The SMART Complaint Thread

I had mine installed about 3 hours ago. What I suggest for people who want to have this installed is to do your own research first.

First to think about is this is a wireless service. That means, it must have a direct Line-0f-Sight to any smart cell site. Although Smart Bro doesn't use the smart cell network since this was initially a product of Meridian Telecoms (until Smart bought the company), they co-locate all their equipment to almost all Smart Cell Sites. Do some research by calling up your friends who might be able to help you locate where the nearest Smart Cell Site is from the location where you want Smart Bro to be installed. After you've done this, do a manual Line-of-Sight survey -- from your location, try to see if you can see the cell site directly and without any hindrances (like trees, poles, cables). If there is no hindrances, then you are almost sure that you'll get a good and consistent signal. Then second to consider is the distance from your place to the tower. The nearer the distance the better the signal and the faster the speed that you can get. If you've got these 2 things figured out and you are satisfied with the results, then you have a winner. Go ahead and apply for a Smart Bro.

I did these 2 things before I applied. My place is about 200m away from the Smart Cell Site and I was even the one who pointed it out to the contractors. It's good to be an engineer sometimes. Hehehe.

Edited by jlucas03

Been using my smartbro for more than a year now!

first few weeks, dami problema.

Kept on calling techsupp nila - powtek - kung ano-ano sinasabi tungkol sa PC ko daw sira.

Sabi ko puntahan nila ung antenna at i-adjust.

After a few more calls, nag-confirm na papapuntahan daw nila ng thursday. sabi ko weekend (para asa bahay ako).

weekend..... dumating, sabi nung technician - mali daw ung alignment ng antenna. s@%t!!!

inayos ng konti - OK NA AGAD.

sadly, minsan napuputol-putol pa rin.

Then came milenyo!!!!! biglang mawala ng ung pagka-interrmittent ng signal ko.

Ayun natanggal siguro ung punong nakaharang.......

so after more than a year, ok pa naman siya.

talagang kailangang ayos ang line-of-sight ng canopy at cell-site.

FYI..... binigyan nga pala ako ng smart ng SIM card to make free calls sa techsupp nila. (globe user ako e).

Yup dapat lang tama ang line-of-sight ng canopy sa cellsite nila. Kaya ako I always make sure na ok yung alignment ng antenna. Kung hindi, eh I'm the one adjusting it na. Mag-1 month na itong Smart Bro ko so far I'm satisfied with the connection naman. Kahit umuulan ng malakas ok pa din. Syempre di mo maaalis na minsan mabagal minsan mabilis. Shared internet kasi ang Smart Bro or DSL for that matter.

Has anyone of u encountered this...

Been using Smart Bro (Personal plan) for more than a year now, hooked it up to a router and it worked fine until about a week ago. Suddenly, it just doesnt work with the router. Have to hook it up straight to the PC/laptop to use it. Dunno if they modified the system or network setting's off.

I am also using SMART Bro at home. Been happy with it ever since it got installed a few months already, kahit umuulan-ulan pa. I totally agree with the opinion of some of the folks here. Kailangan maganda ang line of sight nung canopy with SMART's cell site ----- no obstructions sa sight because this greatly affects performance (TX/RX). And do your homework first before subscribing. I observed most of my neighbors are subscribing to Smart Bro and even asked a neighbor for his feedback. I heard good feedback from him before I opted to inquire. Hope this helps.

Nagapply ako last June 19, kasi excited ako magkaroon ng broadband sa bahay tapos when the agent told me na kabit agad after 2-3days, without hesitation nagbayad agad ako. Antay naman ako after 3 days tapos nung tinawagan ko na sabi daw sa June 30 pa ikakabit eh di nagalit naman ako, I asked them kung pwede agahan kasi kelangan ko ng internet sa bahay, oo naman daw. (pocha ang bobo nung ibang CSR dun, inconsistent pa <_<) so may advance plotting daw sa June 24, ok sige antay naman ako.

Dumating na si June 24, umaga pa lang tumawag na ako. Sabi pakiantay daw, sabi ko baka pwede before 3pm kasi aalis un mga tao dito sa bahay. Sige daw, 4pm na wala pa rin --- tawag na naman ako hanggang 6pm. Antay na naman.

