The SMART Complaint Thread

• 1 month later...

Ganun ba?! Bad trip talaga sila! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sure hope they put more essence into what they are trying to project - if even a fraction. :headsetsmiley:

tried to connect to the internet with my cellfone via nokia suite, mas mabilis pa globe.kesa smart...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Smart Bro for several years now (Meridian pa dati 'yong may hawak). Wala naman ako problem pwera lang noong initial setup.

I use it for my work connecting to servers via SSH or FTP and I have no problem with connection timing out or the likes.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the great annoyances I get from my phone is the alerts that it is okay to use my 3G smart phone to surf. But to be real, it is an absoluteB*tch to surf with Smart. Its as bad as plain wap and if you surf during peak hours like noon or 5-6pm you will surely have a heck of a long time to wait and so many battery wasted energy because your phone is continuously on, you really need to get extra batteries and have them fully charged if you can not find a socket. Internet surfing or operating is really hard over the present broadband structure. Ewan ko lang what is the experience with Globe and Sun users.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using Smart Bro for several years now (Meridian pa dati 'yong may hawak). Wala naman ako problem pwera lang noong initial setup.

I use it for my work connecting to servers via SSH or FTP and I have no problem with connection timing out or the likes.

ok naman din smart bro ko mabilis naman sya

I was told that there is a problem reloading Smart using a Call/Text Card regardless if it's 300 or 500. It's been going on lately that my card retailer does not want to sell me any because of the problem these past few days

I personally experienced this yesterday. I tried to load a 500-call/text card but I could not connect to Smart. When I finally connected, the voice said " the pin # is not valid, etc." So I tried another 500 value prepaid card an the same happened. This morning I was able to load a 100 value card. This happened also once with my Globe SIM. Pero twice in a row! :angry: What is really the problem with SMART? :grr:

I personally experienced this yesterday. I tried to load a 500-call/text card but I could not connect to Smart. When I finally connected, the voice said " the pin # is not valid, etc." So I tried another 500 value prepaid card an the same happened. This morning I was able to load a 100 value card. This happened also once with my Globe SIM. Pero twice in a row! :angry: What is really the problem with SMART? :grr:

may mga inuupgrade lang po kami sa mga system namin... sorry for the inconvinience.

• 3 weeks later...

Dati Smart Pre-paid subscriber ako, pero nainis talaga ako sa palaging charge ng charge, yun bang your phone is lobat, You are charging your phone, you will be charge P1 for this, you dial the wrong number, you will be charge P1 for this invalid call, your txt spelling is wrong, you will be charge P1 for this, You dropped your phone, you will be charge P1 for this, You added a contacst on your phonebook, you will be charge P1 for this, You send a txt msg to the wrong recepient you will be charge P1 for this mistake, you have no load but you are still txting, you will be charge for this when you reload. Pag nagload kana uli, sasabihin na you dont have any balance because you were charge for the many invalid transactions you made, please reload again, because the load you loaded are not enough, we are still going to charge you more. what the fock! Kahit malakas ang signal nito hindi pa rin naaalis ang pagkabwisit ko sa network na to. Bagamat me Sim card ako once in a blue moon ku lang pinapaloadan at pang emergency lang kung walang signal ang Globe o Sun.

Nasa SM North Edsa ako kahapon at nag inquire ako ng post paid plans ng Smart. The lady offered me this new phone Verizio ata ang brand and its DUAL SIM. Then I ask, so pwede ko gamitin ang Globe Sim dyan together with the Smart Sim, and sagot nya... HINDE! :huh:

Naka lock daw yung phone for 2 years sa Smart. Pag pina open mawawala ang warranty.

So whats the use of getting a post paid line with a Dual Sim Phone? para daw magamit yung Post-paid Sim ng Smart and Prepaid Sim ng Smart ng sabay. Actually pati sya nanginti sa paliwanag nya eh :D

Nasa SM North Edsa ako kahapon at nag inquire ako ng post paid plans ng Smart. The lady offered me this new phone Verizio ata ang brand and its DUAL SIM. Then I ask, so pwede ko gamitin ang Globe Sim dyan together with the Smart Sim, and sagot nya... HINDE! :huh:

Naka lock daw yung phone for 2 years sa Smart. Pag pina open mawawala ang warranty.

