The SMART Complaint Thread

I was with them for over a year, up until about three months ago. I've had lots and lots of issues with them, and I wouldn't recommend the service unless you have absolutely no other choice (as was the case with me). They occasionally send their billing statements late, and they are very quick to disconnect service if you have failed to pay, late statement or not. Over the year and a half that I had to endure their service they did this to me four times, and they had nothing but lame excuses. Another thing that irks me is that they put you behind a NAT. That hurts when you like doing BitTorrent or other similar programs. Most other DSL services give you a real IP address...

They're better than nothing, but if you can get anyone else, get anyone else!

:lol: This thread will never die coz smart service sucks. Was one of the first people to get smart wifi and I am so glad I changed service so long ago so I do not have to put up with their uselessness anymore.

As most peeps suggest, if you have no choice then sa un-Smart Bro ka na, but if you have options then for your peace of mind choose somebody else.

Guest Leviticus

We applied for SmartBro in Manila and the service was good. Ok lang naman ang browsing and for work, communicating over the internet, etc.

so sa baguio we applied too. we paid the monthly advance. turns out walang signal pala sa lugar namin, and to think nasa baba kami ng cathedral.

we asked for a refund of the monthly but in 7 days pa raw makukuha. wtf?!?

just had mine installed last thursday. it seems okay naman. fairly fast. but it involves line of sight. in my case, there are four cellsites around me, two of them are blocked by a single house, so installation had less choices for a good signal. the other two were fairly obstructed by treelines. i still get a good signal. fairly fast. 91 percent efficiency maximum. maximum. so it can dip to a possible signal loss altogether. policy for for smart bro is the max should not go below 90%. so if they cant get a signal reaching the quota, they will not install the service. it would be violating their service contract. anyhoo been consistent for the past few days. speeds are nice comparable to cable. with dsl? sometimes faster, again dependent on the signal.

Leviticus... ganun ba? matagal talaga yan... pati ang reversal. I know someone from Smart, when I had problems with my connection their VP had my connection fixed on a sunday and threatened to fire anyone who didnt deliver. Hehehehehe

taga bagiuo ka ba? have a cousin there. he drives around in a yellow custom offroader ala bigfoot during sundays... bka kilala mo. :)

Wireless infrastructure sa Metro Manila in general is very poor. Kaya kung mag subscribe sa wireless kailangan ang personal research mo. Before committing for the service pag aralan mo muna ang location mo/neighborhood. Mahirap mag depende sa salita lang nang mga sales people.

Wireless infrastructure sa Metro Manila in general is very poor. Kaya kung mag subscribe sa wireless kailangan ang personal research mo. Before committing for the service pag aralan mo muna ang location mo/neighborhood. Mahirap mag depende sa salita lang nang mga sales people.

I guess it goes with the location ... because of the tall buildings and other infrastructures (it affects the signal I believe)

Kung sa Manila ka sa tingin ko mabagal nga ang connection and intermittent. Pero I've been using Smart Wi-Fi here in Dasmarinas, Cavite and okay naman. It may not be the best compared to other broadband services, but enough for someone like me whose not really into too much downloads.

I'm a smart buddy user and usually on roaming service because I frequently travel abroad. Whenever I'm in the PHI, I'll reload my SIM. After 24hrs, the money that I've just loaded is gone!!? Also, I didn't subscribe to those f*ckn downloads. I made several requests to turn them off but still I receive them. Also, try to re-load anywhere near Centennial 2 airport. You'll find out that the network is always busy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my advice for those intending to subscribe to Smart Bro... do some research first in your area... check if a Smart cell site is near your residence & has a clear line of sight to a possible location where you can place the outdoor antenna... try to go around & see if a lot of your neighbors are subscribed... you'll know this through the wireless antenna located outside their homes... if you're very far from a cell site... it's not advisable to subscribe since you'll just be frustrated with the connection speed... if there are too many subscribers in you area... it's not advisable too... remember that the bandwidth is shared between all the subscribers in an area... the higher the number... the less bandwidth to share... ergo... slow or intermittent connection... hope this helps... :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

loyalty rewards should depend on how long you have been using them.The phone they give to you no matter if you use their service for 2 years or 8 years is the same ( new units depends on your plan ). Di ba dapat ang loyalty ( as the word means ) the longer you stay with them the more they should take care of you ??? Paging people from SMART .