Eto na -- 6pm tumawag ako at mainit na talaga ang ulo ko dahil nasira ang schedule ko dahil sa kanila. Irate customer na talaga, pero di ko naman minumura un CSR. BINAGSAKAN NYA AKO NG PHONE! :grr: Sa sobrang init ng ulo ko, un kapatid ko na ang pinatawag ako. Pasalamat un CSR na yun, nakalimutan ko pangalan nya. :angry:

Anyway, tumawag nga un kapatid ko. Antay na naman daw hanggang 8pm (Come to think of it, makakabit pa ba un eh madilim na? <_<) Tapos wala na talaga. Tumawag ako, nagexplain ako sa CSR na hindi naman iikot ang buhay ko kakaantay sa magiinstall. Nagapologize naman un CSR. ^_^

The next day, tumawag ulit ako. Ayun June 30 na naman daw. Sabi ko may advance plotting dito sa bahay ng June 24, tatanong daw muna nya -- ayon pinagantay nya ako ng 10 minutes bago sinabi na antayin ko daw before 12.

Awa ng Diyos dumating naman sila. Ok naman un contractor, kaso nagpadagdag ng php350 para maitaas un antenna kasi may nakaharang na puno sa daanan ng signal.

So far, ok naman siya. NGAYON PA LANG. Ewan ko na lang sa mga susunod na araw.

Pero badtrip un ibang CSR nila. Un lang masasabi ko. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by Candy®
  • 2 weeks later...

had mine connected bout 7 months ago. so far im enjoying the service they are giving me. in 7 months i just called them twice, they told me that they are just performing some maintenance, never told me that system is down or something like that. after a couple hours, internets back again.

la pala kwenta tong wireless broadband nila dahil hindi nakaka-pick up ng signal kapag nasa inner units ka ng isang condo... tapos sabi pa eh 2-3 days lang ang installation eh taena nung tinawagan sabay sabing within 1 week pa ma-iinstall. Badtrip yang mga CS nila... wala sa hulog, nagsisinungaling pa... Nung kelangan na kunin yung refund dahil hindi nga pwede install dahil walang signal kahit pa 8 yung servers nila sa area, sabi nung CS makukuha din agad kinabukasan yung refund, nung pinuntahan na yung mismong wireless center nila, god damn it! 8 working days pa pala makukuha ang refund.. Ang gagaling talaga magsinungaling... PERFECT! BONGGA! Wakekekekekek!!!

Buti pa GLOBELINES, sinabi nilang 3 to 7 days ang installation pero 2 days pa lang eh naiinstall na agad... :rolleyes:

had mine connected bout 7 months ago. so far im enjoying the service they are giving me. in 7 months i just called them twice, they told me that they are just performing some maintenance, never told me that system is down or something like that. after a couple hours, internets back again.

Ganyan naman talaga ang palusot eh, sinasabing performing some maintenance kasi kasiraan sa company nila yun kapag sinabing system is down... :upside:

sakin naman, walang problem sa connection tulin nga nila sa amin. ang problem ko lang ay delayed billing, isang beses pa lang ako nakakatanggap sa kanila ng monthly bill. for the last 3 months wala ako natanggap na bill, pag sa august wala pa din di 4 months na. buti na lang naka marka na sa mga kalendaryo sa bahay ang due date nila para nakakapagbayad kami.

as for me, my line of sight is blocked. im on the 8th floor... ive had a connection for only like 5 days in 1 month. i kept on complaining and finally said I want it disconnected. then I receive a stupid demand letter from smart, then they told me my request for disconnection was turned down. WTF??!!!

I got 2 smart cells that I pay a minimum of 3k each per month. had the lines for 3 years each. I should sue them for sending me that letter.

How do you assess SMART communications services? Claiming to be the #1 in wireless network should be accompanied by a distinct customer service. Let's spill it out!

1. Check out their on-line facility and you'll see not just one VERY SMART indications of their so called technology: Boasting their on-line billing, check it out if you can see a single bill. Btw, this has been for ages now.

Change some details through their wirelss center then check out the changes via their on-line facility and see if it matches.

2. Go to their wireless center, take a number then watch a movie. It takes them really long intervals in assisting clients not to mention the very welcoming face & getures of their guards.

3. Email them your concerns and wait 24 hours for their VERY SMART reply, normally asking you things that their database should already have the first time you registered with them. Ask a question or provide you reply then wait for another 24 hours if you are lucky. A normal customer concern will have turn-around time of say 1 week before you get an answer, which if you'll look at it doesn't always give you the answer to your queries.

4. Check on their promos, for example phones for retention plan some phone models has been posted way to premature that they don't even have a stock of it and they will tell you that they will contact you once available and that the normal waiting period is 4 weeks and wait forever. The supposed new phone model is not anymore new when they release it. It sucks!

There sure be more...... let's talk about it and see how SMART the so called CUSTOMER CARE it is. :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

to SMART employees, its not all about you... its about the SMART system.... Peace!