The SMART Complaint Thread

Smart BROken!

The 1st few months, the connection was quite satisfying, an average of 40kb/sec when downloading (Damn it they locked the canopy configuration site).

Now connection is really very slow. I just get an average of 10kb/sec when dowloading. I thought it was my pc but I just recently reformatted it still the same result (I reformat my pc 2x a year). I searched the internet and forums for any configuration and tweaks but to no avail.

I can't stand the redundant reasons of their technical support that they do not have problems on their end. I also work in the IT field and pretty much understand some basic network/IE troubleshooting, though I may not know everything but still I know the basics. I just avoid calling their technical support because IT WILL JUST RUIN MY DAY!.

Good thing that PLDT is now offering their MYDSL in our area and will surely switch over to it (I hope it will not be the same s@%t)

The issue with broadBand is very controversial... the application of services, signal strength signal and speed is inconsistent and very dicey in nature... that is why some people say that pay masama ang weather, the broadBand connection gets really awful... sometimes during storms the connection gets really bad.

• 4 weeks later...

asko naman nung wednesday lang nakuha kona yung phone ko sa kanila, upon checking laging may lumalabas na white line sa screen, sabi ng smart 15 days replacement so binalaik ko, nung pagbalik ko sa SM San Lazaro sabi nung CSR officer "naku di kami nagpapalit nhg uinit ,sabi ko maam kase nagcashput pa ako siyempre naman inaasahan ko bago at magandang quality ang makukuha ko" sabi sa akin puntahan ko daw ang Nokia at duon ipacheck because of warranty etc...usabi naman sa nokia sa smart dapat kausapin kase LCD ang problem mas maganda kung palitan na lang ng unit ng Smart para sigurado...kanina bumalik kami sa SM sabi nung babae antay na lang daw muna ng feedback tatawag na lang daw sa akin ang gulo nila grabe!!!nakaka pagod na biyahe pati oras ko nasasayang..tsk..tsk..tsk

• 2 weeks later...

If you use Outlook or resident program based email DO NOT sign up with SMARTBro (dapat BOBOBro). You wil be weeks with interupted service. Their servicersonel will not let you talk with any one in the tech department. They are NOT truthful or know waht is happening. Hard to believe the parent company can win awards. Hard to believe they stay in business.

has anyone been having problems with Smart 3G? hindi ako maka video call!!! tapos may mga text n tawag ako na hindi natatangap kahit na may signal ako :thumbsdownsmiley:

i think they have a problem these days with 3G. yung sa akin, more than 2 weeks ko ng hindi nagagamit. eh more on data connection purposes pa naman ako.

^ if you can avoid getting Smart or Globe don't get it, best pa din if your connected via a cable - zpdee, pldtdsl, etc. Pareho lang naman ata bayad eh. If you have to get either, ask sa neighbors niyo which has the better service, depende sa area yan eh

• 2 weeks later...
^ if you can avoid getting Smart or Globe don't get it, best pa din if your connected via a cable - zpdee, pldtdsl, etc. Pareho lang naman ata bayad eh. If you have to get either, ask sa neighbors niyo which has the better service, depende sa area yan eh

nothing really beats the more stable wired services. you cant compare it.

sa sobrang dami ng mga illegal na frequency dyan best effort talaga ang wireless.

but visibility is still ok according to friends of mine.

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
may nagkaproblema ba sa smart signal kaninang mga 7pm? kami kasi dito sa office sa may shaw hindi makatawag or makatext... tapos fluctuating ang signal... :thumbsdownsmiley:

yup. actually hanggang ngayon, malabo ung linya namin kapag tumatawag. saka naiiwan 'yong mga text namin sa outbox ng matagal. dito kami sa may nuebe de pebrero. hassle sobra! :angry:

agree. wireless signals are affected by certain factors (like lightning, etc.) aside from the physical factors (cellsites, receivers, etc.)

so you will end up frustrated half the time.

• 1 month later...

kups ng smart... i have a smart gold line plan 1800, may 2 year tie up. after a year, i upgraded the plan to 2500... ngayon, 6 months nalang, i was trying to downgrade it back to plan 1800 (ung original plan ko), pero hindi na daw pwede.... you can upgrade your plan but not downgrade it back to the original... :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a feeling that Smart Bro connection is getting slower, Is it because there's too many subscribers now than before? And there tech. support really suck if they can't fix it by their TSR on phone they will make you wait for 24 hours to schedule their visit at your place and it will take as long as 3 days for them to come :grr:

• 2 weeks later...