meron naman akong unlisurf that will cover my web browsing . right now i'm still on hold sa kanilang customer care hotline then what's next i'll get a reference # tapos after 24 hrs makakatanggap ako ng sms na ang laman "sorry for the inconvenience the transaction that you are disputing is valid" (kundi ba naman mga ku_pal). D*mn you Smart ,Hello Globe!

Edited by deathsaurer
  • 2 weeks later...

isa pa ung customer service nila...*888...kung gusto mo kausapin ung customer service rep nila..almost 30 mins me nagantay bago lang nila sagutin ung tawag mo...di lang isang beses toh kailangan mo magantay para lang sagutin ung kol mo sa kanila...worst call reps tlaga experience ko sa kanila.........about sa smart bro...kahit sa globe or sun ...pls iwasan na nila magadvertise na nonstop connection..fastest or reliable...coz wla tlaga tumupad sa mga advertisement nila......

Smart isn't smart, its a stupid piece of crap service provider. I lost my freaking phone in China and borrowed my brother's phone to report it as lost and asked for the service to be cut. Punyetang agent yan asking me to submit a letter immediately. I'm in freaking CHINA you f#&king moron, how the f#&k do I submit a f#&king letter immediately. Isn't that why you have that f#&king stupid *888 so we can ask for the f#&king line to be cut so I don't get charged for calls I'm not going to f#&king make?

f#&k YOU SMART!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

May i also add...

This just happen 2 weeks ago.

Im a prepaid smart subscriber.

nagload ako ng 115pesos, i txt my friend mga 4x lng, no phone calls used, the following day, ZERO balance na.

Load again, another 100pesos, i make a phone call for 1minute, the following day, ZERO balance again!

Napakarami nilang services pero can i just ask SMART, bakit wala silang service where u can check the number of outgoing text and calls used sa load mo?

They are really SMART in making money!

KARMA counts!

bumagal yung tech support nila pagtumawag ka dati sa hotline nagpapadala oramismo ng tech support that was 3 years ago... ngayon pagnakausap mo yung agents sa hotline papaikutin ka pa like nun nanyari sakin last week kesyo sir idirect connect nyo sa computer nyo wag kayo kumamit ng router... kung di ko pa pinagdiinan na may sira yung canopy papaikutin pa ko sa tignan yung status tignan yung signal... isa pa parang walang alam ung kausap ko parang natataranta... yung conversation namin umabot ata sa 30-45mins sa kaka check ng status na internet ko...

yung 2mbps nila wala naman problema sa torrent at download pero pag nagonline games ka mabagal like pagnaglaro ko ng cs:steam may isa pa kong internet pldt ganito lumalabas sa latency:

smartbro 2mbps- 350-500

pldt 756kbps <- not sure pero nasa 700+kbps - 230

- ok sabihin na natin di direct na nakaconnect at siguro di ko din masyado naiintindihan pero mhen ang laki naman ata ng pinagkaiba sa 2mbps against sa 700+kbps...

I've switched back to Smart Bro since I moved back into the city late last year. I was forced to use Globe Tattoo for awhile, when I was required to move to Cavite. Smart signal in Cavite is GPRS! That means 45 kbps on a good day, which roughly translates to around 15 minutes just to open my Yahoo email account.

Globe Tattoo in Cavite, on the other hand, averages 500 kbps and peaks at around 1.5 mbps, which is really great -- if they can maintain that data rate. But they can't. And their service is just too unreliable, losing signal for days at a time that you wouldn't want to register for more than a 24-hour unlimited service. And oh, before I left Cavite, they had the gall to implement this 1 gig per day limit to their 24-hour unlimited service. Perhaps the meaning of the word "oxymoron" simply escapes the Globe people.

Now in Quezon City, I'm back to my old Smart Bro USB plug-it. Happy days. Or so I thought. First, the signal is just 300 kbps tops. Way below the 1 mbps signal I was enjoying before the switch to Globe and switch back to Smart. Friday nights, 7 to 9 pm, I would count myself lucky to even have that. Signal crawls down to less than 20 kbps, if at all.

But between the two, at least Smart does not implement this 1 gig limit nonsense. I can download all the torrents I want, taking care only not to crash my hard disk with too much files. So between Globe and Smart, I'd stick it with Smart -- for now. If only for that.

But one strange thing about Smart is this little glitch. I play FB Zynga poker. Using my Smart Bro USB plug-it and I can not get into the tournaments. I can play Zynga poker cash games, but not the tournaments. I don't know why, but even my friend who also uses Smart experiences this.

So, yeah, right now, I am looking for a better, maybe cheaper, internet service provider. And no, Globe Tattoo is out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest xerxes

I think the merger of PLDT/Digitel would translate to better service..

but pldt is also smart? right?

are they trying to end the unli promo of sun?

• 1 month later...

Merger means lesser services ng smart.... Smart gold subscribers are deprived of the unlimited services except sa unlicall nila reason sabi ng customer service nila postpaid kayo sir kaya nga gold tawag.... kung gusto nyo ng unlimited mag buddy kayo ganun ba dapat sagot ng customer service......