So whats the use of getting a post paid line with a Dual Sim Phone? para daw magamit yung Post-paid Sim ng Smart and Prepaid Sim ng Smart ng sabay. Actually pati sya nanginti sa paliwanag nya eh :D

common sense lang ang katapat nyan

• 2 weeks later...

bad after sales service ng smart. i terminated my account last 30 aug. up to now, yung contractor nila, di na kinuha yung cable wire pati yung antenna nila. ano yun? pwede bang ako na lang magpatanggal? di na yata nila kelangan yun e. btw i switched to globe broadband. cheaper and faster speed. P995 1mbps. data only. vs. smarbro P999 384kbps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
asko naman nung wednesday lang nakuha kona yung phone ko sa kanila, upon checking laging may lumalabas na white line sa screen, sabi ng smart 15 days replacement so binalaik ko, nung pagbalik ko sa SM San Lazaro sabi nung CSR officer "naku di kami nagpapalit nhg uinit ,sabi ko maam kase nagcashput pa ako siyempre naman inaasahan ko bago at magandang quality ang makukuha ko" sabi sa akin puntahan ko daw ang Nokia at duon ipacheck because of warranty etc...usabi naman sa nokia sa smart dapat kausapin kase LCD ang problem mas maganda kung palitan na lang ng unit ng Smart para sigurado...kanina bumalik kami sa SM sabi nung babae antay na lang daw muna ng feedback tatawag na lang daw sa akin ang gulo nila grabe!!!nakaka pagod na biyahe pati oras ko nasasayang..tsk..tsk..tsk

i experienced this with smart

i applied for plan 1800 so i got a new nokia phone at sm manila wireless center

i travelled then to bacolod only to find out later that my phone hangs, i brought it to gaisano mall wireless center and have the unit checked, i said if i can just return it at gaisano instead of going back to manila so i could avail of replacement of the unit found defective, lo and behold, they want me to have it returned to sm manila branch for replacement

naknamputakte na service yan

last dec 12, i applied for a retention, it coincides with their shock wave promo, and their strategy is to hold release of their new phone models so what they offer are those units in their inventory (old model)

i got a w770i unit, they just showed me the content fo the box, and put it in their paper bag

i live in cavite and it was at sm megamall where i got the phone

the charger is not working, i inquired via theor smart website, click on aftersales inquiry link and send them my complaint

i got no response so i went to megamall to have the charger replaced, i was told that since it was their shockwave promo i availed, they cannot offer replacement, what they will do is give me a certificate and have the charger repaired at sony ericsson service center

windang ako dun, kaya sabi ko, what had happened to DTI's policy on replacement? i just said i will cancel my retention since what you gave me is with a defective accessory, they said i cannot and that i hav eto pay a pretermination fee, i said will complain at DTI if they will charge me, what they did is to get me a new charger from their other sonyericsson handsets

i then complained of my switching from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa, i first reported it mid november and that was already dec 12, but they keep on giving me same answer, sorry for the inconveniece, this will be your srn...our technical group will address your concern, P I nila, paulit ulit

kaya nung nasa wireless center ako, i told them i will not leave unless they give me a solution to that

what the staff gave me again is an srn, galit na talaga ako, almost 1.5 hrs, they tried to have the switching work, but to no avail, ang rason na lang nila, sira daw sim at papalitan ko pero wala sila stock

what it meant is that i need to roam the city for all the wireless centers, inquire which one has the multiline sim stock, that is so much of a hassle

so what i did, i returned the phone, i took my sim, told them i am cancelling and that i will just settle all my bills till january 4, my cut off

i left the wireless center, got no reply nor any communications from them, but i noteiced that night, my phone kept on re starting

i believe they were trying to force switch my lines remotely trying to see if the switch will be ok

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus

I got this message while texting my fiance abroad:

Sorry you don't have sufficient airtime balane to avail of this service. Please reload and try again. This invalid SMS transaction will be charged P1.

bwisit.. insufficient na nga ang balance ko, kinaltasan pa ako ng piso! pakingshet..

ako badtrip na badtrip sa smartbro prepaid ko, something's wrong with them, minsan lagi wala signal i have to reboot 3x pa just to get signal. tapos ambagal, lagi parang hang. its not with my computer naman or the website. smartbro lang talaga, grrr!!!

ganyan talaga sir ang mga wireless internet. konting ulan ang wala na. sobrang unreliable. kung may dsl service na rin lang sa inyo yun na lang kunin niyo. ako i use bayantel satisfied naman kami

Guest xerxes
Does anyone know how to stop getting spam text messages from 232? The Trivia questions.

EITHER you call *888 to ask for the instruction how to stop it

or go to the wireless center to ask the same info

either way, it is a hassle

if you are using prepaid, then expect around 30 min waiting time for your call to be answered

pila naman pag sa wireless center